InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Jenna ❯ Going Into Change ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Jenna

Episode 1. Going onto the Change.

"Hello?" a voice rang though an empty door way. It came from a girl named Jenna. Jenna was a normal High School student that thought her life was over when she moved from the America's to Japan.

It was because of father's job that forced her to move her life. "Jenna dear, will you start unpacking your things there is no last minute change of plans," Jenna's mama called to her from the draggie dull house. Jenna groaned and stepped inside the plan modern Japanese house. It seemed like any other house to Jenna, boring with no sense of style or taste. Just unpainted blank walls and unknowing rooms filled with what you may ask? Nothing. "Oh, great I'm living in hell," Jenna groaned to herself.

She signed and ignored the feeling of newness in the air. Jenna stomped into what was known to be a bedroom. "Yep, living hell alright, there it is right in front of my face and for once I'm not running away from it and that just," Jenna cut herself off when she heard the door crack open. It was cat, Tiki. "Hey, what's up Tiki," Jenna was talking to the cat! Tiki meowed at her and nudged her with his nose. Jenna bent down to pet the small kitten. *Pet, pet, pet* "Okay back to unpacking our stuff," Jenna said to herself again. She continued the on going process of unpacking her belongings.

Later that night when Jenna and her parents were eating dinner they had an interesting conversation about school and how it might be. Jenna knew how to speak Japanese and was not scared to speak it. Ether she was good at translating or good at speaking she wasn't sure. "Jenna, you'll have good time while you're here, it will give you something to write about to you're little friends back in the America's," her mom said as she washed off the dishes and put them in the soapy water. Jenna shrugged and looked away out the window.

That morning Jenna was a woken by rain as usual. Jenna remembered that she could never sleep when it rained and it use to rain all the time back in the America's. "Oh, great, I'm going to have to go to school in the rain? Wonderful," Jenna said to herself. She jumped out of bed after looking at the clock. It was 6:45 am. She got dressed and went down stairs. "Thanks for waking me you guys," Jenna said to her mom and grabbed the burned piece of toast on the counter. "Why are you up so early? Did I wake you?" Her mom asked her.

"What do you mean? I'm late for school!" Jenna yelled as she opened the door. It was pouring rain. "Jenna we aren't in the America's any more remember," Her mom tolled Jenna. "You forgot to set your clock back didn't you?" Her dad asked. "No, I didn't, guess I for got," Jenna grumbled. "You can go, if you want," Her mom sipped her coffee`. "Okay bye!" Jenna yelled and slammed the door. Jenna was already soaked when she got to the end of her driveway.

*Ring* the school bell ran thought Jenna's ears. "Dang! I'm late for school!" Jenna ran for the door. She wasn't late, she wasn't early ether. "What? Are all these people late? Or are they early?" Jenna said to herself. *Bang* Jenna ran into someone. "Sorry are you okay?" a voice said. "Yeah I'm fine, are you okay?" Jenna rubbed her head and looked at the person she ran into. "Yeah I'm fine, thanks, what's you're name," the voice said. This girl that Jenna saw was Japanese, she wore the normal school uniform, she had black hair and brown eyes.

"My name is Jenna, yours?" Jenna said. "My name is Kagome, you must be the kid from the America's aren't you?" Kagome asked picking up the books that she dropped. "Yeah how did you know," Jenna asked helping her pick up the books. "I'm suppose to show you around," Kagome said getting up, "follow me." Jenna followed Kagome up stairs and down the hall to her what would be known as her new locker. "Okay if you need me my locker is right next to yours," Kagome tolled her.

"Thanks Kagome, I'll see you later," Jenna said and waved good bye. Jenna pulled out her map so she could find her first class. "Hey you there new kid," Jenna heard a voice and looked up. She say a person, he didn't very friendly. "Hi!" Jenna said carefully. "You, you came from the America's? Living here must have been hell, and now you come here to make this place hell," he said, then laughed. Jenna whipped the smile of her face.

"Well, are saying that my live sucks, because it does," Jenna agreed, the guy stopped laughing. "And I left my friends behind, at least in the America's there was action and excitement and there wasn't any crap to follow it was a free country," Jenna finished. A grin came on her face. "Yeah, but?" the guy was amazed at Jenna's personality. "Remember this buddy, my mane goal in live is to have friends, make people that don't like me miserable get good grades and insult people that I hate and they hate me," Jenna informed him.

Jenna walked away down the crowded hallway of staring eyes. Leaving the guy with his mouth wide open, she walked away and into the classroom with a big smile on her face. "What the hell is she so happy about," one of Jenna's fellow students whispered to another. Jenna sat down in her seat and started her school day. Jenna opened her Social Studies book and skimmed throw it.

After school she saw Kagome walking home from school. "Hey! Kagome!" Jenna called to Kagome and ran up to see her. "Hi Jenna, how was your first day at this school?" Kagome asked. "Oh, it was great, accept for one guy tried to take advantage of me," Jenna tolled her. "Ah, yeah when your new that will happen here," Kagome explained, "dang it! I'm going to be late!"

Kagome started to run. Jenna saw something fly out of Kagome's bag. Jenna ran over to it and picked it up. It was some kind of jewel. It was glowing and purple, to Jenna it was beautiful. But she had to give it back. Jenna started to run after Kagome. She followed her until she came to an old shrine. "Is this where Kagome lives?" Jenna said to herself. She saw a glimpse of Kagome walking into the small house on the right.

Jenna started walking tord it and opened the door. Inside there was a well and Kagome was no where to be seen. "Kagome? Maybe she fell into the well," Jenna walked over to the well. She looked down into it. No Kagome down there. "Kagome?" a voice said from behind Jenna. She turned and slipped into the well. "I guess nobody's in here," said the voice.