InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Jolene ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here's the next chapter with Kikyo's POV. Again I don't own either the song, "Jolene" by Dolly Parton or Inuyasha.

I'm not suppose to be alive, and I know this. I'm only alive because of him. He was suppose to die with me, he DID die with me. I was the one to kill him. I killed him because he betrayed me. It doesn't matter what he or anyone else says, even if it was Naraku who attacked me, he still used Inuyasha's form. Therefore Inuyasha betrayed me. <Vana: That's some f-ed up logic!>

Jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene
Please don't take him just because you can

That girl, my reincarnation, she is so much more than me. I mean, she is living. I am nothing more than clay and ash. And I know that, but Inuyasha is still mine. He still owes his debt to me, he even said so himself.

But I've seen the way that he looks into the blue eyes of that girl, and how he protected her in the final battle against Naraku. No matter how many times he's left her to see me she still stays. She is either completely stupid or so devoutly in love with him that no matter what he does she will always stay with him.

I know I can't compete with the living when all I can offer is hell, but he is mine. I claimed him first, didn't I? Doesn't that give me the right to him?

Your beauty is beyond compare
With flaming locks of auburn hair
With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green
Your smile is like a breath of spring
Your voice is soft like summer rain
And I cannot compete with you, jolene

He's come to me, made love to me. After the battle with Naraku, he would come some nights. But he would never call my name. It would always be her name he called in the moment of pleasure. It was her name he moaned when he took my virginity. And I let him, because I thought in some way he was coming to me because she would not touch him.

But I know that isn't true. He would leave each morning before I even awoke and return to her. And I know that even though I was afraid of what would come of laying with a hanyou, she didn't, doesn't have those same fears. I used to be afraid to touch him when he was hanyou, in fear of becoming filthy, but she touched him and she isn't any less pure than she was before.

He talks about you in his sleep
There's nothing I can do to keep
From crying when he calls your name, jolene

I am pulled out of my thoughts when a red and silver blur falls in front of me. I wonder what he is doing here, even though I know he comes to me sometimes, it's never so early.

"Kikyo," he hissed my name, "what are you doing here? If Kagome, Sango or Miroku find you here they will not hesitate to attack you."

"But," I try to say but he cuts me off.

"But nothing. You betrayed us with Naraku! You tried to kill Kagome only the gods know how many times. It's a miracle I even have let you live this long out of pity!"

"What about those times, where you would come to me?" I ask, shamed I have to resort to this kind of begging. I risk a glance up to look at his face, and see a look of shock, before he turns, muttering swears under his breath, before starting a mantra of, "So that's what she meant."

"You better just forget about that. It meant absolutely nothing to me. Now I suggest that you leave. If you ever come here again I will not hesitate to kill you. When I finish getting dinner for myself and my mate I suggest that you be far from here." And with that he leapt away from me, never once looking back.

And I can easily understand
How you could easily take my man
But you don't know what he means to me, jolene

Jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene
Please don't take him just because you can

I didn't even know where I was walking until it was too late. I was lost in my own thoughts and did not realize that I was getting deeper in the forest of Inuyasha, the only man I ever loved. And that's when I walked right into her, my reincarnation.

"Kikyo." She said, dropping her hands to the side, showing she had no fear. But why should she? My mind replayed what Inuyasha had said and I sorely wanted to kill her for what she had taken from me, even if that meant that Inuyasha killed me, betrayed me again. "We need to talk."

I couldn't say anything as she slowly walked over to me and took my hand, placing it on her stomach firmly, looking me straight in the eye.

You could have your choice of men
But I could never love again
He's the only one for me, jolene

"I'm sure you can't feel it just yet, but in here is what Inuyasha and I have created. If you want him, truly believe you deserve him more than I do, then pour all your energy into my stomach and kill the child that Inuyasha and I made, and hopefully you'll kill me too. I leave it all up to you, because I can't live without him, I refuse to raise our child alone. You either take him now by killing me, and wish to be human with the jewel or you don't kill me and you never, ever come back. It's your choice."

Did she not realize what she had just asked me? Did she not know how close I am to letting my power kill this child? "He's come to me. He's come and made love to me." I admit.

I see her closed eyes let a small tear fall down her cheek as she slowly nods. "Yes, I know."

I take a breath and slowly add more pressure to her stomach. "He never called my name though. He always called yours when he came, and I let him. For that alone I should kill you." I see her cringe slightly and I almost smile. "But I know that you've suffered as well. He said so himself. When he came to warn me to get away from this forest. He's going to live with that guilt of betraying you for the rest of his life. I truly love him. That's why, I can't kill you." I retracted my hand from her stomach and placed it up to my own body, "I've caused him enough grief, I can't bare to cause him anymore. Take my life, Kagome. I want to die."

As the power released into my system, and my body slowly started to turn back into ash and clay I saw my reincarnation's eyes open, relieved that I had chosen to let her live.

I had to have this talk with you
My happiness depends on you
And whatever you decide to do, jolene

And as I look up and see my reincarnation get wrapped in the arms of Inuyasha, a surge of jealousy wracks through my body, knowing what I had given up. With the power I could have become anything to please Inuyasha, yet I chose to give that all away.

As the only man I would ever love lifted someone else up, let that someone wrap her legs around his waist, celebrating the pregnancy of his mate, I realized this was my hell. To watch him be happy.

And so I cry.

Jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene
Please don't take him even though you can
Jolene, jolene

That is the end! I could so not let Kikyo have him, I mean seriously, no. I hope you liked this, even if you didn't/don't review. Thanks anyone who did review! Well, back to my monstrosity. *cringes at the thought at anything with a plot* I'm never writing a story where I know that I want a plot, never again.