InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just to Be With You ❯ Family Talks and Training ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Just settling things: Neither I, nor my kitten sisters own any of the characters used in this work. We just needed something to pass the time.
Oneesan Neko (Mrou)
 
Just to Be With You
 
Chapter 2: Family Talks and Training
 
"I'm home everyone!" Kagome yelled as she came in the door. "And I really need to talk to all of you."
 
Her mother walked out of the kitchen "Okay dear, just a moment . . . Kagome? What happened to you?"
 
"I'm getting that a lot recently Mom. I'll explain as soon as Sota and Grandpa get here."
Kagome sat down, then turned her head and sniffed the air. "They'll be here any minute."
 
Sota and Grandpa rushed in the front door.
 
"We're Home! Hey Kagome, What happened to your ears? You look really cool sis. Kind of like Inu-Yasha."
 
"WAH! My beloved granddaughter has been possessed! Don't worry Kagome; your Grandfather will save you!
 
"Hush you two, calm down. Now Kagome wants to talk to us about something, right dear?"
 
"Yeah, thanks mom. I didn't realize at first that this was what Midoriko meant by changing." Kagome blushed, and stared at the floor. "But she says there's a big battle coming up, and that I need to protect myself and the Shikon Jewel. So I think maybe it's for the best . . ."
 
"Oh, Kagome, don't worry! This spell will return you to your wonderful self." Her grandfather placed the spell strip on her face. "I didn't work! But that spell has been passed down for generations!"
 
"Grandfather, I have no youki. Purifying me won't change my shape." She looked at her staring brother "Yes, Sota?"
 
"Sis, you going to leave us? I don't want Mom to cry."
 
"Sota, I do have to leave for awhile, but I promise Inu-Yasha and I will come visit you. Kagome looked at her mom "Mom, I need to train in the past. When the jewel rejoined my body my full powers were awakened." She blushed. "Plus Kaede says I need to learn control of my new body."
 
"Alright, Kagome. You know we'll miss you." Her mom smiled. "What do you want me to tell your school?"
 
"Tell them I got accepted into a private academy out of country or something." She glared at her grandfather. "I'm sick of being asked about my 'rare, dangerous chronic illnesses."
 
------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
 
Back in Feudal Japan, Kagome jumped from the well and dashed back to the village. Inu-Yasha met her outside Kaede's hut.
 
"Come on girl. If you want to learn to use your new body, you need to get in shape."
 
"I am in excellent shape, thank you very much, after years of chasing your stupid shards." Kagome turned her back and snorted
 
He snorted back "Hmmf! Maybe you are, for a human, especially in your current form. But for a demon, Keh, girl, you're a weakling."
 
"What did you call me!?" Kagome jumped at him, claws grabbing into his gi. He tossed her off with nonchalant ease.
 
"Weakling dog bitch! I could do better than that as a child!" Inu-Yasha continued to taunt her. "You have claws for a reason, and it's not to paint them!"
 
"Why you . . . I'll get you for that!" Kagome glared as Inu-Yasha took off running. "Don't you run away from me!"
 
"You want to talk to me, huh girl? Well you've got to catch me first!"
 
"Argh!" Kagome took off, as fast as she could. She thought she had him when
 
"Hey, what's taking you? If I run any slower a human could catch me."
 
"Nothings 'Taking me' you jerk! I'll catch you soon." 'Of course, I'm starting to get really tired, but he doesn't need to know that.'
 
"Yeah right. You're running full out and I'm loping. It's a sure bet on who gets tired and drops behind."
 
"Alright, fine, I get your point." Kagome hung her head as she panted. "But can we stop now? I'm not used to running like this."
 
"Keh, your weaker than I thought. Fine, stop and catch your breath. Then we're going for a jog to build your stamina."
 
"Inu-Yasha, did it ever occur to you that insults are not the way to convince me of something?"
"Of course they are. And it takes less time than arguing with you." He smirked "Or would you prefer 'Lets go for a run Kagome. It will be excellent training.'" He looked at her "Oh, so you would, huh? To bad it won't happen."
 
"Jerk," she muttered under her breath. "Fine then. If we have to go on a run before I go back to the village, lets start all ready."
 
Inu-Yasha took off, running about the speed of an average human. "This is the speed for today's run. Keep up."
 
They took off running through the forest, stopping when they reached the end of the tree line.
 
"Um, Inu-Yasha, where are we going?" Kagome was completely lost.
 
"Back. I think six miles is a good distance for your first run." He smiled at the surprised look on her face. "We'll run back to the Goshinboku, then go talk to Kaede about the rest of your training."
 
------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
 
Kagome sat quietly while Kaede discussed her training schedule.
 
"I suppose you should have some physical training in the morning, then some herb lore, work with your powers in the afternoon and go for a run before bed." Kaede turned "Sound good Inu-Yasha?"
 
"Keh! It'll do."
 
"If we're all agreed then, why don't we begin? Inu-Yasha, perhaps thee would like to talk to the monk for a time?"
 
"Why would I want to . . . Keh, I'm going alright?"
 
"Very well. Now, Kagome, the first step to controlling your new gifts is recognizing their form. It differs for each priestess."
 
"Then where do look?"
 
"Inside yourself. We will begin with some basic meditation."
 
"Um, okay."
 
"Kneel, and place your hands on your knees. Now close your eyes, and begin breathing to the rhythm I indicate." Kaede smiled. "You'll master it shortly. So, breathe in for the count of five-, then out for the count of five. 1-2-3-4-5, 1-2-3-4-5. 1-2-3-4-5, 1-2-3-4-5. Very good."
Half an hour later
 
"Okay, Kagome that will be enough for now. The cyclic breathing is becoming more natural to you, and tomorrow we can start the mental aspects. Why don't you go for a bath."
 
"Alright. Thanks Kaede." Kagome rose and headed for the door, then looked back. "Do you know where Sango is Kaede? I'd like to talk with her."
 
"She went for some fish. She should be back shortly."
 
"Okay! Bye!"
 
As Kagome dashed out the door, she ran strait into the returning Sango
 
"Kyaa! I'm so sorry Sango."
 
"It's okay Kagome. At least we caught the fish before they fell."
 
"Yeah, good point. I was just going for a bath. Care to join me?"
 
"Love to. Let just give these fish to Kaede and then we can go."
 
------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
 
"Aaah," Kagome sighed as she sank into the hot spring. "The river is fine for some things, but after Inu-Yasha's 'training' I really needed a hot bath."
 
"I'll believe it. You two were running all over the place like a pair of maniacs. What was it for?"
 
"Stamina he claims. I just think he was enjoying taunting me." The hanyou girl growled, then jumped slightly at the sound. "Uh, did I do that?"
 
"Kagome! You just growled."
 
"Um, sorry. I didn't know I could do that." Kagome blushed, "I mean I guess it makes sense since my body is half demon but . . ."
 
"Don't worry about it Kagome. You just surprised me, that's all. Now lets finish before the lecher shows up."
 
"You mean Miroku? Good plan."
 
"Always."
 
------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
 
Gradually, Kagome's days fell into a routine of sorts. As Kaede had suggested, she alternated between physical and mental training. By the end of each day she was exhausted, but it was exhilarating to find she would no longer be the weakest of the group.
 
And so the weeks and months passed . . .