InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome and her Pyschiatrist ❯ here we go again ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
"Welcome, miss, please state your first name and Dr. Baker will see you shortly," the secretary says. "Um... Kagome." The secretary rings a bell and goes back to the book she was reading. I'll never forgive Grandpa for this... when I get out of here I'll-- "All right, Kagoomee, the doctor will see you now." "The name is Kagome, not Kagoomee!" "Whatever... second door on your right."

Kagome opens the door and sticks her head in. Sitting behind a desk in a comfy looking computer chair is a 60-year-old looking man with thick glasses and black hair. "Ah, Kagome, so good to see you. Your grandfather was obviously worried for you and scheduled our appointment, eh? Something about your friends saying you've been hanging out with 'the wrong people'? So have a seat over there and let's talk about it, shall we?" "Er... yeah, ok." Kagome takes a seat and looks around, nervous. Why do I have to be here? I have an Algebra test today that I have to make up. The doctor drags his chair over and sits down with one of those clip board things. "So tell me, who exactly have you been hanging around with, and what boy problems are you having?" Kagome turns red. What exactly did Grandpa tell this nut case?!

Kagome clears her throat. "Well... there's these two guys..." The doctor nods. "Mm hmm... go on." "Well, you see... the one has a brother who is out to kill him, and every time they meet one of them is almost killed. Last time it was his brother and we haven't heard from him since, but the one time before that I thought that he HAD died, because he never came back to get me! The jerk!" The doctor looks a bit alarmed. "Oh my! He tried to kill him?! More than once, you say? Have you alerted anybody of this?" Kagome, watch what you say! This isn't the past, it's the present! "Well, uh, not really, but honest, it's no big deal." "I think we should at least warn the boy's parents or the police--" "NO DON'T!!!" Kagome bolts up out of the chair and screams it in the doctor's face, then turns red and takes her seat again. The doctor is silent, then clears his throat and continues. "It's obvious there's some reason why, but we won't get into that at the moment... so tell me why he didn't come back to get you? And what was he getting you for? For a date??" Kagome turns red. "No, not a date... um, actually, I had to leave the date I was on to go and see him." "Was he in the hospital then?"

There is a quick flashback of Inuyasha in the small cabin that Kiyaday had set up to keep him in, Inuyasha tied up and trying to get out, him and Miroku fighting to keep Inuyasha inside... Kagome turns red again. "Sure... a hospital... yeah, that's the place." "All right then... so are these 'two guys' this man and his brother?" Kagome looks up from the floor. "Actually, his brother has nothing to do with it. It's him and this other guy..." Her voice trails off. "Well?" "They... they fight a lot... oh, and one of them kidnapped me and tried to make his... his..... his........" Kagome stops, turns red again, then stares down at the floor and doesn't say any more. "He did what?" Silence... "Well, out with it, it can't be that bad." "HE SAID HE LOVED ME AND STUFF, ALL RIGHT?!" She stares at the floor again...

Dr. Baker looks at Kagome. "You're about 15 or 16, right? And you're having, erm, 'problems' with these two gentlemen?" At the word gentlemen, Kagome thinks of Inuyasha and Koga fighting several times and remembers their language during the fight... "Sure..." she answers. "So? I don't see a problem with a young man saying he loves you. It's perfectly natural... unless you don't want to have a boyfriend?" Kagome turns red once again. "I, uh, well... he-he's a nice guy and all, but I don't... well... love-love him, if you know what I mean. But he kidnapped me to keep the other boy from--" "Wait just a second, the one who kidnapped you is the one who said that he loved you?" "Yeah..." "Why DID he kidnap you?" "He... uh... didn't want the one boy to... well, you know..." "And how do you feel about that?" Kagome stands up again. "HOW DO I FEEL?! I WOULDN'T BE HERE IF MY GRANDPA DIDN'T THINK I HAD PROBLEMS, AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW I FEEL!!" There is a moment of odd silence again.

"So then, the young man who rescued you is obviously in love with you as well, correct?" Kagome turns even redder (if that's even possible to be more red than she already was). "I... that's not really all of it..." The doctor has a coughing fit and then stares at Kagome. "There's more?!" Kagome sits down and sighs. "He's still hung up over his old girlfriend. Still in love, I think... and she still loves him, too, even though she won't admit to it." The doctor grins. "So there's a bit of girl rivalry between the two of you?" Another flashback to the many times Kikyo has tried to kill Kagome. "You might say that..." "So why did the two break apart if they're still very much in love?" Kagome wonders whether or not she should tell the doctor they broke up because Kikyo was killed 50 years ago by Naraku disguised as Inuyasha and now her soul has returned and is still wondering around trying to finish them off, and Inuyasha was put under a spell for 50 years so that the events of the past just seem like yesterday, and that he is still in love with her because he thinks its his fault she died anyway...

"I don't know why." The doctor nods. "Well, all right then, but do you think they should be together?" Kagome jumps off and this time knocks the chair over. "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! NO, HE CAN'T! IT'S JUST PLAIN IMPOSSIBLE!!!" The doctor falls over. "All right, calm down, and... sit down. Why not? Is the girl seeing somebody else?" "No..." "Are you seeing this boy?" Silence... Kagome turns red. "Well, are you?" More silence. "All right then, just tell me whether you feel any love for this boy?" Kagome starts sweating. "Come on, Kagome, you have to answer something? Do you love him??" "I....... uh........ welll......" Suddnely, a voice comes from outside the window. "KAGOME!! Get your butt back here!! How can you just leave like that?! I didn't even DO anything!!" Inuyasha jumps through the open window and knocks the doctor over. He grabs Kagome and puts her on his back. "Honestly, Kagome, there's enough trouble back there, you don't have to run back here every other day." Kagome sighs. "Just go, Inuyasha. Go. And no questions, either..." Inuyasha shrugs, then takes off out the window. The doctor gets up, then makes a phonecall. An office over, the phone rings. Since it's Friday, the doctor next door is out of the office so he leaves a message. "Er... Fred, this is Dr. Baker.... next door.... I need to have a talk with you... very soon...."