InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou (old version) ❯ The Journey begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Adventures of Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou:

Chapter 1: Journey Begins

Setting: 1740 in London, England-

She just got the news. She stood on a bridge by a nearby pond. She looked at her reflection in the waters below. She was Japanese, but had lived her young adult life as a Lady in the British Court, due to her father's role as a diplomat for Japan. He helped with negotiations and such other subjects. She was only 15 and already was put in a tight position and now, yet again, she'd have to leave "Home." She looked at her clothing. Dressed in apparel that upper-crust ladies wore. A blue dress with a trail of white ruffles going from her neck to her waist. Layers and layers of fabric under her the skirt to have that "Bouffant" look. Her hair in bun with curls hanging from it, a beaded net holding it.

"Why America?" She asked herself, "It seems like I just moved here and it's so far!"

She tossed a daisy she had picked earlier into the water, rippling away her image.

"Lady Kagome! Your Father wants an audience with you!" Her maid servant/ best friend Sango yelled.

Kagome sighed and slowly walked toward her friend.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Her father paced behind his cherry stained wood desk.

"Papa?" Kagome peeked into the cracked of the door, "You wanted to see me?"

"Oh, yes, come in, Angel!

Kagome sat like a lady in the velvet chair in front of the desk. Her father sat in front of her at the other side of the desk.

"I know this move is going to be rough on you, it is for all of us."

"But it took us almost a year to travel from Japan to here! At least we had land around us! I don't want to sail on a boat for 3 months straight!"

"I know, sweetheart, but I need you and your mother with me. I don't know how long I will be there and there's no way to guarantee my return."

Kagome looked down and flattened out her bunched up skirt.

"Hey," He father said, reaching acrossed the desk to hold his daughter's chin up, "Don't let this get you down! You are the strongest girl I've ever met! Even the Queen's female guards couldn't hold a candle to you!"

That got a small smile out of Kagome.

"But it's so sudden! Tomorrow---we leave tomorrow!"

"Don't worry so much dear! As least we can just put it behind us as fast as we can! Okay? We h---"

"---What's going on over there that's so important?"

Kagome's voice was so soft, it was just above a whisper.

"Well, sweetheart, that is my business to worry about, just go back with your mother and finish packing. We are leaving at the crack of dawn."

Kagome watched as her father continued to right with a quelled pen. She slowly walked out into the large, open hall. The silence except the echo of her footsteps seemed sort of eerie to her, then down the ways, she saw Sango.

"Good afternoon, Kagome-chan. You're late for tea"

Kagome smiled at her friend, who gave her a warm smile.

*~~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome stepped out of the carriage into the chilled air. She could see the sun's rays were yet barely to be seen. She looked up at the tall masts of the ship she was going to be on for 3-4 months. It seemed like forever to her. She listened as all the sailors were calling out to each other for the readying of the ship. She watched as all her belongings were being hauled up the ramp. Her mother came up behind her.

"Come one, dear. It's time for us to board." He mother said in a very gentle natured voice.

Kagome's chest was tight with anxiety. She slowly marched up the ramp onto the deck. There were about 12 sailors to their crew. She when to the bow of the ship and looked out acrossed the waters. Her heart started to race as she heard the anchors being raised. She grabbed onto the rail as the ship gave a sudden jolt when it began to move. It was a pretty strong breeze. Kagome ran toward the back of the ship, up the stairs on top the poop deck, that was the deck above the captain's quarters, and held on to the railing, watching as the ship completely left the dock. People were waving to them. She slowly waved back.

"Are you going to be okay, My Lady?" Sango asked. Kagome grabbed her shaw at the base of her neck and softly said,

"I hope"

She heard her father in the background speaking in English.

"Do have any ports on the way there to stop by?"

"No Sir I a non- stop chartered routed."

Kagome sighed and stood at the back of the ship until the land slowly disappeared.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome lean on the railing watching the water spray from the waves hitting the sides of the ship. She had been on this stupid ship for 3 and a half months. She was getting a bad case of cabin fever. The only thing she did was play hide and go seek with Sango and the cabin boy. A few sailors would try to flirt with her, but she really didn't pay attention.

"Why do you talk so funny?" One of them asked

"You are a sailor, right?" Kagome was speaking in her best English.

"Yes, for about 20 years now."

"Have you ever been to Japan, or East?"

"No, the furthest east I've gone is Jerusalem. You live farther east?"

"I'm from as east as you can get without out running out of land. It's called Japan."

Another sailor spoke up,

"I wondered why your eyes looked funny"

Kagome huffed and went to go find Sango.

"These sailors are awful!" She spoke to Sango in her native tongue.

"I can guess. I'm glad I don't understand as much as you, but My English is getting better. I think your English teacher said I have a speaking range of a 6 year old, which I guess isn't that bad."

Kagome sat in front of her so Sango could brush her hair.

"I just want to get off this ship! I asked the navigator and he said we still have 2 and a half weeks."

Sango shrugged, "Well, That's not too bad. After we hit the mainland, since we don't need them anymore, I'll help you kill all the sailors from this ship, okay?"

Kagome's nerves calmed as she laughed at Sango's suggestion.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

For the past 2 months it became a tradition that every night after dinner, the passengers would watch as the sailors would put on a little concert, singing sea shanties. Kagome actually would wait all day just to get to this part of the day. By now she knew all the sea shanties and the men would make up new ones. Sango and Kagome would dance with each other around the deck. Even the captain would cut in for a dance with either Sango or Kagome. Though Sango was in a low station, they all seemed to forget by the way her and Kagome would always be stuck like glue to each other. This night was to change everything though.

"Sango! Come dance!" Kagome would grab her as they danced and sang loudly to whatever shantie the sailors were playing.

"Captain!" A young sailor called down from a crow's nest.

"Yes, what is it?" The captain looked up to the young man that pointed.

Kagome and Sango paused and watched the current events unfolding.

The captain looked afraid as he looked through this periscope. Then a sound of a cannon sounded.

"Pirates! Men get stationed and armed!" Kagome and Sango stood still watching as everyone scattered. Before they knew it, another ship was beside them. Kagome hugged Sango. She was scared as the ship stopped by them. They heard a loud, scruffy voice yell,

"Ahhh, Captain Stewert! We meet again!"

"Oh, no! Girls go hide!"

Kagome looked over at the ship and tried to spot the source of the voice. But no one was there.

"Who is it, Captain?" Kagome asked with a slight panic in her voice.

A sailor by the name of Pete answered,

"The worst natured pirate you'd come acrossed. He's the most ruthless of all the seven seas! He's called The Silver Hanyou. He has no mercy on anyone… not even women nor children. He's a ruthless monster that belongs in hell. Legand has it he's died so many times… but he always comes back… Not even hell will accept him…Beware of Hanyou, lass."

"Hanyou? That means he's half youkai!" Sango shrieked.

"Girls! Hide n---"The captain tried to finish until he was shot.

Kagome and Sango screamed. They looked behind them to see the ship was under attack. They had Kagome's mother held at bay. Kagome's fear melted. She grabbed the periscope that lay near the captain.

"Kagome-chan! What are you doing?!" Sango yelled.

Kagome dodged all the attackers that tried to capture her. This caught the eye of a certain Pirate captain that stood on a sail. Kagome rushed to her mother, kicking and hitting her attackers. One came at her with a knife. She hit him hard over the head with the periscope.

"Mama!" go, now! I've got them!"

"Kago---"

"Now Mother!" she yelled over the screams, yells, cannon and gun fire.

Kagome's mother had no choice but to abide by her daughter's command.

~*~ Down below~*~

"I swear! We don't have anything worth stealing! I swear!" A frightened young sailor pleaded with the silver haired pirate ripping apart crates and boxes with his claws. He got sick of the sailor's pleas. The pirate looked at him and snarled.

"You know you really talk too much!" He said as he lunged at the frightened young man, but before he could land properly on him---

"Stop that right now!" She screamed in anger.

He recognized her as the one from earlier that fought the others for the protection of her mother. A devious, evil smile developed on his lips. Kagome's froze as her heart was pounding. It was to dark to see the person properly, but she saw the look on his face. He growled ad came after her. She turned and ran up the stairs. She ran as fast as she could, hoping no one was in the captain's quarters. Right when she reached it, he grabbed her by her dress and threw against the door. She looked up at him. He had long silver hair down to his rump, a large, black pirate's hat complete with a red pheasant feather, a black captain's jacket with tails, big poofy red pants and leather boots. The thing that got her was his amber eyes, which had a reflection of the fire the was burning on the ship. She stared in awe. She didn't know whether to be scared or flustered He still had the devious smile on his face, but now it bared his teeth with sharp fangs. Kagome tightly backed up against the wall. He knelt down in front of her. She wouldn't look at him. He grabbed her chin, she slapped him. A look of pure horror came when she realized what she did. He didn't look happy with her one bit. He stood up and frowned. He looked at a few of his men and pointed at her.

"Oh, no! Please don't kill me! It was an accident! Honest!"

He was walking away, but he froze when he heard her speak. It was in English, but it had something familiar about it. He pointed his men to her again. They grabbed her. She was kicking and screaming. It took two men to hold her down.

"So, Mr. Higurashi- that is who you are, right?"

The Silver hair man walked up to Kagome's father, who was battered up pretty good.

"I am Mr. Higurashi---"

"I didn't say you could speak, did I?!" He snapped He calmed down again.

"I know what you are going to The Caribbean Islands for, Mr. Higurashi. I know the discussions at hand."

"So?"

"So you better change your views very quickly!"

"Why should I?"

The silver-haired pirate smiled and pointed,

"Isn't that your daughter? Mr. Higurashi?"

Kagome's father looked in horror as he saw his daughter being held by two larger men.

"Kagome! No!" He yelled.

"Papa!" She cried.

"Let her go, please let her go! I'll do it! I'll change my views! Just please let her go!"

He pirate rubbed his chin in thought.

"Actually, Mr. Higurashi, I will hold her as collateral. If you do as you say, I will send her back with no harm done. But if you mess up--- She dies! You got me?"

"You Monster!" He yelled

The pirate growled at him. He then put his finger into his mouth and whistled. All the men stopped what they were doing, got what they could and headed back to the other ship.

"Remember our deal!"

The pirate jumped really high up onto the mast. He looked down. He immediately saw on pirate he was missing.

"That damn lecher!"

*~**~ Captain's Quarters*~*~*~*~*

"Oh, common! It won't take that long!" a pirate with black hair in a little pony tail in a purple bandana, blue shirt, black vest and two earrings in his left hair tried to coax Sango. He had been chasing Sango ever since the first second he laid his eyes on her. Sango threw stuff at him.

"Get away from me you pervert!"

"All I ask is that you bare an heir for me!"

Sango shrieked with anger and threw the heaviest thing she could find at him. Before it could hit him, another person caught it.

"Miroku! We are leaving! Now!"

"Aww, but Captain! ---"

"Go!"

"Can I take her?"

"Go ahead! I don't care! But she's your responsibility!"

With that, Miroku pounced on Sango. Sango kicked and screamed.

"Sorry I'm going to have to do this, dear." He said as he knocked her out and threw her over his shoulder for a quick retreat.

Kagome freed herself from her captors just to run into another. The silver- haired Pirate. She froze, he smiled and grabbed a pressure point on her neck, making her pass out.

He threw her over his shoulder and took a huge leap from that ship's deck to his ship. As they untied the ships, Kagome's parents were crying and wailing.

The Pirate Captain devilishly smiled and yelled,

"You keep the deal, you'll see her again!"

Kagome woke up for a split second and looked at her capture.

"The Silver Hanyou---"

He smiled at her. She passed out again.