InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou (old version) ❯ The Voodoo Lady, Kaede ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: The Voodoo Lady:

The girls lead the way as the men walked behind. The men that were left from the crew were panting and tired. They had walked the coastline all day. They were all hungry, thirsty and tired. The girls keep their heads high and showed strength no matter how hungry they were. The sun was about to set soon. The navigator said that after the sun sets, he could probably be able to tell about where they were. The twilight was beginning to make things hard to see. Kagome cursed when she tripped over a stick. She sat on her butt for a second to collect herself. To her surprise, the captain helped her up.

"Thank you, Sir" She said as she dusted the sand off.

He was stunned as she continued her trek, almost not realizing she just called him "Sir"

Sango began to stumble. Miroku caught her.

"Thank y---"

She paused as he was rubbing her butt. She slapped him ready hard.

"Stupid Lecher! Who do you think you are?"

He just continued to walk, dumbfounded and holding his cheek.

When the sun finally disappeared, the girls decided to stay back with the men, though Kagome didn't know which was safer, risking to get attacked by a Jaguar, or stay by the Captain. He had been really quiet all day, which was hard for Kagome to imagine. She walked right beside him, which made him nervous.

"Why are you doing that?" He asked, still looking ahead.

She looked at him with a slight look of surprise. With his head still looking ahead, he looked at her. She didn't know how to answer except.

"I thought I was your prisoner." She calmly said.

He was surprised by her docile behavior. Maybe that whole week of treating her like a slave paid off. But he answered with an annoyed voice,

"Then that means you walk BEHIND me. Didn't they teach you in etiquette? You are supposed to stand behind the man if you choose to be accompanied with."

Kagome realized he was right, so she tried to go and join Sango, but the caption pulled her behind him.

"You will stay there behind me. Don't even think about stepping out of your bounds." He growled.

So much for him staying quiet. She crossed her arms and silently walked as she was told, not wanting him to forfeit her and Sango from the group. She started to rub her arms from the chill that came upon her. Miroku gave his coat to Sango. Kagome shivered and just walked ahead. Knowing the captain wouldn't do anything about her, Shippou jumped into her arms so they both could stay warm from each other's body heat and the captain didn't care.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*

"I see a light!" One of the pirates yelled.

They all stared into the forest. Sure enough, there was the soft orange glow of a fire reflecting of the trees. The caption took out a rusty old sword out of the sheath.

"Tetsuaiga!" He yelled.

It transformed into a giant blade that looked like a fang, it had off-white fur were the blade meets the handle. Kagome stared at the sword. She thought it was silver, but from the way it was lit in the moonlight, it looked white. The captain bounded off into the woods. Kagome ran after him despite her friend calling her name. They came to a clearing to see the captain holding a sword up to an old woman's throat. She looked in horror.

"Captain!?"

"Shut-up, Wen---"

"Sit down by the fire, child. You look like you are freezing half to death" She calmly said, almost oblivious to the Captain trying to threaten her.

Kagome eyed the captain as she sat down by the warm fire. But then the captain yelled,

"You listen to me, wench! Not anyo---what the hell?"

The lady touched him and he couldn't move. Before he could speak, the old women threw something at him to keep him quite. The only movement he was capable of what his eyes, eye brows and ears, which were hidden by the hat.

"Sit quietly by that young woman," the women told the Captain.

His body obeyed as the women ordered. Kagome looked around at all the hanging herbs, feathers, animals and animal skulls. Then the rest of the crew stumbled in. Miroku smiled and said,

"We come in peace, we got shi---"

"Shipwrecked. I know--- Miroku." She said as she eyed him with her one good eye. She then smiled and said, "Come on, gentlemen, I'm harmless."

Sango sat by Kagome. Miroku sat by Sango. Sango was getting used to Miroku's presence, but not very fond of him grabbing her behind or breast. Kagome kept her eyes on the fire with her hands out to get rid of the chill. She looked at the captain who was looking at her with his eyebrows angry.

"What did I do? I'm sick of being in trouble for things I didn't do." She said frustrated as she continued to look at the fire.

Sango took a look around. Miroku than asked,

"I couldn't help but to notice your hut and the spell you set on or captain. What a--"

"I'm just a harmless Voodoo Lady. My name is Kaede."

Kagome felt butterflies in her stomach. She scooted closer to Sango. The women looked at the captain,

"I will take that spell off you if you promise to act like a gentleman, especially to that young woman beside you. I have read that her should is golden and kind, but stubborn--- which I don't know how you manage that, my dear!"

Kagome smiled warmly at Kaede.

"Now young man **wave of her hand** you are off the curse, but don't even threaten that young lady near you!"

The captain growled and tried to get up, but couldn't. He opened his mouth to yell, but the old woman eyed him He sat down and glared at Kagome. This used to be fun to tease and disobey the Captain, but Kagome finally learn to take him seriously. She wouldn't look at him, but he stared at her with his anger almost as hot as the fire. Kagome looked at him, into his eyes. They looked like the night he kidnapped her, but this time full of anger and frustration. Her eyes got wide with fear as she quickly looked into the fire.

"Kagome, you feel uneasy, child?" The old woman, Kaede asked.

"Ano, no, I'm okay." She lied.

She tried to scoot closer to Sango, but the captain growled. With that, she just got up and tried to leave but the old women said,

"Oh, no dear. There are wild animals that will harm you."

Kagome turned around and pointed at the captain.

"None of them can't be as awful as him! I'm going to take a walk and no one follow me!"

She turned around left. The Captain yelled,

"Keh! Go1 If you get attacked, I'll feel more sorry for the animal then you!"

Sango finally spoke up after all this time,

"Captian, Sir--- Why are you such an ass to Kagome? She is going throu--- "

"Did I say you can speak?"

Kaede waved her hand. The Capitan was frozen. She kneeled in front of him and stared into his mind. She read his deepest thoughts.

"Oh, my?!" She said.

"What is it?" One of the crew asked.

"For the sake of his privacy I won't share all, but---"

Little did they know, Kagome stood behind a tree and listened. Kaede continued,

"Young man, you have quite the past. You have endless bitterness and hate, but--- I see a love that is there--- I can't make out if it's past or recent, but there is someone you cared for very much."

"Who?" Sango asked.

Since the Captain couldn't look over there, Miroku answered in Sango's ear.

"Several years ago he was in love with a woman. He planned to marry her, but she got killed only a day before their wedding."

Kagome also heard this. Her eyes got very wide. She couldn't imagine the Captain was capable with love. Then the Old women leaned back,

"What is this?" She uncovered his ears.

They tweaked as he listened to Miroku and Sango. Even worse was he could hear and smell Kagome. The old lady exclaimed.

"I won't get into details for his sake, but you see this sword right by him? Make sure he is never without it!"

"Why?" Miroku asked.

"I'm sure some of you know, but don't share it with these young ladies."

Kagome squeaked, "Is he worse than I thought?"

"Kagome?! Come on back. Sit by the Captain, it's safe." Kaede yelled.

They saw a bush shake and heard a, "M-mmmph (no)"

"Com'on Kagome-chan!" Sango yelled back.

Kagome finally revealed herself and slowly sat by the captain. She refused to look at him.

"Can I offer you all some food? You can also sleep in my hut for the night. Tomorrow you can go to town." Kaede said with a warm smile.

"You better do it, Old hag as you will feel sorry!"

Kaede sighed and ignored him. His freezing spell still in affect.

"Let me go get some food!" She said as she got up.

*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~* ~*~*~*~*~* They all got into their places of slumber. All were going to sleep in the hut except the Captain, who slept in a tree. Before going to bed, Kagome looked up from under the tree the Captain was sleeping.

"Captain?" She called up.

"I don't want you to talk to me" Was all she got.

She turned around and started to walk away when she froze and took one more glance up the tree.

"Good Night, Captain."

"Just go to bed Wench!" He barked. She sighed and went inside to sleep.

The Captain sighed and whispered,

"Goodnight, Kagome."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Kagome found it hard to sleep with 6 snoring pirates and the hot humidity. It woke her up. Suddenly a hand covered her mouth.

"Shut up wench! Go back to sleep!"

The Captain whispered forcefully.

`Has he watched me sleep all night?' She wondered.

She tried to roll over, but the Captain grabbed her and growled.

"You lay on your back"

He quietly barked. He was a little alarmed by this, but she pretended to be sleepy and fell into a fake sleep. She tried to relax as he began to lightly touch her cheek, lightly brushing his claw acrossed it as well.

`She doesn't really look like Kikyou, but what is it about her that has brought her back to my memory." He thought to himself.

Finally he could tell when Kagome was in reality asleep.

"Inuyasha," he heard Kaede whisper from outside.

He quietly "stomped" out to by the fire by where Kaede sat.

"What do you want, old witch."

"Why do you still mourn?" She asked while throwing another log into the fire.

Inuyasha growled at her.

"Calm yourself Hanyou, Kikyou wants you to love again."

"How do you know what Kikyou wants?"

Kaede looked at him with her wise old eyes,

"When I was in your mind. I found her. She is unhappy from what you've become."

"Shut up! You are mucking around with me! Stop it!" He growled as he slashed a tree with his claw.

Kaede caught it with her mind before it would crash and wake somebody.

"Inuyasha---"

"Stop saying my name! Stop it! I am the Silver Hanyou! That's who I've become and that's what I am!"

"Kikyou doesn't agree,"

He growled and drew Tetsuaiga, pointing the tip to her throat.

"Stop trying to tell me these things!"

Kaede showed no signs of fear.

"Your heart is like stone. You have to love again as you will truly loose who you are!"

"Shut up! Just shut-up!" He made a choking sound that sounded like he was holding back tears.

"You know I'm speaking the truth."

She said as she threw another log into the fire. Inuyasha growled, seathed his sword and bounded to the beach. He stood listening to the ocean and looking at the moon and stars.

`I couldn't sleep so I came out here to look at the stars. I used to do this on the other ship. It always brought some kind of peace' He thought Kagome's words in his head.

He tried to hate her, he really did, but somehow something kept his being from refusing her. This made him even madder at her. There was something spell bounding about her. He also loved her smell. He started getting mad at himself about the blush and tingles he got from thinking about her. He will never give in. He was mad at her. He finally bounded back to the tree he was sleeping in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~ *~*~**~*

Kagome and everyone found that everything was gone. The hut and the old lady, but she left a note.

"Head dead north and you will find a port village."

Kagome stretch an with a smile said,

"Well, let's go!"

Then one of the pirates asked,

"What about breakfast?"

But they looked on a rock were 16 fish were string together.

"What a nice old Lady!" Sango squealed.

The Captain growled at her, in her face.

"That old bat?! I caught those to feed your sorry asses! You and the wench are lucky I'm feeding you. You two are a heap of trouble!"

Sano said, "Oh, Thank You Captain Hanyou."

He cocked his head to the side,

"Well Well Well! Are you the polite one?!"

Sango felt a bit of alarm till he pointed to her and yelled to Kagome.

"Hey Wench! Be more like Miroku's wench."

Inuyasha gave a mischievous smile at Sango's look of surprise. Miroku winked at the captain.

"Well, hurry up you sea dogs! Eat and let's go!" He barked.

Kagome turned her back to him and smiled about the term `sea dogs' coming out of his mouth.

They ate till they were full and continued their quest.