InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou (old version) ❯ The Verdict. ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Remember, ReviewerRepliesare after the chapter.

Sorry guys, it was another busy weekend. My brother-in-law and his new wife stopped in town for a few days and then Yesterday (Monday) I had what's called an EEG test. I have the rarest type of Epilepsy and currently am only taking anti-convulsants- meaning if I have a seizure, It will stop before I start convulsing, but I won't go into it full (just had one 5 min ago… no biggie). An EEG test is where they put a whole bunch of electrical suction cups on my head and measure brain waves while I relax. They also test my brain waves while I'm hyperventilating and watching 12 different patterns of strobe lights. It was kinda scary! Because my body doesn't go into a seizure, it does the next worst thing… Panic Attack!!!!. I was having a panic attack and had to relax as much as humanly possible for 45 minutes! It sucked, but I survived. And I watched Inuyasha last night, too. Kouga's voice is going to get a little used to. Kagome's voice actress is getting a bit better I think. But it's evident that instead of "Dog terd/crap", Kouga's going to call him "Mutt face". That disappoints me somehow.

AND WASN'T THAT CAPTION HILARIOUS! Those black and white messages Adult Swim use. Before the show started, I don't remember it all but it said something along the lines of:

"15 year old Female seeks Half demon male with long white hair and cat ears (I got mad at that, but it was funny)….. **don't remember**… Enjoys long walks through Feudal Japan…"

Something like that, I'll have the right one for tomorrow.

Oh, anyone who's seen the clip on adultswim.com for Inuyasha. Didn't it annoy you how Kaede says, "Stupid is as stupid does" and what does, "He would cut his nose off to spite his face," mean? LOL

P.s.- I wrote down summaries of upcoming chapters and it looks like we have at the very least 10 chapters left **wipes sweat off brow**

On with the story-

Chapter 15- The Verdict.

The day had come far too quickly for Kagome and Inuyasha. Kagome wanted just to take one of the row boats to the shore, but Inuyasha wanted, still, to go inland with Kagome, frightened of no matter how many times she assured him that she would he him again that she wouldn't return.

"Inuyasha! Please don't come with me! Let Sango and I go and escape, please, I don't want to see you dead!"

Kagome pleaded in tears.

"Stop saying that! I won't leave you! I won't escape without you by my side!"

"You stubborn ass (donkey- not a bad term back then)! You are going to get yourself killed!"

"I don't care! Death is better then being without you!"

Kagome sobbed and sourly said,

"You selfish man! If you die, where does that leave me?"

Inuyasha couldn't argue with that, but he took her into his arms, one hand holding her head against his shoulder (ever notice how Kagome's not much shorter than Inuyasha? Kinda cool actually), her hair between his fingers, his other hand pressing her against him between her shoulder blades. She nuzzled into his neck.

"Inuyasha. Promise me you won't get yourself killed."

She squeaked. The tone of her voice sent a shock through him. He closed his eyes and whispered into her ear,

"You need not worry about me, my dear, I'll be okay."

Miroku also insisted on going with Sango as backup. Sango also pleaded for him to stay, but he too, had his mind made up. It was out of the girl's hands.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~* *~*~*~*~*~*~*

Naraku sat in his huge, jaguar-skinned chair with his elbow on one arm, his index finger resting on his top lip in thought. He thought about the meeting that would be held that evening. He was a hanyou. Absolutely no one knew it either. He actually was the one that thought of the bill. With all hanyous and youkai gone, he would be free to use his powers to perhaps conquer the world. It was perfect, and to make it even better he would have Kagome by his side. She had the powers of a powerful Miko inside of her to help him. He had no idea why she intrigued him so much. She was only 12 the first time they met. He was almost 22, but nothing stopped him to be attracted to her. She finally was old enough to marry. Hoards of other girls found him irresistibly attractive, but only Kagome could ever be his. He longed for her return. He had planned the wedding to be tomorrow. But then he thought of something else,

"That stupid hanyou brat!"

Sesshomaru had told him the truth about how Kagome clinged onto him, stood up for him, he even spotted them kiss once. Naraku clinched his fists. Kagome was his and his only. The "Silver Hanyou's" execution was set. He would be caught and killed. Naraku smiled at his plot. Kagome would be his for sure!

"Gov. Naraku, sir?"

A man in a red, velvet suite and his hair in a ponytail interrupted his thoughts.

"They are awaiting your presence."

Naraku nodded and waved the man away. He grinned at the upcoming plan.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome looked around the captain's quarters. She grabbed most of her stuff, but not all, sure of her return, plus it calmed down Inuyasha a bit. Inuyasha was dressed in his best (Imagine the outfit Captain Hook (Dustin Hoffman) wore on the movie "Hook" (with Robin Williams), only violet.). Kagome stepped hesitantly out of the quarters. The island was less than a mile away. Miroku stepped out in a velvet outfit almost like Inuyasha's, but nearly not as elaborate. She looked as the extremely dashing hanyou. She was very impressed and smiled,

"My! Captain, you look dashing!"

He bowed like a gentleman any said,

"As do you, M'lady, but you always do!"

Kagome blushed at the comment. Inuyasha took her by the hand and helped her into the row boat, then seated himself right by her. Kagome grabbed onto his arm and held on for dear life. Inuyasha looked down at her from the corner of his eyes. She looked scared to death. Inuyasha place his arm around her waist,

"Don't worry so much, my darling. Everything will be fine!"

Suddenly a lump grew into his throat. Miroku then said,

"The plans are to hear the hearing and then return the girls, right?"

Sango then laughed,

"And let's see how long they can keep us!"

They all smiled. Kagome planned to be with her family for a while and then tell them she wanted to stay with Inuyasha and `sorry, I made up my mind and I'm sorry there's nothing you can do about it!'

That too was Sango's plan. She felt a joy of adventure and excitement, she was almost on an adrenaline high.

The boat finally got lowered and the boys rowed toward shore.

~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~

"Aww, Sesshomaru-sama, are you sure I can't attend?" Rin silently asked as she held on to her husband.

"You still have to go buy a dress for the ball, my love. It is tonight."

Sesshomaru smiled at Rin. The ABSOLUTE ONLY time he changed his voice and smile warmly or showed his emotions besides coldness, pride, and malice was when he talked to his young, beautiful wife. She was cute and innocent and extremely beautiful in her husband's eyes. He kissed her and helped her back into the carriage. She waved at him like a child out of the window. He smiled and then turned to enter into the Parliament. Naraku spotted him at the door and walked up to him.

"Have you smelt him yet?" Naraku whispered in a low, billowing voice.

Sesshomaru shook his head slowly and said,

"He will arrive. But my brother is very sneaky, we have to be on a complete look out."

Naraku then asked,

"Make sure if Kagome is with him when he is caught, that NOTHING happens to her! Not a single strand of hair can fall out, you understand?"

"Naraku-sama, you know I don't take orders. I do what I think is best, but I will make sure Kagome-sama is not harmed."

"She better not,"

Naraku sneered but continued,

"We should be seated for the briefing, today's plans will change everything, but let me talk to Higurashi-sama."

He said with a very menacing smile on his face. He left Sesshomaru to join Mr. Higurashi.

"Higurashi-sama!"

Higurashi bowed,

"Good evening, Gov Naraku."

Naraku then asked,

"May I take you aside, please? I need to talk to you."

" Yes, of course. What is on your mind, sir? Is it about Kagome?"

Naraku then lowered his voice.

"Kagome has been with this Silver Hanyou character for over a month. It's possible that he has brainwashed her into loyalty for him. Beware, she might tell you she wants to stay with him."

Higurashi looked at him shocked,

"Oh, Naraku-sama, I think you are underestimating my daughter. She's her own person, she doesn't take orders too lightly unless it's from a respected official, besides, if Sesshomaru-sama was truthful about the conditions he saw, she'd come back with no hesitation."

Naraku wasn't about to give up,

"Yes, but women fall all over the Silver Hanyou. His looks intrance women. Even strong women. I want to have faith in my future wife, but I have a feeling our sweet, stubborn Kagome will be changed, that's why I think you should change your vote."

Higurashi looked at him in shock,

"But if I do that, he'll kill her for sure! I won't risk Kagome's life."

"He won't kill her."

"What? How would you know?"

"Sesshomaru is his half brother. I was told he wouldn't kill her. No matter what, she will be returned safely"

He stood in shock for a second. But then Naraku slyly said,

"You don't want anymore hanyous and youkai using their demonic powers to kidnap other women and take over, do you? Besides, they are creatures straight out of hell! They were cast from God's presence. Hey are evil with evil intentions. Sesshomaru-sama is the only one by our side. If we didn't tolerate witches, why do we tolerate these demons? You are a man of God, are you not?"

Higurashi's face changed,

"I'll think about it,"

Was all he said before he slowly walked away. Naraku looked at his back with a very devilish smile.

*~*~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* *~*~*~*~*~*~~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku and Sango landed on shore at a small, desolate cove about 4 miles away from town.

"The meeting should start anytime now. Let's go."

Miroku said. Both Kagome and Sango started to look pale. They hopped onto Inuyasha's back and bounded to the small port town. Kagome held onto Inuyasha tightly. He could feel her heartbeat rose inconsiderably. After only 10 minutes, they were there, right outside in the jungle. Inuyasha sniffed into the air. Kagome looked at him with a confused look.

"Ah, Captain? What are you doing?"

He continued to smell into the air.

"I'm locating your father and Sesshomaru… They are due east."

Kagome looked away and looked confused,

`He really is like a dog' she thought.

Inuyasha grabbed her hand and placed a few Reales (Spanish silver coins) in it saying.

"Go to the general's store and buy some twine and garlic."

Kagome looked at him like he was crazy.

"Kagome, please do it and don't get caught. Bring Sango with you."

With a kiss, the girls did as he asked and returned. Inuyasha strung a few Garlic cloves on a string and put it around his neck, Miroku also did this.

"Uh, Ano… What are you doing?"

Inuyasha simply explained while tucking his new necklace under his shirt,

"Sesshomaru is present and he is youkai. Garlic neutralizes our smell so he won't sense us."

Kagome and Sango looked silently at them before beginning to chuckle a bit. Inuyasha looked at them then to Miroku. All Miroku did was shrug, but it was time to head over to the hearing.

And yet again, Miroku, Sango and Kagome were carried by Inuyasha, who stealthfully hopped from trees and roofs to the parliament. They settled on the roof.

" How are we going to watch this without being ca…ahh!"

Kagome tried to ask, but Inuyasha carefully climbed through the attic window then tip-toed threw the attic, bouncing from the stairs to the rafter beams above the conference room, which was too loud with chatter that they didn't hear the spies in the rafters. Inuyasha settled in a dark space. Everyone, but Kagome, got off of his back and settled themselves. Kagome was scared of heights and they were about 30 feet from the ground. Inuyasha sensed this and carefully pulled her off of him and into his arms, holding her tightly. He smiled as he felt her heart and breathing begin to relax, but not completely. Then she saw him and whispered,

"Papa…"

Inuyasha perked his ears. Then he felt her begin to shiver and do a growling sound.

"What is it?" Inuyasha asked.

"That man in the black velvet suite with the long, wavy ebony hair… That's Naraku."

Kagome then heard a growl rise in Inuyasha's throat and then she felt his grip get firmer. It made her happy that he was so protective.

Then the commotion quieted as the judge wearing a large, long curly, white-haired wig pounded on his gavel and yelled,

"Order! Please everyone be seated. This trial is about to begin."

"Trial?" Everyone in the rafters questioned quietly.

"Gentlemen, here begins the trial discussing the affairs of Negroes, Indians, Youkai and Hanyous."

They watched as different people stood too represent their designated areas. It seemed Mr. Higurashi was not a prejudice man, in favor of the rights of Negroes and Indians, but of course they still got voted off as nothing more then disposable slaves and savages. This made the rafter audience angry, but now the discussion that they waited for. Knots developed in their stomachs. The judge then said,

"Representative of the affairs of Youkai and Hanyous is Gov. Naraku."

Kagome was in shock and held onto Inuyasha tighter, growling. For some reason, Inuyasha loved to hear her growl. Then Naraku rose and started,

"Thank you, your honor. Now, Gentlemen, I don't think there is much of a discussion with this. Youkai are demons. It says in the Bible that the Devil and demons were cast from heaven, correct?"

Everyone agreed, even Mr. Higurashi. Kagome growled louder,

"He twisted it around! That scum! You can't use the wrong terms then twist around the Word of God!"

Naraku continued,

"Youkai and hanyous are tossed from God's sight. They are devils with magical and mysterious power. Some mate with humans, mostly against their will…"

Inuyasha growled this time,

"That's not true! How…"

"And some love to eat humans. Just 2 hundred years ago in England, witches and masters of magic were put to death. Anything unnatural is a sin and perversion of God. Youkai are powerful and can turn into human form."

Everyone looked at Sesshomaru. He felt uneasy.

"And hanyous, they can be worse! Half human, half demon! They are weaker then Youkai, but they are stronger and more powerful then humans. Higurashi-sama, unfortunately saw this first hand when the Silver Hanyou took his daughter. He said that the Hanyou bounded as high as almost the height of the mast and threw men around like they weighed nothing more then paper. They also are creatures with no heart. Accounts of witnesses say that Kagome -Sama is under heavy labor and abuse. Who says this hasn't happened before…"

Kagome couldn't take it anymore. She turned to Inuyasha and held him tightly, trying to block Naraku's deception from her mind. She knew the vote wouldn't go well, but then the time came. The judge then said,

"If you are in favor of Youkai and Hanyou Extermination, you say "aye" when in it your time."

One at a time, the voting gentlemen said "aye" or "Nay". So far, all were "Ayes". Then it came to Mr. Higurashi. He was silent. After a moment, the judge said,

"Lord Higurashi… Aye or Nay."

Kagome stared at her father. He answered,

"Aye"

Kagome's breathe stopped. She sat in shock. Her father. Her own father went against his promise. Not only that, but if the Captain were his old self, she would have been killed. Kagome closed her eyes tightly. Sango came to her side then held her as she started to cry. Inuyasha almost felt good, now she could stay, but, that would be unfair to Kagome. She at least should see her family first. He placed his arm around Kagome. She kept whispering,

"Papa, how could you!? Papa…"

Inuyasha asked Sango with his eyes to take Kagome. Sango smiled and nodded, letting him take Kagome from her arms.

"Kagome, it's time to see your family."

She nodded, her tears drenching his shirt.

*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha floated to the ground, letting Kagome off of his back.

"I'll meet you at the cove that we landed on at midnight"

He whispered,

"But, that means going through the jungle a…"

"Don't worry, you will be watched."

He smiled.

Inuyasha drew her in for a long passionate kiss. Sango and Miroku looked at eachother and followed their example.

Kagome tried to keep the kiss going a bit longer, but Inuyasha slowly broke away.

"Be safe, please." She said,

Inuyasha winked and Miroku climbed on his back. Then they disappeared into the jungle. Sango and Kagome gave eachother sad looks and head to where everybody was.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mrs. Higurashi was upset at her husband's choice and stood on the sidelines were everybody met outside of the Parliament. Naraku took him aside and said,

Higurashi-sama, don't worry, we will see her again, but you did make the right decision, I…"

"Kagome!" They heard her mother yell.

He looked and sure enough his daughter and Sango stood acrossed the way. She stood up straight, strong and pride in an elegant dress. She was giving a glare to her father and Naraku. Mr. Higurashi whispered,

"Kagome! I…"

"Papa! How could you! How could you! "

Mrs. Higurashi ran to her, Souta not far behind. Kagome saw them and tears began to form. Finally as she hugged her mother and brother, she did start to cry. They also welcomed Sango into the hug. Everybody surrounded them. Then a man asked,

"How did you escape?"

Kagome smiled,

"He let me go, I've been free for awhile, but stayed with him until the meeting."

Everyone gasped.

Another man chuckled,

"Probably to save his own skin, sorry bastard."

Everyone laughed. Right before Kagome could stand up for him, someone grabbed her hand,

"M'lady! You've finally returned!"

Naraku took her hand and kissed it. She shivered in disgust, but he took it differently.

"I see you are happy to be back, too." He cooed.

Kagome kept her cool. It was against her etiquette to be disrespectful to men, even if the one before her was the lowest creature on the planet. She forced a smile and said through her teeth,

"Yes I am glad to see my family."

Naraku smiled at her, not letting go of her hand. Sango came to the rescue. She ran over and said,

"Kagome-sama, you are needed over…"

"She will leave when I allow her to, servant!"

Kagome almost lost it. `allow her?' She said firmly said,

"Excuse me, Naraku- Sama, but I am not your property and I'd appreciate it if you do not talk to my attendant in such a manner!"

Naraku smiled and said,

"I humbly apologize, M'lady." He said as he bowed and let Sango take her away. After leaving his sight. They hugged,

"Thank you Sango-chan!"

Kagome said, exasperated.

The older girl said,

"Tis' my duty, M'lady!"

Kagome shivered,

"What an evil, disgusting man!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome sat at the table of her family's new home drinking tea with her family. Souta was filled with questions about pirates and killing and stuff. His mother got angry a few times. But then Kagome broke her silence."

"Everybody, Sango and I have something to tell you."

Mr. Higurashi felt sad. He knew what she was going to say. Her mother said smiling,

"Speak up dear, what is it?"

Kagome took a deep breath and said,

"We are going back. Sango and I, we are doing back."

Mrs. Higurashi dropped her cup, it didn't break though. She said in shock,

"You want to go back? Why?"

"Because we…Um… Sango fell in love with one of the pirates and they want to get married and…"

Mr. Higurashi looked at Sango,

"Is this true?"

Sango felt nervous,

"Yes, sir… But he's human."

They looked at eachother. Kagome's mother said,

"That is Kagome's decision, Sango."

"She says I can do it."

Sango said, smiling at Kagome. Kagome smiled back.

Mr. Higurashi then said,

"That is fine, and I wish you a long and happy life, but Kagome, you are staying. Why would you want to go back?"

She bit her lip,

"Because… I've also found someone."

Everybody gasped. Her father then said,

"Don't tell me you fell under that hanyou's spell!"

"Spell?!"

"Yes, Naraku-sama told us that Sesshomaru-sama said the Silver Hanyou intrances women."

"Naraku? You are going to listen to Naraku and Sessh… Sesshomaru hates his brother! I saw them fight!"

Kagome's mother then asked,

"But didn't he abuse you? Didn't he make you his slave?"

"Yes, at first, but then… I don't know… He really really cares about me now… He'd risk his life for me and… I'm staying with him!"

Her parent went pale. Her mother shook her head with a worried lookMr. Higurashi then said,

"Naraku warned us this would happen. You are not going back to him! You are going to get ready for the ball tonight too meet your future husband!"

Kagome went pale.

"Future husband?!"

"Yes, tonight we are announcing your engagement and you are getting married tomorrow!"

Kagome shrieked,

"Tomorrow! Papa! No!"

"Kagome, this is for your own good. You are not the same Kagome. You are a brainwashed doll that's loyal to a monster with a death sentence. He is now an outlaw just for living! He's going to die soon anyway."

She whispered,

"No!"

Then she got up and yelled,

"I'm not getting married tomorrow and I will see the Captain again!"

She said as she stormed off.

They all sat in silence before Mr. Higurashi said,

"Tell me the truth, is this Captain good to Kagome or is she brainwashed?"

"No, Sir, He treats her like a princess. He even bought her very nice dresses and…"

"Sango."

"Yes, sir."

"You are no longer in service to us, go and join with your `love'."

He said very dryly. Sango had never heard him speak in such a tone, but she bowed and left.

Mrs. Higurashi then said,

"What happened on that ship?"

Mr. Higurashi got up and left table.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````````````````````

AN: I know, but the next few Chapters might be short, sorry, but I saw the second Inuyasha movie. IT IS HILARIOUS! I loved it! Though in the middle it's kind of boring and is only half as long as the first movie, but the characters, though looking different, look better then in the first movie, but

REVIEWER TIME!!!!!!!

Fire Witch1-I'm so glad you like my story!

melody27- Ohh Wow! thank you thank you thank you!

AngelicFairy- Hehehehehe. I don't answer questions about future events... I know, I'm evil. I hope your answer was cleared up in this chapter

Prancer- awwwwwwwww Wow! **feels all warm and fuzzy**

lindy*girl- But hey, being at the edge of your seat is a good thigh workout! LOL

priscilla- Thank you for reading it!!!!!! And yah! See you around on Yahoo!

Lilly117- I write as fast as I can! I promise!

Cinnamon Pixi Stix- I'm very very happy you like it so much! Thank you!

Caitlin6767- I don't know if you spelt it write or not, but Thanx!

AnimeObsessionFantasy fan girl Friday's page is www.fangirlfriday.org

Suki1- Thanx!

drow goddess- Thanks and I hope this chapter cleared your question

DragonFang- Really? The coolest ever? Then you haven't read any from Rosefire! Check her's out! You can find her on my fav authours list.

kagomehigurashi12 - Thank you thank you!

Yasha- hehehehe! I really don't mean to have cliffhanger is some places, but you just have to keep reading! I update a lot!

S'Star_YIKES! Yeesh! OKAY! and uhh... you're welcome...

Jesse the Wolf- Thank you for forgiving me and there are a few story Ideas I have that he's not a sick bastard, but forever there will be the Kouga wants Kagome, but Inuyasha wants Kagome... so they fight thing. LOL

Liliana Moon- Thanks!

LapisLazuliKnight88- Thank you and yah, I like fluff!

Babsie- Don't worry, that bridge is coming soon! ;)

Inutori- Yah! Thanks!

Lil'Lyn713- I Still have yet to see that movie and I got this idea from ...**gulp** Listening to "The Muppet Treasure Island" Soundtrack... Thanks!

chickt56- It is sad, but hey, more drama, more romance, lol

Dark Chobit- Hehehe! Thanks and yah, I watched it last night!

silentslayer- Thanks! I'm so glad!

HakUyOUkaI- Wow! So many compliments! You like my website! Thanks! You said I have good taste in music, what do you like? And thanks for everything!

RavenShadow- hehehehe, and yah, it's kinda evil, huh?

Andray-I know, Fluff helps the world go 'round

Josie- Thank you!

Elven Mischief-Yah, relatives are a joy, huh? hehehe!

Caitlin6767-Sorry about the "girlie girl". I didn't know, but yah, I just got over a virus that opened ALL my ports! I had to wipe out my hard drive!

kimberlee- Thanks, I try to have God in my stories as much as I can. Before I was married, I was extremely involved in Church, but after my husband got into the military, it seemed his Spiritual Morals are slipping and he doesn't want to go to church, and I can't drive, but anyway, yah, I'm brave! :)