InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou (old version) ❯ Too Late for Love ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Okay, My husband just informed me of another Shop Picnic. Geesh! I guess the Communication guys are getting bored. But I love all of Cliff's workmates and his commanding officers are extremely sweet! Ahhh, The life of an Air Force Wife!

On with the story… **swoons over Kappei Yamaguchi's singing voice** I'm still listening to it (Predilection)!

Chapter 17: Too Late for Love-

Kagome woke up with a big headache. She covered her eyes, hiding them from the sunlight pouring into the window. Sunlight?

"Oh no! Inuyasha!"

She got up and ran toward the door, but she was caught by her father.

"Papa! Please! Please let me go!"

"You can't see him. You won't ever see him again, even if you searched for him."

Kagome stopped struggling.

"What do you mean Papa?" She said as her voice began to tremble. Mr. Higurashi looked down and hesitated a bit.

"They caught him last night. He is scheduled to be executed at sunset."

Kagome's voice barely escaped her mouth.

"What?"

Mr. Higurashi hated to see his daughter in pain, but he thought it was for the best.

"Also your wedding is at sunset."

Kagome fell to her knees.

"No…"

She sobbed.

"No… Inuyasha can't die…"

Then she yelled,

"And I'm not marrying Naraku! I hate him!"

"Kagome! You know better then too use that word!"

"But he's an ugly hearted, perverted man! I refuse to marry him!"

"Kagome! Listen to you! You have never defied me in your whole life! That… That…Creature! He did this too you!"

"Papa!"

"You will marry Naraku and that monster from the devil will be in hell tonight!"

Suddenly he knew he had gone too far. The anger and hurt in Kagome's eyes sent a surge of guilt he had never felt before.

"Kagome… I'm s…"

She stood up. She looked to the ground, biting her lip. She was holding back her tears as best as she could, but then she said in an outburst,

"Papa, you talk about what happened to me, but what happened to you? What happened to the compassionate man of God I used to know? Inuyasha isn't a Nephalem, Papa. Tell me this. If Youkai are Biblical demons and hanyous existed, then wouldn't that make God out to be a liar? He said they were wiped out in the Great Flood. Are you calling God a liar, Papa?"

He was speechless. But Kagome continued,

"I refuse to be Naraku's bride. He is not a man of God."

"And that hanyou is?"

Kagome thought a moment.

"Well, he's coming around."

"Kagome, Naraku is a good man! I don't know where you got this image of him from. I see nothing wrong with him!"

Kagome got fed up.

"I'm sorry father, I must go out for a while! I need out!"

She brushed right past him and went out the door, still in her lavender ballroom gown.

"I have to do something. Excuse Me!"

Kagome's father didn't stop her. He felt extremely bad about how he phrased his words, but Kagome was right. God wasn't a liar, but if Youkai weren't angels of Satan… Then what were they? His daughter was so smart and head strong. He smiled to himself,

"That girl is stubborn as a mule and has the back kick to prove it." He said too himself.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sango woke up and smiled.

"I must talk to Kagome… If she's awake."

She ran up on deck, expecting to be at sea, but they were still anchored out a ways from the island. Miroku sat on the railing, hanging his hand on some rope.

"Miroku? Where's Kagome and Inuyasha?"

Miroku closed his eyes and sighed,

"Inuyasha got captured last night. I don't know where Kagome is."

Sango rushed up to him and grabbed his collar,

"What? Well, are we going to save them?"

"There are not enough of us. We'd be arrested too, don't worry about Inuyasha. He's been tighter spots then this."

Sango grabbed his arm and leaned her head on his shoulders.

"I hope you are right"

They both stared at the peaceful-looking island. Unaware of the chaos that was unfolding.

*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*****~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome entered the Jail. Two guards guarded the hallway that had the cells. They stood up.

"May we help you, Miss?"

He cleared her throat then said,

"Yes, I would like to visit one of the prisoners."

"Which one?"

"Ano, The one with the long silver hair."

She then got frustrated when one of them said,

"Oh, sorry M'lady, but you can't visit prisoners that are on Death Row."

"Why not?"

"It's the rules, Ma'am."

She thought about something else to say. She asked,

"Who makes the rules?"

"Gov Naraku, M' Lady."

She smiled but couldn't believe what she was about to do,

"Well then, it's okay then, because… Because I'm his fiancée!"

They stared at her with wide eyes and then stood up straight,

"Sorry Lady Higurashi! You may pass!"

She smiled at herself in satisfaction as she bowed and walked down the corridor. There were not many inmates, but she spotted her inmate. She ran up and grabbed the bars,

"Inuyasha!"

She cried with tears and an exasperated voice.

The hanyou was curled up in the corner. He didn't move.

"Inuyasha, get up! I need too talk to you!"

"Go away. I don't have any need for you anymore. Everything is over."

Kagome was confused,

"What? Don't talk like that! We'll get out of…"

All of a sudden in a burst of fiery, Inuyasha ran up to her face and grabbed the bars like an animal and growled. Kagome yipped, but didn't move.

"No! I mean I have no need of you any more, wench!"

Did she hear right? He just called her `wench'!

"Inuyasha…"

"Why are you here? You really expected me to be happy to see you didn't you?"

Kagome all of a sudden felt her world was slowly falling apart. Inuyasha continued.

"I needed you for the deal and that was it!"

She took a step back and tears slowly began to fall.

"What do you mean? What are you saying?"

"I needed you for the deal, but after finding out that your family were the keepers of the Shikon no tama, I figured I'd keep you around. The easiest way was to swoon you into falling in love with me."

"But then, why did you tell me all your feelings to me? You said you needed me forever."

Inuyasha grinned,

"I knew you'd fall for that. After finding the jewel, I was just going to kill you. Too bad it didn't work out right, I was hoping one of these nights you'd finally submit and I'd get to bag you."

Kagome's heart broke as it fell onto the floor, but she kept back her tears as all of a sudden she was filled with rage,

"What did you say?"

"You heard me you slutty little bitch!"

Kagome looked to the ground, gritting her teeth.

~*meanwhile*~

In an isolated cell, he was chained and hanging by his arms on the wall. He was dreaming. Actually having the same nightmare about the night Kikyou died, but he noticed something new in this dream. He saw the person that shot both himself and Kikyou. Long, wavy black hair… But he got woken up by hysterical yelling and crying. He heard his voice and the last thing he caught was,

"I knew it! I knew you wouldn't change! Maybe it is better to marry Naraku. At least he'd care about me! How dare you! You…you… "

She was trying so hard to talk,

"Goodbye Inuyasha… I won't even cry a tear as sunset when they kill you! In fact… I'll smile!"

Ouch!

Then he heard her walk away and he heard a devilish chuckle similar too his own, but what got his attention was the scent of saline and her scent flowing into his nostrils.

"Kagome…"

He passed back out, only to be woken up moments later by someone pulling him up by his hair and then slamming him against the wall.

"What do you want?"

Inuyasha moaned as his eyes were getting focused. Then he growled,

"Naraku… "

"Oh, My Kagome has told you who I am?"

"Yah and what a sick pig you are for having crushes on little girls!"

Naraku slapped Inuyasha with the back of his hand,

"You will only answer my questions, very simple, first one, dog, did you touch my Kagome?"

"She's not yours a*****e!"

Naraku gave him another back-handed slap

"Answer my question, Mutt!"

After Inuyasha finished growling, he smirked,

"What do you mean by `touching?'

"Worthless mutt! Did you…"

"No! It was against her wishes."

Naraku growled at him but then smiled,

"Well, looking like I'll be the one, `touching'?"

Inuyasha looked at him with disgust, but then frowned,

"Do what you want. I don't care anymore. She betrayed me..."

Naraku smiled,

"Yes, she does hate your guts pretty badly. She really doesn't care if you die or not."

Inuyasha became next too lifeless. Naraku cooed,

"Oh, poor puppy! Lost his owner again."

That woke Inuyasha up.

`Again? How would he know?'

But he replied,

"Keh!"

Naraku let him down and said,

"Well, excuse me, I have a wedding to prepare for and you have a lot of praying to do. Who knows whether hanyous go to heaven or hell, but you will find out in a matter of hours, won't you?"

Inuyasha sneered at him and growled. Naraku snickered as he left Inuyasha in his cell. Alone.

*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~* ~*~*~*~***~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*

Kagome looked out of the window. Servants were dressing her up in her wedding dress. Sunset was near. Even though she said she'd smile at sunset, she lied about shedding tears. Why did things have to turn out like this? Was this really God's plan? For her to be miserable? She all of a sudden felt nature calling.

"Excuse me, please. I have to goto the washroom."

She said as she wove her way through the servants to the door. As she walked down the corridor, she heard Naraku and Sesshomaru talking. He stood against the wall beside the doorway to listen in…

"They fell for it?" Sesshomaru asked.

Naraku chuckled.

"I told you my plan was perfect. Now Kagome is mine and Inuyasha and Kagome want nothing to do with eachother! That stupid Hanyou brat will die, not only ridding the world of a hanyou, but also lightening Kagome's heart. Between Kagome hating him and his death, Kagome will be in my arms with no hesitation, now come along, we have an execution to attend."

Kagome ran and hid. He was in shock. She didn't exactly know how, but Naraku set them up to hate eachother. That wasn't really Inuyasha! But the real Inuyasha, The one she loved, is getting executed in just an hour.

"Inuyasha! I have to stop them!"

As fast as she could, she ran out of the door and toward Inuyasha.

"I'm coming! Inuyasha! I'm coming."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~***~*~ *~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*****~*~**~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha was in a white button-up shirt with black trousers on. They tied him to a pole that was against the wall. He was nervous, he was scared, but yet the idea of death seemed relaxing. Now that he'd lost Kagome, There was nothing else. Kagome's Father, Naraku, and Sesshomaru were all present. 7 men with gun lined up. A Priest started to recite Inuyasha's last rights. Finally, the head of the guard yelled,

"Ready…Aim…"

"Hold your fire!"

Kagome came flying in and stood, spread eagle in front of Inuyasha.

"Don't shoot! You can't kill him!"

"Kagome? Why are you here? I thought you wanted me dead!"

She turned to him,

"I don't know how it was done, but the harmful things we've said weren't actually us. Last time I remember being with the real you is on the bench last night!"

"So it wasn't you that helped get me arrested?"

Kagome threw her self onto him,

"Of course not! I'd never do such a thing!"

Inuyasha nuzzled her, Kagome's father yelled too her,

"Kagome! Get out of the way! This man needs to die!"

Kagome stepped in front of Inuyasha again, spreading out her arms.

"No, Papa! You can't kill him! None of you can come between us.

Naraku sneered at her. Seeing his future bride in the dress he had tailored for her protecting a worthless creature churned his stomach. Kagome's Father became frantic,

"Kagome! Why do you want him to live so badly?"

Kagome gulped then yelled,

"BECAUSE I LOVE HIM!"

Everybody stood still. Inuyasha felt his heart racing. He began to see if there were anyway to escape the ropes. Kagome's father was becoming a basket case, he yelled,

"Kagome? I thought you weren't going to say that except to the man you want to marry!"

"I know, Papa."

Kagome heard both her father and Inuyasha say,

"What?"

Inuyasha whispered,

"Kagome?..."

She turned around and looked at him, her eyes shimmering.

"I love you…Inuyasha"

Inuyasha felt light-headed. He had waited so long to hear those words. She love him and… wanted to marry him! He smiled at her,

"I love you too, Kagome. With all my being"

He whispered.

Naraku growled and pointed to Kagome,

"Get her out of there!"

Kagome suddenly was grabbed by guards on both arms. She struggled.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Inuyasha! Inuyasha!"

He wriggled, trying into break the ropes, but after Kagome got to the sidelines, it seemed like slow motion as she heard the captain yell,

"Fire"

With tears she cried,

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

She watched her love was shot 7 times in the chest and he fell on his knees. His vision got blurry,

"Kagome…"

Kagome froze as he fell on the ground on the side of his body.

After a moment of silence, the doctor checked his pulse and vitals.

"He's dead"

Kagome fell to her hands and knees and screamed so loud, her vocal chords almost broke.

"Inuyasha… INUYASHA!"

It broke her father's heart too see her in such pain. He knelt down in front of her,

"He would have been killed sooner or later, dear. He was a killer. He's killed countless men, women, and children. Did you really want to marry someone like him?"

Kagome curled up on the ground, a horrible pain developed in her stomach and chest. She was coughing up her uncontrollable sobs. Her father picked her up. And took her to the carriage.

Latter that evening, Kagome became a zombie and was unwillingly got married to Naraku, not saying a single word. Her father spoke for her.

"Is this really what God wanted for me? I feel Like Job (kind of a sad story in the Bible). Inuyasha is dead, I'm Naraku's wife and I don't believe in suicide… Douishite… **whisper** Douishite Kami-Sama?"

```````````````````````````````````````````````***````````````` ````````````````````````````````````````***````````````````````````````

A/N: **dodges all the throwing things aimed at her head and fears for her life** every body! The story's not over! Hold on, okay?

But anyway I listened too more Kappei Yamaguchi (Inuyasha's voice actor) songs. There are a few really goofy ones, lol I dunno what this song is called because it shows up as "Kappei Yamaguchi - ǢǹǿÇÒ¡