InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Boom Box ❯ Change the World ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome's Boom Box

Part 2

I want to change the world

Kaze o kake nuke te nani mo osorezuni

Kagome sat back as one of her favorite songs broke the silence of the hut. Shippo smiled brightly at the sounds reaching his little pointed ears. Sango and Miroku looked on at the wonder in front of them. Even Kaede put aside her herbal concoctions to listen.

Ima yuuki to egao no kakera daite

Change my mind

Inu Yasha, who had been preparing for one of the loud, ear-splitting tones Kagome had told him was called heavy metal (though he didn't know what was so heavy or metallic about it), stopped straining to flatten his ears. In fact, the hanyou's ears perked up. This song actually didn't sound too bad!

Jounetsu tayasazu ni takanaru mirai e

Te wo nobase ba kagayakeru hazusa It's wonderland

"Kagome?" Sango spoke up.

"Yeah?"

"This song reminds me of all the wild adventures our little group has been on. It's amazing how we can hear so many instruments being played all at once, and yet there are no musicians or instruments present. It's all coming from your music box."

Hai iro no sora no kanata Nanika oite kaita kimi wa

Mayoi nagara sagashi tsuzukeru

Kimi no kokoro furete ta Asu mo mienai yo

Nani mo shinji rarezu mimi wo fusagu

"I can't say that I've ever heard some of the instruments this piece has before." remarked Miroku. "There's something that sounds like a biwa, but much stronger. What is it?"

"You probably mean the guitar." said Kagome. "It's similar to the biwa, but it's much bigger and makes a different sound, like the one you're hearing. And the other sounds you hear are probably generated by what we call a synthesizer. It's a machine that can imitate any sound of any instrument ever invented."

"A hundred instruments all in one?" Kaede puzzled. "How does one play such a thing?"

"I don't really know." Kagome shrugged. "I've never actually seen one before. Only very rich people have them."

Kimi ni deaeta toki Hontou no ibasho mitsyuketa

Nani genai yasashi ga sokoni atte Boku ra mezameru

Up in his tree, Inu Yasha was listening intently to the lyrics the CD was putting out. Somehow, the words reminded him of older times. Against his will, his ears began to swivel in time with the melody.

I want to change the world Nidoto mayowanai kimi to iru mirai

Katachi o fureta kotoba demo toberu sa

Change my mind Jounetsu tayasazu ni shiranai ashita e

Tsubasa hiroge habatakeru hazusa It's wonderland

Sango and Miroku laughed warmly at Shippo. The little fox demon was enjoying the music so much that he had started dancing to the beat. He shook his fluffy tail in such a funny manner that even Inu Yasha could not help but crack a smile.

"This is great!" Shippo hopped up, pulling off a sloppy back flip to show off to the others. "Hey Inu Yasha! Why don't you try dancing?"

"Demons do not dance!" the hanyou replied haughtily.

"Oh yeah? Then what am I?"

"A weird little kid raised by humans, that's what!"

"Well, at least I'm having a good time, unlike you!"

"Feh! As if shaking your body all crazy like that can be called fun!"

Shippo simply stuck his tongue out at Inu Yasha.

"For your information, this IS fun!"

Bokura ha onaji sekai wo oyogi tsuzuketeru

Taigai no negai e todaku hi made

Minna onaji huan kakaete sasaeae ru yo

Tachi domaru shunkan ni mitsumete ru Kono basho ni iru

Inu Yasha returned to his thoughts, but not for long. Again, the words were touching him. Was this some kind of magic that he wasn't aware of? Whatever it was, it was from Kagome's time, he was actually starting to like it, and it wasn't even ramen! This was really something he would have to pay some attention to!

I want to change the world Kono te hanasazu ni

Minamoru hitomimo Uketometara Nandatte dekiruhazu

Change my mind Hitori ni sasenai Minna koko ni iru

Donna kotomo tsuki nuke te ikou It's wonderland

The song eventually came to an end, leaving its audience in awe and a pleasant mood. Miroku began rummaging through the CD pack until he turned up a CD he found interesting. He handed it to Kagome, and she returned the first disc to its case before putting it in. If she had actually seen the CD that had been handed to her, she probably would have insisted that Miroku choose another one. But she didn't and in went the next CD…

~~~~~~~~

Oo! What'll the next song be? I know, but you'll have to wait and see! Like it? Hate it? Tell me!