InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's CDs ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kagome's CDs
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha…unfortunately.
 
 
Here I am, starting another fanfic. This one will just be a collection of song fics based on Inuyasha's point of view. I might do other character's p.o.v. later on, but for now, I'm gonna stick to Inuyasha's.
 
So, enjoy and please R&R! ^^
 
 
---Prologue---
 
(In Inuyasha's P.O.V.)
 
 
I closed my eyes as I leaned back against my favourite tree, sitting on one of the many branches, waiting for a certain girl to come back like she promised three days ago.
 
I sighed, wondering why she always wants to go back. She says she has to fill her backpack up with things she needs. It's not like the things she needs aren't available in the feudal era.
 
Clothes, food, simple accessories and just about everyday life stuff can be found here. Well, okay, maybe except for her `home-work' stuff. But she's always complaining about it, so why get it?
 
I sighed again, understand her need to go back to see her friends and family once in a while. But why does she have to go for so long? I always get irritated easily when she's not around. I know exactly why though, it's because I miss her. Although I'll drop dead before I admit that to anyone.
 
I was still grumpily thinking of reasons for her to go back when I sensed a sweet scent in the area. It was her scent.
 
I jumped down from my tree, to see her trying to climb over the well with her big yellow backpack. She was having trouble lifting her bag over the well, so I hurried to help her.
 
I set her on the ground and was about to yell at her and bombard her with questions for why returning so late, when she turned to me and gave me a gentle smile.
 
“Thank you, Inuyasha.”
 
I inwardly sighed in defeat and couldn't help but gave a small smile back. “No problem.”
 
“Come on, let's head back.” She told me and walked towards the village with me following behind her, carrying her bag.
 
>->->->->-<-<-<-<-<
 
I'm back in my tree again.
 
Kagome had made us ramen for dinner after she came back (this is the only reason that I would let her go back, to get more ramen) and she suggested to sleep outside for tonight since it was a clear night.
 
So now, the others are around the camp fire Miroku built near the tree, talking and doing whatever they want to do.
 
Shippo were playing `cards' with Miroku while Sango and Kirara silently watched beside them. Kagome was watching them as well, then she suddenly stood up and walked over to her backpack.
 
“Where are you going?” Shippo asked Kagome.
 
“Oh, to get my CD player.” Kagome answered back, smiling at the young kitsune. She walked back to where she originally sat and showed the others her new toy.
 
“CD?” Miroku asked curiously.
 
“Yup! I got it from Hojo. He said using music therapy would help my uh...illness. I guess Grandpa must have made up another disease.” Kagome answered back.
 
I inwardly growled at the mention of the name `Ho-ho'…or whatever his name was. Kagome always talk so nicely about him, complementing on him and making him sound like an innocent sweet guy. I swear, the next time I go back in Kagome's time, I'll check out this Ho-ho guy.
 
But back to the others. Kagome was showing the others what her object does.
 
“…see, you press this button and the cover opens up for you to put a CD in. After you put the CD in, you press this button and it'll play music.” Kagome patiently explained.
 
“So, this thing can play music?” Sango asked, surprised.
 
Kagome nodded.
 
“But how do you listen to it?”
 
“You use a head phone, like this one.” Kagome held up an upside down U shaped head band with two black circles at either ends.
 
Kagome showed them how to plug it in and putted it on her head, with the black circles covering her ears.
 
“Wow, it's so handy and small.” Miroku added, very interested by the strange device.
 
“Yup, that's why I decided to bring it here. I've always wanted to bring my boom box here, but it was too big.” Kagome told the others.
 
“Boom-box?” Shippo asked. “Does that have anything to do with lightening and thunder?”
 
Kagome smiled. “No, Shippo, it's kinda like a bigger version of a CD player, but with a lot more buttons and functions.”
 
“Oh.” Came Shippo's replied. Obviously, that little guy was still confused.
 
“So can you play it, Kagome?” asked Sango.
 
“Sure!”
 
Kagome pressed a button, and soft music started to come out of the black circles. Of course, the others couldn't hear a thing, but with my keen sense of hearing, I heard the little voices perfectly.
 
Kagome sensed the other's confusion and took her head phones and put it on Sango.
 
Sango's eyes opened wide when she heard the music.
“Wow, this is so cool!”
 
She then took it off and handed it to Miroku. Miroku imitated Sango and put it on. “I agree with you, Sango, this is very interesting!”
 
He then gave it to Shippo, who was waiting patiently for his turn.
 
“WOW!!!” was all he said after he put the head phones on.
 
Kagome giggled. Then she turned and looked up at me.
 
“Inuyasha, do you want to hear it?”
 
“No thanks.” I replied, showing no interest in it.
 
But anyone who knows me well enough will know it's just another one of my “tough-guy” act. And of course, being Kagome, she knew exactly I'm doing, while the others thought I was being rude.
 
“Okay then.” Kagome said, smiling at me and taking the head phones away from Shippo and putting it back on her head.
 
Oh, how I love that smile…
 
Then I froze as I realized something. The voices she was listening to were male voices!
 
I silently jumped down over to Kagome and tapped her on the shoulder.
 
“So what are you listening to?” I asked.
 
“Huh? Oh, just songs I downloaded.”
 
“Is Ho-ho the one singing in the songs?” I asked, not even bother to ask what `download' is.
 
“It's Hojo and no, these are other people. Here, you want to listen to it?” she asked again.
 
“Feh.” I answered back.
 
Kagome took that as a yes and she took the head phone thing off and tried to put it on me.
 
“Uh…I think we have a problem.” She said, turning the thing to cover my ears.
 
In the end, she had to put the thing upside down on the back of my head so the black circles covered my ears.
 
“There.” Kagome then pushed the triangle button and I heard loud voices attacking my ears.
 
“Ow!!!” I jumped back, taking the head phones off me.
 
“Inuyasha! Are you okay?”
 
“Why is on so loud?” I cried, covering my ears with my hand.
 
Those damn noises are still ringing in my ears.
 
“I'm sorry, I forgot how sensitive your ears were.” She apologized. “I don't think you should listen to it anymore.”
 
I jumped back in to my tree without answering. Those damn noises! I turn back to watch Kagome. She returns to listening to her music, while the others continued their card game.
 
I silently observed her as she pressed the tiny buttons. Even from my distance, I can still see clearly what she was pressing. I learned that the triangle shaped button starts the music and the square button stops it.
 
I watched Kagome as she hummed along. I smirked seeing how she moves her body to the music. I can hear the music form here too, and well, I gotta admit. I like the sounds coming out of the thing, now that it's not so loud.
 
As the songs went on, I started to pay attention to the words the people were singing. I leaned against the tree and closed my eyes, as the words of the songs brought me back to my memories…
 
>->->->->-<-<-<-<-<
 
And so…this begins the song fics… hope you like the prologue!
 
Don't forget to R&R!