InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's CDs ❯ I'm Sorry ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kagome's CDs
 
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha: ''I don't belong to anyone…ANYONE!''
(Laughs like a maniac)
Me: ''Uh…What about Takahashi-san?''
Inuyasha: ''…you just had to go and ruin my moment didn't you?''
Me: ''hehe…sorry!''
 
Hey! Hope everyone had a great Easter break!
 
First, I gotta apologize to those who burst out crying at the end of the last chapter…I know how you feel…I cried too…but making Inuyasha cry was the main point of the story. Cause then, all you guys would come back to read the next chapter where he makes up with Kagome!
 
Second, I'm sorry if my Green Day songs are bothering any of you readers out there. It's just that…Green Day was my latest obsession…so I kinda went over board with them…but I promise that I'll try to use less of their songs in the future!
 
Anyways…here's the next chapter…it took me awhile to think of a song that fits the story. So I ended up picking two.
 
Songs: Down by Blink 182 and Forgive Me by Evanescence…
!NOTE! I may skip some parts of each song so that I can make the story go more smoothly.
 
Enjoy!
 
Italic words are lyrics
 
---Chapter 5 ~ I'm Sorry---
 
(In Inuyasha's P.O.V.)
 
''KAGOME!!!''
 
I woke up with a start, sweat dripping off my face. I looked around me and realized that it was all only a dream. I dreamt that Kagome was leaving me and no matter how hard and fast I ran, I couldn't catch up to her.
 
I leaned back against the well. I hadn't moved from the spot since yesterday. I sighed, remembering the conversation I overheard with Kagome and her mom. I was so focused that I didn't realize someone had sat beside me.
 
''Inuyasha…''
 
I recognized the scent and gave an annoyed growl.
''Look, if you've come to lecture me and tell me to go find Kagome--''
 
''I wasn't planning to lecture you.''
 
''Then what do you want?''
 
''Inuyasha, I've watched you since yesterday. Although you wouldn't admit it, you need to talk to somebody.''
 
I turned my head and stared into the monk's face. I gave a small sigh.
I know Miroku's just trying to help.
 
''Kagome's mad at me.''
 
''Gee, if you didn't tell me, I would've never figured it out.'' Miroku answered back sarcastically.
 
I glared at him, but continued. ''She saw me embracing Kikyo. I tried to explain to her, but she ran away before I could even say a word.''
 
''Did you try to go after her?''
 
''YES! I went down the well like 3 times already.''
 
''…and you STILL haven't apologized yet?''
 
''Well…every time I went was bad timing I guess.''
 
Miroku sighed. ''Inuyasha, if you don't apologize soon, she's going to leave you.''
 
The moment Miroku said ''she's going to leave you'', I tensed up.
 
Miroku noticed this and continued. ''You mean, she's really leaving you?''
 
I nodded. ''I overheard her talking to her mom. She said she doesn't know yet, but it hurts her to stay with me.''
 
''Inuyasha! You have to do something quick then! Before she makes her decision! Go now and apologize!''
 
''But--''
 
''No buts, Inuyasha! Do you WANT her to leave you? I sure don't want her to leave us. I'm sure you know how much you need her, so TELL HER that!'' Miroku urged, standing up and pulling me up with him.
 
''Go and apologize, tell her how much you need her and get her back!'' Miroku ordered, giving me a push towards the well.
 
I turned back to look at him. ''Thanks, Miroku.''
 
And with that, I jumped down the well.
 
>->->->->-<-<-<-<-<
 
It was raining over at Kagome's time. The same rain that I sat in last night, while thinking of Kagome. I looked up into the sky and felt the small rain drops falling on my face. It gave me a calm feeling, like refreshing my mind.
 
I opened my eyes and noticed that someone was standing under the God tree, face tilted towards the sky. Her back was facing me, but I know it's her.
 
Kagome…
 
I silently walked over to her, standing about a meter away from her. She sensed someone behind her and turned around.
 
She let out a small gasp. ''Inu…yasha…''
 
We stayed silent, not sure how to start the conversation.
 
The drops of rain they fall all over
This awkward silence makes me crazy
Kagome turned and walked nearer to the God tree, sitting right beneath it. I followed and did the same, taking a seat right beside her. Kagome's shards started to glow, lighting up a pink circle of light around her chest. The glow reflected off her face, giving her pretty face a nice shade.
 
The glow inside burns light upon her
(this can't be the end)
''The shards always glow whenever I'm near the tree and thinking about you.'' Kagome said softly.
 
I looked over at her. She looked back, but looked away quickly again.
 
I felt my heart start to clench. Why did she look away from me? Does it hurt her so much that she can't even look at me for more then a second?
 
Tidal waves they rip right through me
Tears from eyes worn cold and sad
Pick me up now, I need you so bad
I decided to start talking, hoping she would make eye contact with me again.
 
''Kagome, what have you been doing in the past few days?''
 
''Oh just doing stuff and thinking some things over.''
 
Thinking some things over? Does she mean her decisions?
 
''Inuyasha, I have to tell you something…''
 
I quickly looked at her. No, she doesn't mean…
 
 
NO! She can't make her decision yet! I still have to apologize!!!
 
''Kagome, wait…''
 
''No, Inuyasha, listen to me first.'' She starred determinedly into my eyes, making me stop talking.
 
Your vows of silence fall all over
The look in your eyes makes me crazy
I feel the darkness break upon her
I'll take you over if you let me
(You did this)
''No, Kagome, YOU listen to me! You CAN'T leave me! I NEED you!!!''
 
Tidal waves they rip right through me
Tears from eyes worn cold and sad
Pick me up now, I need you so bad.
I grabbed her and pulled her close to me, crushing the life out of her. Kagome immediately tensed up, not used to being hugged so close. I could feel her heart, beating fast against my chest.
 
''Inuyasha?'' She asked me softly, a questioning tone in her voice.
 
''Kagome, I came back yesterday and heard you talking to your mom. I know you're planning to leave me.''
 
''Inuyasha--'' Kagome started.
 
''Please just listen to me first, Kagome.'' I interrupted her, hoping that if she listens to my apology, she'll change her mind.
 
Can you forgive me again?
I don't know what I said
But I didn't mean to hurt you
 
''Please don't leave me, Kagome. We need you. Sango, Miroku, Shippo and Kaede all miss you very much…I miss you.''
 
Kagome relaxed a bit.
 
''Kagome, I wanted to explain to you what happened. When you saw me with Kikyo…it's not what it seems. What I said to Kikyo...I didn't mean to hurt you.''
 
I heard the words come out
I felt that I would die
It hurt so much to hurt you
Kagome moved back, forcing me to let go.
 
''It wasn't what you said, Inuyasha. It was what you were doing.'' She said, hurt in her voice again. ''You were embracing her…again!''
 
''I know, but…I only did it because she asked me if I still love her and I didn't know what to do so I embraced her.''
 
''You didn't know what to do so you embraced her? Yeah Inuyasha, that makes a lot of sense! If you don't love her, then why don't you just tell her? But no, you embraced her, which means…'' Kagome paused, biting her lips and holding back the tears in her eyes. ''…you still love her!''

Then you look at me
You're not shouting anymore
You're silently broken
''No, Kagome! I don't love her! I wanted to tell her that, but I couldn't bring myself up to say it. I didn't want to hurt her!''
 
''So you would rather hurt me?'' Kagome questioned, tears falling down her cheeks.
 
''NO!!!! Kagome!!! I didn't mean it that way! Listen! I DON'T love Kikyo. I did…but that was a long time ago! I couldn't bring myself up to say that straight up to her face! I embraced her just so she would stop asking me. Please believe me Kagome!''
 
Each time I say something I regret
I cry "I don't want to lose you."
Kagome looked up to me, looking deep into my eyes as if to see if I'm telling the truth.
 
I looked back in her eyes, trying to make her see that I really am telling the truth.
''Kagome, I REALLY don't love her anymore.''
 
Kagome sighed and nodded.
 
I grabbed her again and pulled her in my arms once again. I smiled. Good, she believes me. Now, I have to tell her how important she is to me.
 
I gulped. This is harder than I thought…and Miroku makes it sound so easy.
 
But somehow I know that you will never leave me, yeah.
''Kagome, when you left me…I felt so alone. You didn't let me explain and you ran away. If you stayed, we wouldn't be like this. Don't you see how much we need you?''

'Cause you were made for me
Somehow I'll make you see
How happy you make me
''Don't you see how much I need you? When I came back and heard you talking to your mom, I felt like my world ended. I couldn't even imagine what life would be without you. I NEED you, Kagome.''

I can't live this life
Without you by my side
I need you to survive
''You're always there for me, cheering me up when I'm sad, supporting me in so many ways. I need you to stay with me, please? I'm sorry.''
I pulled back and I reached up to her face to wipe the tears away from her cheeks.
 
So stay with me
You look in my eyes and I'm screaming inside that I'm sorry.
Kagome smiled. ''How can I refuse when you ask me like that?''
 
And you forgive me again
You're my one true friend
And I never meant to hurt you
 
''Inuyasha, you should be like this more often. Open up to me more so I would know what you're thinking.'' Kagome said, with a big grin.
 
''…''
 
I blushed. I've never opened up to Kagome like this. In fact, I don't recall me EVER opened up to ANYONE like this.
 
Kagome noticed my embarrassment and giggled. That only made me blushed even more. Seeing me blushing, Kagome flung herself at me and hugged me tightly. It almost felt like she was trying to squeeze the life out of me. But it was a good feeling, and I was glad that she did it first since I've always wanted to hug her like that.
 
We embraced tightly together, enjoying the feeling. But…all good things must come to an end, and soon she pulled away.
 
''Come on, let's go back. I'm sure Shippo and the others all misses me.'' Kagome said, standing up.
 
I stood up and gently took Kagome's hand in mine. She looked up, wondering what I was doing.
 
''You grabbed my hand last time and pulled me back to the village. So I guess this time, it's only fair that I pull you back home.''
 
Kagome smiled and closed her hands around mine. Then she reached up and scratched my ears.
 
I smiled. It was just the way I like it.
 
Thank you, Kagome…
 
 
For everything.
 
>->->->->-<-<-<-<-<
 
YAY!!! They made up!!!...
 
And when Inuyasha grabbed Kagome's hand, he was referring to Episode 48 - Return to the Place We First Met. It was when Kagome went back to Inuyasha and asked him if she could stay with him. And then there was this pretty scene where they were walking hand in hand and looking at each other…
 
Well…hope you all liked it! I think it's very fluffy and sweet! People have been complaining about my chapters being too sad. I hope this one brings the story back to fluffiness!
 
This is also the end to part 1 of this story. The next chapter would be part 2…and it'll be based on Inuyasha's point of view on being a hanyou. I've also planned a part 3 to this story, so keep reading!!!
 
And like I promised, here are some people who reviewed…
InuYashasLoveLorn - Hey! Thank you so much for reviewing! You have long reviews too and I love every comment you've given so far! I hope you like the songs I used in this chapter…I did get kinda too obsessed with Green Day. Hehe… But anyways, you asked if you can request a song… Sure! I would love to use your song, but I'll have to see if it goes along with my story. But I'll try to use it as much as possible!
 
Lizbeth - Thank you for all your kind reviews!!! I'm sorry I didn't use your song…I might use it in future chapters though!
 
Beloved Rose - Hey! I love your Teddy!...lol…thanks for your reviews!
 
fluffyrachel - Thank you once again!
 
Zirra Nova - I hope this chapter makes up for that last chapter!!!
 
…and same as last time, thank you to all those who reviewed!
 
But just cuz I thanked you in this chapter doesn't mean you don't have to review for this chapter!
 
Review and tell me what you think!!!