InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's life ❯ Inuyasha's return ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Inuyasha's return
  
“What do you mean Kagome went with Sesshomaru?” Sango asked. All of this sounded surreal to her. Why would Kagome go off with their ex ally, Sesshomaru? Besides, Kagome is not that type of girl to go from guy to guy anyways.
 
“Well all I know is, she asked him if she could go away with him and he took her” Inuyasha answered. He was rushing everyone in the camp to go find her. But the camp members wanted more information than just that.
 
“We have to go get her” Miroku insisted.
 
“Of course we do!” Shippo exclaimed.
 
The group quickly packed their campsite up and got ready to go.
 
“Are you ready, Kilala?” Shippo asked.
 
“I hope Kagome is ok” Sango worried. Kagome was strong and could hold her own against some youkai but not Sesshomaru, he was the strongest demon around. Her powers were still a little untrained.
 
“It's a little over a day away” Shippo whined.
 
“I'm going ahead” Inuyasha yelled.
 
Several hours later
 
 
“We're almost there, a few more hours” Inuyasha yelled back at them. He was jumping and running towards Sesshomaru's castle, it was in plain sight now.
 
“We're exhausted” Sango hissed. Poor Kilala was flying like a wounded animal, Shippo was asleep from the traveling and Miroku was unconscious, thanks to his wandering hands.
 
“Just push on” Inuyasha insisted. He was close to saving her, he wasn't about to stop short.
 
*Back with Sesshomaru*
 
Sitting with Kouga and Sesshomaru in their meeting, Kagome was sharing her opinions about Rin's care.
 
“She should be allowed to go outside, she loves flowers” Kagome said. Rin was miserable, she had studies every day and had no time afterwards to go outside.
 
“But outside is dangerous and she doesn't always follow directions” Sesshomaru argued,
 
“But I can go and you can go to” She insisted.
 
“I agree, Rin deserves….” Kouga stopped.
 
“Hanyou and ningens on their way in less than an hour” He sniffed, he hated their smell. Kagome always smelt of flowers but they smelt of sweat.
 
“Inuyasha and my friends” Kagome exclaimed. She hurried up from the table and went down to the door. Her miko powers, unbeknownst to her, gave her a boost of energy that kept her just inches away from Sesshomaru & Kouga's claws
 
“Kagome” Sesshomaru called out. He and Kouga chased after her but she was too fast for them, that and they weren't really trying too hard.
 
“Inuyasha” She yelled, he was there, just a few feet in front of her.
 
“Kagome” He yelled back. But then she stopped.
 
`Why do I want Inuyasha back? I have Sesshomaru and he has treated me kindly by allowing me to stay in his house for free. Plus that kiss we shared yesterday…was truly amazing.
 
“Are you alright?” Inuyasha asked. He seemed truly concerned.
 
“Yes of course, Sess has been gracious to me” She answered. She purposely left out their little kiss. Sango was a little confused.
 
“Momma” Shippo yelled, he jumped into her arms and she hugged him tight.
 
“You adopted a kitsune?” Kouga asked.
 
“Yes, he is very loving and he deserves to have a mother in his life” She answered.
 
“I missed you Momma” Shippo clung onto her shirt.
 
“Me too sweetie” She cooed.
 
“I'll go find Rin” She announced and disappeared.
 
“If you hurt my momma, I'll hurt you” Shippo threatened. Sesshomaru started laughing, a hearty deep laugh. It caught everyone off guard, including Shippo.
 
`As if this little kitsune is actually going to hurt a demon like me'
 
“I'd never hurt your mother, the hanyou does enough of that” He replied. Everyone gave a knowing glance towards Sesshomaru and then an angry one towards Inuyasha. He noticed these glances.
 
“Hey, I didn't mean to hurt her” Inuyasha shouted.
 
“Sit boy” Kagome said. Inuyasha fell into the floor.
 
“I am very happy here, Sesshomaru is providing me with everything I need; I want Shippo to join us” Kagome said.
 
“I thought you'd come back” Inuyasha whined.
 
“Why don't you go ahead and stay awhile here, I'm sure Lord Sesshomaru wouldn't mind” Kagome offered.
 
“Sure” Sango accepted quickly, she wanted some alone time with Kagome to talk.
 
Inuyasha was trying so hard to get her attention but she was more than into Sesshomaru. She made sure that nothing happened, even though she enjoyed making Inuyasha squirm she felt guilty and she was still in love with Inuyasha.