InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Story ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Story


Summary: Kagome is an intelligent girl going through the struggles of being a teenager. Her sisters are Kikyou and Kagura. She loves them with all of her heart, but wishes things to be different. She meets an inu-hanyou boy, and her life unravels from there.

-X-

She finished writing her entry in her journal and closed the book. She scowled upon realizing what time it was.

‘Nearly 7:00a.m., and I’m still not asleep.’ She hadn’t been able to fall asleep ever since she left the hanyou’s car. It was really starting to piss her off. She had to be at school in an hour; she was dead tired, but her mind wouldn’t let her sleep.

“Kagome?” She looked towards her doorway- no door. The door had been taken away as part of her punishment.

“What!?” The older girl stared at her.

“I’m sorry.” It was blunt, to the pint, and she just left. Didn’t wait for a response- just left.

“Kagome! Are you ready!?”

Yes Daddy!!” Grumpily she picked up her school bad and walked down the stairs.

“Kikyou will drive you to school, and pick you up. You go nowhere without my consent…Maybe next time you will know better than to go out with some guy, lie to me about it, and especially one you hardly know!”

“Dad, save me the lectures, I’m not five.” She picked up a piece of toast and shoved it in her mouth.

“Excuse me!? I’m your father! I’m supposed to lecture you!”

“Mom wouldn’t have been like this! Why don’t I just go live with her!? Make your life a hell of a lot easier?!” His expression softened. She sniffled and wiped stray tears away.

“Kagome, honey…You know you can’t do that…” He walked towards her and put his hand on her shoulder.

“No.” She shrugged away from him. “Kikyou, I’m ready! See ya later Dad.” Kikyou took a step into the room. She glared at her father and grabbed her keys.




“Kagome!!” She knew the voice; she kept running.

She just couldn’t be around them right now. She had so many questions; so many thoughts running through her mind. Why was that demon, Sesshomaru, so familiar; why did her blood freeze at the very sound of his voice? What was the deal with her; her mother? Why was Kagura there; friends with him? Why couldn’t she live with her mother? Why did Kagura leave her; Kikyou come back? Why did she so willingly befriend the strange hanyou boy? Why did he as well seem familiar? Why did he say he had a bad life at home?

She shook her head and kept running. She wouldn’t stop for them. She couldn’t. There was just something in her, telling her to avoid at all costs. She couldn’t even begin to fathom as to why…She just knew she shouldn’t. She wasn’t watching where she was running to, just running as fast as her legs would carry her.

He was sitting on the front steps of the school, doing his homework he hadn’t had time to do the night before. He wondered if the girl got her work done. She did seem like the type that would be a goody-two-shoe and never miss a day of school, or get less than a 90 percent on her work. Man, he didn’t know how right he was. Just then, he looked up from his notebook to see a girl running swiftly down the sidewalk.

“Stupid track chicks…” He mumbled to himself. “Wait…That’s Kags!” ‘Why is she running like the devil himself is at her heels?’ “Kags! Kags wait up!!” He shoved his books in his bag and swung it over his shoulder.

“Why isn’t she stopping!?” He growled to himself and pushed further to catch up with the retreating form of the girl.

‘Can’t stop…Can’t stop…’ And she didn’t. When her breathing became ragged, she didn’t stop. The pain in her side, the pain in her legs from not being used to running as much, the voice behind her calling out to her, nothing could make her stop. ‘As long as I keep running everything will be okay…Nothing bad can happen to me if I keep running…’

‘Where the hell is she running to? Oh shit…’
He quickly caught up to her and tackled her to the ground; effectively knocking the wind out of her.

“What the hell is wrong with you!? You’re off of school grounds!” ‘And in the bad part of town to boot!’ He growled at her, getting up, and helping her up.

She looked sheepishly at the cement as she brushed her skirt off. “Sorry…” She didn’t know anyone, especially he, would follow her. “I need to get away. I can’t stand any of this anymore. I just…I don’t know…I don’t fit in…I don’t belong. I can never be Kikyou or Kagura!” She cried in frustration and stomped her foot on the ground.

‘Did she say Kikyou?’ He put his arm around her shoulder and led her back down the sidewalk in the direction of school. ‘I can already tell I’ve gotten in over my head with this girl…’

-X-

I know it’s not a lot…But I’m going to be busy and since I haven’t updated in a little while, I thought I should. Please review. I would like to see my inbox stuffed when I return. I’m prepared to beg!!

On Fan Fiction, they made me change my PenName because it was too long.

-Steffanie