InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Story ❯ Chapter 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Story


Summary: Kagome is an intelligent girl going through the struggles of being a teenager. Her sisters are Kikyou and Kagura. She loves them with all of her heart, but wishes things to be different. She meets an inu-hanyou boy, and her life unravels from there.

-X-
Chapter Nineteen

In This Chapter:
Shippou joins the crew! I love Shippou, so cute! XD

Dates Worked On: 8/20, 8/31, 9/10

-X-

“Bye-bye Roku!!” She waved happily over her shoulder as she walked out into the darkening city streets. She clutched her books to her chest and hummed happily down the sidewalk. Thanks to Miroku, she finally understood what was going on in her godforsaken geometry class. Now all she had to do was convince Sango to date Miroku…That posed itself as a problem. Sango swore she’d never date a lecher like him.

She sighed; her previous ecstatic mood completely deflated. “This will never work!!” She whined and stomped along in frustration. “Maybe Inuyasha could…” She trailed off as she heard faint crying coming from a nearby alley.

Going against her better judgment, she followed her instincts to help, and walked briskly to the alley.

She saw a little boy huddled up in the middle of the alley, bruised and bloody, crying his little heart out. Quickly surveying the scene to make sure it wasn’t a trap; she ran to him and scooped him into her arms. His first reaction was to struggle to get away. She murmured soothing words to him and she held him tightly to keep him from escaping.

After a few minutes, his sobbing subsided and he blinked his puffy emerald eyes at her.

“You’re not goin’ t’a hurt me, are you?” His eyes showed the fear that rippled from him in waves. Her eyes widened, ‘Someone hurt him deliberately!?’

She couldn’t even bare to muse on the subject for long.

“Of course not!! I’m going to get you home safely.” She smiled warmly down at him.

“Bu-but I don’t have a home.” He sniffled as more tears streaked down his grimy face.

Her heart leapt out to the lad. “Oh my god! Are you serious!? Where are your parents!?” She looked around panicky, in case the child’s parent’s devised this plan as a trap.

He began wailing and completely caught her off guard. “Shh! Shh!! It’s alright…Shh…” She patted his back consolingly as he sobbed. She noticed that he was still bleeding and the blood was now all over her previously clean outfit. She winced at the thought of having to throw the clothes out, but shrugged the matter out of her mind.

“What’s wrong?” She gently rocked him in her arms. He sniffled and wiped a few stray tears.

“My mommy and daddy are d-dead!” He looked at her with wide tearful eyes.

“Oh…I’m so sorry….I had no idea…” She stuttered around before saying that he could come home with her for the night. She did have to treat his wounds, didn’t she? ‘I hope Inuyasha doesn’t get mad at me…’ It was, after all, his place, not hers… She bit her lip as she struggled to make her way back to the apartment with the boy and her books in her arms.




“Hell no!!” Inuyasha slammed the fridge door shut and glared at her.

“Please!!” She begged him as she quietly told Shippou to go sit on the lounge chair in the living room.

“I said NO! I can hardly afford the two of us; I can’t afford the kid too!” Tears welled up in her eyes.

“You want me to leave?” His eyes widened and he hurried over to her and pulled her into a tight hug.

“No, Kags, of course not! Stay here as long as you need!” She shoved him away roughly.

“But you said you couldn’t afford me!”

“I didn’t mean it Kags, I’m sorry!” He looked at her, pained by the hurt and anger in her eyes.

“I’ll get a job, Inuyasha. I’ll pay for myself and the kid.” She spit out harshly at him.

“Kags, no, you don’t have to! I just have to work more. I’ve been spending less time at it than usual as it is, and I’m losing money! It has nothing to do with you!”

“I will though…Get a job…” She whispered, looking at Shippou. He put his arms around her waist and rested his chin on the top of her head.

“Don’t Kags. You don’t need to. The boy can stay with Sesshomaru. I’m pretty sure he won’t object.”

Kagome looked up warily. Not sure if she wanted to send the boy to live with strangers in a town that he didn’t know…But eventually she complied and they took the next day off school to set up arrangements with Sesshomaru.




“Miroku, have you seen Kagome today?” Sango looked up from her lunch and looked over the sea of students for her best friend. She had been a little distant from everyone lately, she didn’t return phone calls, and she didn’t hang out with anyone after school.

“No, I just saw her last night…Strange that her dad would have let her come over…I could have sworn she was grounded?” He flicked his confused violet gaze to the girl sitting across from him. ‘You’re supposed to help me get Sango, Kagome!!’ He mentally cursed her and threw a tantrum in his mind.

“Yeah…I remember Kikyou saying something like that when I called…I don’t know…I hope she’s okay…” Miroku walked around the table and sat next to her, embracing her in a friendly hug. “I’m sure she’s fine, Sango-chan.” He smiled pleasantly and tightened his embrace before pulling away.

“Thanks Houshi-sama, I needed that.” She smiled brilliantly at him as she pushed the food around on her tray. Thoughts were swirling through both teens’ minds, both oblivious to the signals being sent between them. Ah, the blissfulness of oblivion.

“Sango-chan, Miroku-chan!” Hojo ran up to the two friends, breathless. “Have you…seen Higurashi-chan?” They shook their heads simultaneously.

“Haven’t seen her all day, why Hojo-chan?” Sango blinked at him, waiting for an answer.

“I…uhh…” A light blush stole across his cheeks… “Just t-tell her that I wanted…to talk to her…” They nodded and he spun on his and headed back in the direction from whence he came.

“That was a little weird…What could Hojo have wanted with Kagome?”

“A little weird!? That guy’s a freakin’ nutcase!” Sango glared at him and picked up her tray, walking away.

“Sango, wait! Did I say something wrong!?” He hurried after her, hating the fact that he always said, or did, something wrong.

“Hojo is my friend, Houshi-sama! And what, are you going to say that Eri, Yuka and Ayumi are whores!? Then are you going to grope me!? I know you Miroku. I know your ways!” She slammed her tray down, heatedly walking past the gawking stares she received from screaming out like that. “Go grope some other chick and fuck her for all I care, I’m going to find out where Kagome is.”

He stood in awe. He’d seen men at the receiving end of her full wrath…and this was nowhere near there. She was icy mad. He knew her for nearly her whole life…There was something she was holding back, something she wasn’t telling him. And by damned, he was going to find out so he could get back on her good side. The iciness chilled him to his heart. He liked Sango. She was his first love, although he’d never openly admit it to her, she had stolen his heart and had unconsciously no hope of giving it back.

‘Did she just tell me to go fuck a girl? I thought she knew…I’m a virgin!’ He walked through the halls puzzled. ‘Does she truly think so lowly of me? I may be well into women…But I still haven’t been stupid enough to sleep with every one I came across! I don’t want STD’s! Does everyone think I’m such a man whore?’

“Hey Miroku!” He placed his fake façade on and threw charming smirk their way.

“Hello ladies!” They giggled and looked away. He raised in eyebrow in question. ‘I guess that answers my question…’




“No.” Inuyasha held in the protest that threatened to jump out of his throat. He told her that he would let her deal with everything. This kid was her responsibility; she wanted to help him as much as she could, by herself.

“Please!?”

“I said, NO!” Her eyebrow twitched and she folded her arms across her chest. This guy was going to be harder than she thought.

“Please, Sesshomaru.” She tried to work her innocent charm on him…nothing! It always worked on Inuyasha, you would think it worked on his brother too…but noooo! The stupid jerk had to have ego emissions so high that nothing else even fazed him! Must run in the family though…

He shook his head and stood his ground.

“But Sesshou-” She was cut off by the doorbell ringing and him shooting off to answer the door. Mostly likely glad to have something to end this little conversation.

“So…” Kagome glared over at Inuyasha. He was probably laughing his ass off on the inside. It just wasn’t fair! She helped the little boy, and now she had nowhere for him to go…And she sure as hell wasn’t going back home!!

Sesshomaru walked back into the room with Kagura and Kanna in tow.

“Kagome!!!” A bright smile made its way to the older sister’s face as she launched herself at said girl.

“Kagura! How are you?!” She returned her sisters hug as she greeted the younger girl.

“Hey Kanna, how are you?” Kanna smiled a tiny smile and bowed slightly. ‘Man that girl sure is shy…’

Rin, having heard the doorbell had raced down from her room, which actually took a while considering how far away her room was.

“Kanna-chan!!” She slammed into Kanna, knocking her to the ground in a hug. As the two girls played around Kagome took this distraction time to once again try to persuade the icy inu.

“So…Sesshomaru…Please can Shippou stay with you!? I mean come on! Look at all the extra room you have!!” She swept her arms around her for emphasis.

“Shippou?” Rin looked around the room in question. “Who’s he?” Kagome ran to the kitsune, picked him up, and whisked him over to Rin.

“Rin, meet Shippou. Shippou, meet Rin.” The little girl’s eyes widened before a high-pitched squeal erupted from her.

“Oh my gosh!!!” She jumped up and down excitedly. “He’s so adorable!!! Daddy can he stay!!??” She ran to her father and wrapped her arms around his legs. “Please Daddy, please!?”

Sesshomaru showed no emotion, what a surprise, ne? A small almost inaudible sigh escaped him. “I suppose, if it is what you wish.”

“It is!!” She nodded her head vigorously.

“Yes!!” Kagome shot her fist into the air in triumph. “I mean…Yay Shippou has a home?”

Meanwhile Kagura was having a conversation with the hanyou. “So Inuyasha. How are you treating my little sister? Well I hope. Or else you won’t even know what hit you until you’re six feet under.” She smiled sweetly at him.

“I…Uhh…” He looked around nervously. How was one supposed to answer a question such as that?!




I’m sorry for the long wait…But I have school and such….I’m not really home much anymore, and if I am, I’m busy doing homework or my chores. Yeah, I’m really sorry. I do have a new story up by the way. It’s called He. Wait. She?. I’m trying for it to be funny….And since funny isn’t my strong point….We’ll see!! : ) Please read and review!!

Monday’s and Tuesday’s are maybe days for working on my stories.
Wednesday’s are a NO. I have band from 6pm-9pm those nights and sometimes stay after school and don’t get home ‘til 10.
Thursday’s are maybe days.
Friday’s and the weekends are maybe days as well. You never know about those days…I have football games to play at on some Friday’s and such…Yeah…

Adios!!

Steffaniey the Lavishly Splendid