InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome Video ❯ Drinks, Songs, and Truth ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pink haired chibi comes out in robes complete with hood.

Chibi one: Say it!

Neko no Baka: (mutters) I don't own Inu yasha.

Chibi One: Good writer.

NB: On with the story!

Ch. 5: Drinks, Songs, and Truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone changed into their spare clothes, as everyone hated the work clothes. Kagome had one her outfit that she usually wore for Discovery, Inu yasha had thrown on a black fitting t-shirt that did wonders to Kagome's cheaks. Shinji sported a black baggy shirt with a maple leaf on it With Large words saying "NERV", and 'The Boss' had a simple white shirt on it. The earlier mentioned Bar was down the street.

As they walked down the street, Shinji told Ken about the jerk that picked on Kagome and How 'Inuko' stood up to him. Ken only laughed, and whack Inu yasha on the back. "Good going Kid, but next time be a little gentler. Don't want to be sued now." Inu Yasha mummbled something in irratation. "Don't worry the guy will be banned from the store. No ones allowed to treat my employees like that."

Kagome was deep in her own thoughts. *Sometimes I really do wonder how Inu yasha feels.* Glancing at him from the corner of her eye. She watched as he slipped his hand under his backwards black hat, to more than likely rub his ear. Kagome smiled. * He really is doing a lot for me. Helping with the whole shine thing, even putting up with his ears being squished. But why?*

"..NO don't....Kikyou.......Kagome....I'm sorry..."

*Then again, maybe he is really just trying to hurry me up. So he can get back to the search. * Kagome sighed in frustration.*Inu yasha, what is the truth. I wish I knew.*

"Hey Kagome..?"

Kagome was startled out of her thoughts by Shinji's voice and looked up to see him looking at her concerned. He wasn't the only one. "Everything alright?"

Kagome flushed, embarashed to be caught spacing out. "Uhh.. Yeah, it's just been a long day."

"You can say that again." Shinji said stretching. "Were here anyways."

"Oh."

And with that they entered the Bar and took a booth. Ken whishered to Kagome and Inuyasha. "Don't worry they never card the group I'm with in here. So order what you like." They ordered there drinks, Kagome having a melon ball. Inu yasha having no clue what to order had the same.

It was then Kagome descided to check out the surroundings. It was a lightly lit bar, not too many people, and they seemed to be seated close to a stage. Kagome's eyes widen. *Wait! A stage!?!* To Kagome's half terror they were at a Karioki Bar. *As much as I love to sing....I don't want to do it here...with 'him' here. Friends are one thing...but ...hey who says I'll end up singing. We just came here to drink, right?* Kagome smiled to herself, only to have it fade.

"Well who's first." Ken said evilly, in Kagome's opinion. "I'm Paying but your all singing."

*Well shit!* Was all Kagome innocent little mind could say.

A groan from Shinji and a confused blink from Inu yasha was all Ken got. "Alright, alright. I'll go first."

Ken walked off to the stage to talk to the woman manning the karioki machine. The Drinks came, and Ken began singing 'Roses' by Outkast. Shinji just starred at his drink like it was a trator. Inu yasha sniffed his, took a sip and descided he liked it. Kagome on the other hand sipped hers, glanced back at the stage, and then her drink. Then proceeded to down half of it, to the alarm of Inu yasha.

Ken bolted out some lyrics that seemed to be his favorite part.

~..You like to think your shat don't stank.~

"Hey Tweaker easy. It's not that bad."

Kagome laughed. "Don't worry, Spaze. I know what I'm doing." Inu yasha only raised and eyebrow at her. Kagome ate some of the bar nuts. *No good if I drink on a empty stomache.*

Inu yasha was going to say something, but stopped as someone slapped their hand on his shoulder making him give out surprised yelp. Which was none other than Ken. "So..who's next?" Inu yasha sweated.

It was Shinji to the rescue. "I'll go, and then get drunk later." He said with a goofy grin.

Kagome patted the brave hero on the shoulder, and Inu yasha gave him a look of graditude. Shinji walked of to the terror known as Karioki.

Ken sat down and had a swig of his bear. He glanced over at the two. "Gah, you two look like it's a death sentence. Come on it'll be fun. Kagome go next. You'll see what I mean, It's a great way to unwhined."

"Yes sir." Kagome forcing a smile. *Oh it won't be that bad.* Kagome nervously sipped her drink. She heard Shinji as he started to sing "It's my life".

Ken whooped and cheered Shinji on. Inu yasha descided to join in. His song ended and he came back to the table.

"Wow." Spaze flopped down in his chair. "That does wonders for your stress. " Turning to Kagome. "So Tweaker, you going to give it a go?"

"Actually. She's next." Ken boasted, looking quite happy about it.

Kagome smiled. "Yep." *why me.* She headed over to the lady at the machine. *Inu yasha better not tease me about this.* Her mind wondered back to her earlier thought. *No. Not going to think about it. Just sing.*

Kagome reached the lady and signed up on the sheet. Turns out there were two people ahead of her. The lady handed her a book. "Here skim it over and let me know when you've found one you like."

Kagome flipped through the pages. *Hmmm....what to sing. Oh! My Favorite song.* Kagome eagerly pointed to the song on the page. "This one please." The woman smiled over at her. Kagome spotted another song that fit her mood. "Oh but this one first please, if that's alright."

The woman nodded. "That's just fine. Haven't had too many girls up her tonight."

~*~

Kagome got up finally. The last singer had scared Inu yasha. *A male shouldn't be able to go that high, and squeeky.*

Kagome began in a soft voice

~I've been waiting all day for ya babe
so won't you come sit and talk to me
and tell me how we're gonna be together always
hope you know that when it's late at night
I hold on to my pillow tight
I think `bout how you promised me forever ~

Inu yasha starred. *She isn't half bad.*


~(I never thought that anyone) could make me feel this way
(now that you're here boy, all I want) is just a chance to say ~

Her voice picked up intensity.

~get out (leave) right now
it's the end of you and me
it's too late (now) and I can't wait for you to be gone
cause I know, about her (move)
and I wonder (why)
how I brought all the lies
you said that you would treat me right
but you were just a waste of time (waste of time) ~

Shinji hooted, "Yeah Kagome, Go!" But it was background noise, as all Inu yasha could hear was Kagome.

~tell me why you're looking so confused
when I'm the one that didn't know the truth
how could you ever be so cold?
you go behind my back and call my friend
boy you must've gone and bumped your head
because you left your number on her phone
so now after all is said and done
maybe I'm the one to blame but
to think that you could be the one
well it didn't work out that way

get out (leave) right now
it's the end of you and me
it's too late (now) and I can't wait for you to be gone (you to be gone)
cause I know, about her (move)
and I wonder (why)
how I brought all the lies (all the lies)
you said that you would treat me right (you said that you)
but you were just a waste of time (waste of time)

I wanted you right here with me
but I have no choice, you've got to leave
because my heart is breaking
with every word I'm saying,
I gave up everything I had
on something that just would not last
but I refuse to cry
no tears will fall from these eyes (ohh, ohh) ~

Inu yasha could help but wonder if the song had more to it, than something to sing. *I wonder if she feels that way about things.*

Kagome's voice filled with intensity, as she bolted out the lyrics.


~get out

get out (leave) right now
it's the end of you and me (you and me)
it's too late (now) and I can't wait for you to be gone (you to be gone)
cause I know, about her (move)
and I wonder (why)
how I brought all the lies (how did I …)
you said that you would treat me right (you said that you)
but you were just a waste of time (waste of time)

Ken chuckled. "That Kagome's got a voice doesn't she?"

"yeah."Inu yasha said half paying attention to Ken.


get out (leave)
(you and me)
it's too late (too late) (you)

about her (move) (why)

you said that you would treat me right
but you were just a waste of time(waste of time) (ohh)~

With the last lyrics being sung the song ended and people cheered. Inu yasha's looked off in thought. Kagome blushed a bit from the praise. Then started her second song.

~I didn't hear you leave
I wonder how am I still here
I don't want to move a thing
It might change my memory
Oh I am what I am
I'll do what I want
But I can't hide~

Inu yasha starred up at her.

Kagome smiled at the hidden meaning as she continued on.


~I won't go
I won't sleep
I can't breathe
Until you're resting here with me
I won't leave
I can't hide
I cannot be
Until your resting here with me

I don't want to call my friends
They might wake me from this dream
And I can't leave this bed
Risk forgetting all that's been

Oh I am what I am
I'll do what I want
But I can't hide
I won't go
I won't sleep
I can't breathe
Until you're resting here with me
I won't leave
I can't hide
I cannot be
Until your resting here with me~

Again the addience cheered, and Kagome bowed before quickly getting of the stage. Kagome got back to the table and took her seat.

"Quite the singer aren't we Tweaker." Shinji teased.

Kagome shyly ducked her head. "Not really."

"Well you seemed to enjoy yourself up there. What did you think Inuko." Ken nudged him in the ribs.

Inu yasha rubbed is sore spot. "It was surprisingly half decent." He gave a surprised Kagome a smirk.

She came out of her stupor and poked Inu yasha. "I believe it's your turn." She smiled evilly.

"But I really don't know any songs."

"It's ok they provide the words on a board in front of you."

Inu yasha huffed and got up. Kagome gave him a encouraging shove in the direction of the machine. Stacking over to it he scribbled his name down, and began to flip through the book. Unfortunately there was no on ahead of him. His eye's paused on a song. *Wait..I think I heard this one back in the store on that box Kagome calls a tv. Some Music Video. Stupid video it's on played over and over again for the last week. At least the song isn't half bad.* Inu yasha pointed to the song, and the lady smiled pointing him over to the stage.

Kagome watched Inu yasha as he got ready, then the music started up. *wait I know this one..*

~And I'd give up forever to touch you
'cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that i'll
Ever be
And I don't want to go home right now~

Kagome eye widened in surprise. *It's Iris. I love this song.*

~And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
'cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'cause I don't think that they'd
Understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am~

*His voice is so smooth.*

~And you can't fight the tears that ain't
Coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive~

Kagome stared on in aw, of Inu yasha's vocal skill. She was startled when he looked directly at her as he sung the next part.

~And I don't want the world to see me
'cause I don't think that they'd
Understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am~

I just want you to know who I am.....~

A cheer came from the crowd, along with a few whistles, as Inu yasha hurried down the stairs. He took his chair. "There. Did it." He said with looking at the table somewhat embrashed.

"That was awsome, Inu yasha."

Surprised, Inu yasha looked up at Kagome as she continued. "I had no idea you could sing so well." Beaming at this new found discovery.

"tch. Well you don't know everything." He said. Proud smirk on his face, though he wasn't sure that singing was anything to be proud of.

Kagome huffed. "Yeah well I'd like to know."

Shinji interupted the conversation. "Inu yasha? Is that your pet name for him Kagome."

Kagome paled at her mistake. "Um ..yeah. Actually it is...his last name happens to be Yasha and I combine them...you know the meaning."

"Aw.. makes sense." Was all Shinji said to Kagome's relief. "So Inuko, what's your pet name for Kagome?"

The said demon blink. "Um...well...just..."

Shinji. "Just?"

Kagome sweated. *Please don't be wench. Don't be wench or Shard detector! Gah! Or..*

"..Just Kag."

*Eh?*

"oh. " Shinji smiled. " That's kinda cute. Fits you Tweaker."

Inu yasha mutter something under his breath about annoying pet names.

Ken chuckled. "Well let's call it a night. It's 12 now." He said looking at his watch. Everyone got up and started heading their seprerate ways.

Kagome smiled. "Kag huh."

Inu yasha smirked. "Yeah, Kag the Hag." That earned him a playful smack from Kagome.

Kagome looked ahead smiling. "Well it's better than wench."

Inu yasha was quiet. They reached the shrine steps. "You know I was thinking."

"Hmm?" Kagome turned to him, as they hicked up the stairs.

"No one really know where we are. I should probably drop by the village in the morning to let them know what's going on." Inu yasha said.

Kagome freaked. "Oh my god. I completely forgot. It's been over a week too. They probably wonder if were dead."

Inu yasha stared at her.

Kagome blinked. "What?"

Inu yasha looked aggitated. "Geeze woman! Did you foget the whole quest?"

"No." Kagome continued up the stairs. "It''s just you usually come and get me, and your here with me. So I completely forgot that I might need to go back and tell the others what's up. You usually do that."

"Oh." Inu yasha's irratation subsided. "Well I'll go over in the morning like I said."

"Ok, just don't forget what time work is. We can't be late to our new job only the first week on." Kagome pointed to his wrist. "Bring your watch."

Inu yasha nodded and they headed in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*.*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inu yasha got dressed in his regular clothes and headed to the well with Kagome. *Dread seemed to fill her.*

"You got your watch." Kagome asked as he got to the well.

He gave her a bored look. "Yes mom."

Kagome stuck out her tounge. "Just don't be late."

He smirked. "Your one to talk." At her glare. "Don't worry I'll be back soon." And with that he jumped in. Kagome watched as Inu yasha jumped in the well and disappeared.

"I wonder if he'll bump into her." Kagome stood there a moment, then turned around with a sigh. "Well I'll know when he comes back. He never looks at me after." Kagome smirked. "I bet he'd suck at poker." With that Kagome headed back towards the house.

~~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the Past...

Inu yasha entered the hut, and covered his ear.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!"

"Sango calm down." Miroku turned to the recovering Hanyou. "Inu yasha, did you two get better aquinted?"

Inu yasha. Blink. "what?"

*SMACK*

Sango put down her boomerang. "Miroku." She scolded.

Miroku at this point was falling off the wall Sango smacked him into. Looking at Inu yasha. "So what were you doing, and where is lady Kagome?"

Inu yasha sighed. "You see it all started with this hole in the wall..."

An hour later.......

"And that's what happened."

"And you still didn't have sex!" Miroku looked on in disbleif.

Inu yasha rolled his eyes. "No! We didn't have sex! How many times are you going to ask that?!"

"Your sure?"

"Looks like 11." Sango pointed out.

Inu yasha glared." Yes Miroku, I'm quite sure I know I didn't have sex!"

Miroku blinked. "Ok then." *yeah right.*

He continued to glare after Miroku gave him that knowing smirk.

Sango sighed. "Miroku get over it. He didn't have sex with Kagome."

"Listen I need to get back. I'll check back in a week if we aren't back sooner." With that Inu yasha left.

*I can't believe that took an hour.* Inu yasha entered the forest and was about to take the path leading to the well when he noticed soemthing in the air. * A soul catcher. Kikyou must be near by.* Inu yasha turned to follow it..

He spotted her leaning against a tree. She turned to look at him. "Inu yasha."

He crossed the distance. "Hey Kikyou. We need to talk."

"Indeed we do." Kikyou said straightening. "I missed you Inu yasha."

Inu yasha glanced down at his wrist in alarm, then back up. "..yeah..missed you too. Umm..."

"Inu yasha soon it will be time and... " She paused from her errie voice. "...What do you keep looking at?" Kikyou said sounding somewhat irratated.

Inu yasha looked up from his wrist watch looking innocent. "Oh just this clock. I need to be getting back, let me get to the point. I'm not going to hell with you. See yeah." And started walking back.

Kikyou sputtered. "W-w-what!?!"

Inu yasha stopped and looked over his shoulder. "I have to go to work. Listen I'd love to chat with you about the numberous reason why but I really have to go. She's waiting. I'll see you again later."

"What. Wait why?" Sounding desparate to know.

Inu yasha gave her a heart felt smile. "I realized I have a reason to live. I just want to live, and not in hell. The past is the past." He paused." We've changed, and I think it's time to let go." At her sad expression. " Hey it's doesn't mean I hate you, I'll always care about you."

"It's her isn't it? That's why you won't go with me." She said bitterly.

Turning to face her. "Kikyou. I do feel something for Kagome. But even if Kagome wasn't in my life, that doesn't mean I shouldn't live."

Kikyou bowed her head down. Her dark bangs shadowing her eyes. After a moment she nodded in understanding. "just tell me this.." She looked up. ".. do you love her more than you love me?"

Inu yasha was surprised by the questioned. " I don't know..it's just different. I don't know..I guess in a way."

Kikyou nodded again looking into the distance to her side.

"I have to go. I'll see you again." Looking somewhat torn.

Kikyou glanced over. "Till next time." With her words Inu yasha headed off to the well. She watched till he disappeared from view. "till next time." She repeated to herself as she headed in the opposite direction.

***********************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~********* *******************

Back in Kagome's time:

Kagome stood nerviously before the well. *He's been gone a long time. And he knows we have to work. Did he..did he get into some trouble? Maybe I should go through and..* Her thoughts were cut short as she saw Inu yasha appear in the well. *whew* He jumped up and landed next to her. "Inu Yasha. Your just in the nick of time. So go grab your clothes and let's head over...Hey you ok?" Kagome said now concerned.

Inu yasha had a somber expression on his face, then he looked over to be meet Kagome's concerned eyes. Her gental scent surrounded him. His face turned thoughtful, and a small smile played across his lips. "Yeah just fine. Let me get changed into my clothes and we'll go." It only took a moment and they were on their way.

Kagome looked at her watched as they approached the stairs leading out of the temple. " Gah! We better run or we'll be late."

" I have a better idea." Inu yasha knelt down. "Come on get on, were late."

Kagome just smiled and did as told. He took off and they flew of in the afternoon heat. Jumping from occasional trees in the park till they reached roof tops. Kagome clung to him, and laughed as they did a flip. Inu yasha smiled and glaced back at her. * Yes, I do feel something more with Kagome. Something deeper. When I'm around her..I feel warm. I feel home.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End ch 5.

Sounds like a great ending huh. No I'm not that cruel...there's more chapters ahead. This chapter is a little more serious than I intended, but I like it. Let me know what you think. Next Chapter is called "Discover This!" Don't miss it.

NOW REVIEW and let me know this was worth 3 days of work. Oh and let me know if you want to see more comedy or fluff. This is getting a little more serious then I had orginally planned. Who knew a joke fic could do that. *shruggs* Let me know.