InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome ❯ Kagome ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Kagome:

One-Shot:

Kikyou sat in her usual tree in the Sacred Mountain. She watched as Kagome stomped angrily away from Inuyasha. He ran after her, trailing ever so much like the puppy he was. Kikyou strained to hear more clearly.

"Kagome, I am sorry. I don't know what I was thinking." Kikyou watched as Inuyasha pulled Kagome into a tight embrace. She wanted to avert her eyes but she couldn't. Kagome smiled up at him, and she melted to his touch.

"Just don't do it again." she continued to smile in the dazzling way she always did. She reached her delicate hands up and scratched Inuyasha's ears.

"Kagome," he looked like he was trying to get her to stop, but only half heartedly. Kikyou finally turned away her gaze.

`§¤` Kagome, Kagome, Kagome, Kagome
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Kagome, Kagome, Kagome, Kagome
Please don't take him just because you can
Your beauty is beyond compare
With flaming locks of auburn hair
With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green
Your smile is like a breath of spring
Your voice is soft like summer rain
And I cannot compete with you, Kagome `§¤`

Kikyou chanced another glance at the 'happy couple'. Inuyasha was now purring softly and nestling against Kagome's neck. Kikyou let out a soft sight. Careful not to make to much noise. She knew Inuyasha could hear anything within a five mile radius.

"Hmmm, Kagome." Inuyasha moaned as she continued to rub his ears gently. Just they way he liked it.

`§¤` He talks about you in his sleep
There's nothing I can do to keep
From crying when he calls your name, Kagome`§¤`

`§¤`And I can easily understand
How you could easily take my man
But you don't know what he means to me, Kagome `§¤`

Kikyou remembered the day she met Inuyasha. He seemed to be stalking her.

"I know you are there. I can see you." I stated wryly.

"Feh! I was just waiting for you to leave so I could take the jewel!" Inuyasha stood up and walked over to me. His light hair bouncing gently in the breeze. He was the vision of perfect, and I knew from that moment I wanted to be with him for the rest of my human life.

We spent weeks together. Always laughing and joking around. He seemed to open up to me, and I felt like I could be myself with him. I wanted him to be human and live with me forever. That is when I thought he had agreed.

Kikyou snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of Kagome's giggling. Inuyasha was on top of her, tickling her apparently.

`§¤`Kagome, Kagome, Kagome, Kagome
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Kagome, Kagome, Kagome, Kagome
Please don't take him just because you can `§¤`

Kikyou couldn't take it anymore. She quietly descended the tree and threw a large rock far away from her general direction. Inuyasha heard it, which was her only plan.

"I'll be right back." Kagome sighed with sadness.

"Hurry back."

"Hai." he got off of her and ran in the direction of the noise. Kagome sat up and brushed herself off. She then proceeded to fix her hair. Kikyou advanced while she had a chance.

"Kagome."

"Kikyou." she gasped in shock at the site of her 'other self'.

"Kagome I have to talk to you. This sounds odd I am sure. How can I word this?" she looked to make sure Inuyasha was still out of the way.

`§¤`You could have your choice of men
But I could never love again
He's the only one for me, Kagome `§¤`

"Kagome, I've seen you with Kouga. I am sure in your own time, you have boys drooling over you. Please, don't take Inuyasha from me.

`§¤` I had to have this talk with you
My happiness depends on you
And whatever you decide to do, Kagome `§¤`

"You see Kagome? He is all I've ever had. When I first met him, I didn't know love. I was raised to protect the jewel. Not to love. To live forever in loneliness. But Inuyasha changed that, he showed me what I was missing. Do you understand? I know I am, not alive, but my eternal happiness depends on what you do when Inuyasha comes back through those trees." Kikyou's voice held no emotion, as usual. But Kagome saw something she had never seen before, Kikyou was crying. Her face was glistening in the light of the moon.

`§¤` Kagome, Kagome, Kagome, Kagome
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Kagome, Kagome, Kagome, Kagome
Please don't take him even though you can
Kagome, Kagome `§¤`

Kagome felt tears of her own descend down her face. She felt sympathy for the woman before her. She heard Inuyasha brush through the trees.

"Must've been a squirrel or something Hun." he looked came into view. "Kikyou!" his face widened with horror. He then realized both girls were crying. "What's going on?"

"Inuyasha." Kagome looked again to Kikyou, her face still glistening with tears she had neglected to wipe away. "You belong with Kikyou. Here is the jewel." Kagome removed the jewel from her neck and cupped it in Inuyasha's hands. "Good bye." with that she turned and walked away. Back to the well, to her home.

Inuyasha stood dumbfounded at what happened. He looked back to Kikyou. "What did you say to her?" he asked, his tone wasn't as angry as Kikyou thought it would be.

"I simply begged her not to take you away from me. We belong together Inuyasha. For the rest of eternity." Inuyasha saw more tears, he thought she couldn't show emotion. He glanced back at the direction of the well. He looked down at the jewel in his hand. Kikyou had tried to change him fifty years ago. She wanted him to be human. Kagome loved him now, just as he was.

"I am sorry Kikyou. It isn't her choice." Kikyou fell to the ground and cried softly. Inuyasha turned to walk away. "I am sorry Kikyou." he ran off to the well, to find Kagome.

"Kagome..." Kikyou continued to cry. The first emotion she had felt since her untimely demise, was the same one she had died with. Hurt and betrayal. How ironic.
§¤ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

o0o0o0owww my back hurts!

Sorry... I hope you like the Fic. I really do feel bad for Kikyou, even though all I write is fics about Inu and Kag. I really do feel for her... I know this one was mean of me, but Inuyasha presented a lovely point. It was his heart, not Kagome's or Kikyou's... *sigh* anyway, I am glad I got this one posted the same night as On My Own (if you haven't read it go read it... and all my other fics!!!! bwahahahaa) anyway... back to writing my other two fanfic's.. well at least finishing up the first chapter and layouts... *sigh* too much work (but it's fun!!!)

Good night everyone!!!

Thank you again Dolly Parton for your lovely Song Jolene which I butchered by changing to 'Kagome' but poetic liberties had to be taken in this instance. Sorry, but thank you for your song.

Thank you Rumiko for your lovely well developed characters which I love to use over and over again ^_^

Thank you 'fans'.. my readers I love you guys!