InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Keeno ❯ the shining star ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
 
Chapter one
 
 
The Shining Star lit the darkness like a candle. One wondered through an ancient forest. She did not see the radiance of the moon, only the darkness that shrouded around her. She couldn't hear anything over the loud screeching of owls as they flew near the tops of the trees.
She had walked a great distance before she saw a bright glowing light that seemed to call to her, in reaction she began running, running as fast as she could, to her it was like flying unknowing that she could run so fast. What seemed like a few feet away from the light, she tried to stop but for some reason she couldn't, it was like the source of the like pulled her like a magnet to a refrigerator. Before she knew it she found herself falling, falling into the light.
When the light went behind her, she noticed that she was falling out of the sky. Falling closer and closer to the ground, she was headed straight for a large forest. Bracing herself as best she could she hit a treetop, landing in the tree a wild pain shot through her body like lightning. Her left wrist's pain stayed as the rest of the pain faded away. Looking around she saw she was a good distance from the tree that she could not even think about trying getting down for if she was too high to jump or she'd break something else, she was stuck!
“Hey! You!” a handsome male voice called from in her mind.
She looked around to see if someone had seen her, below her stood a magnificent unicorn. He had a shining black coat, mane, and tail, with a long golden horn the looked like it was reaching to her. He nickered and pawed the ground when she saw him.
The voice came back, “Yes! You! Jump down from there!”
The girl looked down at the unicorn like he was out of his mind, the unicorn only stared back at her pawing at the ground.
“Yes that's me. Now jump,” called the voice now irritated.
The girl shook her head. The unicorn could see the expression on her face; she was scared without a doubt.
“O-okay, human, what is your name?” he asked.
“S-Sam.” she said aloud nervously.
“Sam? Well Sam, jump down, I'll catch so don't worry,” the black unicorn pawed and kicked the ground impatiently.
“O-okay,” Sam said hesitantly, and then quickly asked, “wait, how are you going to catch me?”
“Aim your landing toward my back.” He said even more impatiently.
“Are you CRAZY?” Sam yelled trying to be reasonable.
“Don't yell like that you fool!” he shouted through her mind. The words hit her like a fist causing her to fall from the branch. She let out a small yelp as she fell. The unicorn shifted his body positioning himself under her, and braced himself for the catch.