InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kismet ❯ The pretty nice Inuyasha ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha bla di bla bla! ^^

A/N: Hello! Thank you pples soooo much for your reviews! I'm so happy.... ;.; Well I promised a fast update if I got lots of reviews so here you go! Although dont expect a chapter a day in the future, my poor little scedual couldn't handle it u_u But anyways here's the new chapter, and me hoping Maryland will have a snow day tomorrow ^^

Parent: I don't think so, the weather report suggest's against it.

SNOW: O.o Shhhh! Shhh, you non-believer!

"Kismet"

Chapter four

The pretty nice Inuyasha

Inuyasha POV

I was so absorbed in staring into space that I didn't notice the girl fall back onto my shirt; What I noticed was when she went limp. The sudden weight of a light figure collapsed in my arms and I looked down to find her asleep. 'Great' I thought. 'This'll go over wonderfully with the villagers. "Oh here, I found your child" "Ah, youkai! Kill it!"' (a/n: like the rat in the 11th manga lol)I played that thought annoyedly over in my mind. What was I going to do with her? I thought about waking her but she looked so dead tiered; Not to mention peaceful. and cute. and-woe, woe, woe, where'd that come from?! (a/n: he he he he he. Pedophile ^^ lol, sorry couldn't help it. Can you tell I'm hyper today?)

After a while and a lot of strange self debating, I decided to stay with her until she woke up. It'd be easier to bring her back to her village when she was awake anyway, considering I didn't know where it was ~ ~;; and it would make the villagers think I was nice if I brought back one of their kids. I cringed at that. (a/n: see same ol Inuyasha ^^. sorry I'll shut up) I propped her up on my back and carried her swiftly to a nearby tree where I let her down against it and sat next to her. I usually sat up in the trees but Kagome would probably fall and I could watch her better from here. And then I noticed something; I used her name.

* * *

Kagome POV

I woke up the next morning to a warm caress of sunlight on my face. I smiled constantly but didn't open my eyes. I remembered being saved by that boy; Inuyasha, what a nice name. But when I tried to remember more I couldn't, and figured that I had fallen asleep. It was then that I awoke. I blinked a few times to let my eyes adjust to the light and realized I was still in the forest. The sunlight I felt earlier had been from the gaps in the tree's towering above me; Everywhere I looked things just seemed to radiate with warmth and life, and I couldn't help but feel happy.

Just as I was admiring the lush feeling of the grass I felt something shift against me. I turned my head to see Inuyasha sleeping peacefully. I stared for a moment at his face; He had such a pretty face and I wondered why he thought his youki was so apparent, when there were such ugly and evil youkai's like the snake demon from yesterday. Just by looking at his sleeping form I almost couldn't believe he was the same arrogant, proud boy from yesterday, but his ears suggested otherwise.

Now for the second time I was looking at those white, fuzzy dog ears. I didn't know why but I could stop staring; In the time I took watching them I realized that with every breath he took, they would twitch ever-so slightly. It was now that, that overwhelming desire to touch them was becoming unbearable and I blushed. 'Well since he is asleep, I guess it would be okay' I reached over and held the ears between my thumb and four-finger, rubbing them gently. I blushed again; They were just so soft, and I noticed vaugly that he was starting to purr; Could he do that? Just then he stirred and I jumped back immediately.

Inuyasha POV

I awoke to the strange sensation of someone fondling my ears. I wasn't fully awake yet, so instinctively I began to purr. I was enjoying the feeling but then the question of who was touching my ears dawned on me and I stirred as I opened my eyes. Kagome. She was sitting back down in front of me when I first blinked and I realized that it had been she who was touching my ears. My eye's widened. "What were you doing?" I asked, sounding more annoyed than I had intended to.

I watched her closely for an answer and for some strange reason she blushed. 'That's odd' I thought. "Um, I was touching your ears." she said, blushing even more. What was it with human's and this blushing deal? I thought about her answer and asked, "Why?" she blushed even redder if that was even possible and suddenly found her lap very interesting. "They looked so soft, and I just wanted to feel them." she said still staring hard into her lap and blushing. I arched an eyebrow. What was so embarrassing about that? Yeah, it was weird but still.

Neither of us said anything for a moment and I looked the other way. "Thank you, again." she said, and I turned back to face her. "For saving me." She smiled and for some reason my cheeks became warm. I turned away quickly folding my arms. "Feh! I had a grudge against that youkai anyway; It's not like I went out of my way to save you or anything." she didn't say anything so I looked over from the corner of my eye to see her smiling at me. I turned back and quickly stood and she did the same.

As I started walking away she didn't follow me, and I was getting annoyed so I turned back to her. "Are you coming or not?" I growled. She didn't seem bothered and just continued to smile as she ran up to my side and followed my lead.

Kagome POV

I ran up to Inuyasha's side and flashed a smile. He just turned back ahead and continued to walk but it didn't bother me, because by now I had figured him out. He was obviously a youkai (what with the supper-human strength and other physical trait's) and a stubborn and arrogant one at that, but I know he would never really hurt me.

Despite his strange reaction to my thanks earlier, I could tell he was lying. His eyebrow had twitched and that's a dead give-away when someone is lying. I could understand why he would lie though; From what's I'd heard about youkai's, their supposed to be extremely malevolent, and for one not to be is considered a disgrace. Plus if I were him I wouldn't want to let my guard down; Especially to a little girl.

I smiled at the thought, then realized I didn't know where we were going. "Um, Inuyasha?" I asked looking up at him from a tilted view. He grunted. "What?" I continued to gaze at him from an angle. "Where are we going?" He didn't turn to me nor did he shift in any way, but just kept walking forward as he answered. "I'm taking you to the nearest village so you don't get yourself killed or anything. The people there might know what to do with you." he was sounding annoyed but I knew how bad he was with words already and translated it myself. 'I'm taking you to a village where you can be protected and quite possibly be recognized and brought safely home.'

I smiled to myself. He was pretty nice after all.



@ @ @

Yeah I know horribly short, but if we get a snow day I promise I'll write a really long one! So pray for me! ^^ Anyway midterms are next week so all next week instead of spending valuable writing time on the comp. I'll be studying. T_T They just had to give us midterms this year! Not last year with the freshman, or next year when were softmores, but this year......I swear out grade is cursed. Oh well. But anyway I hope you liked this chapter and remember to REVIEW!!! and pray for me to have snow so I can write for you! n_n