InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kiss the Rain ❯ The Acceptance ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wingzero: If you want the disclaimer, go back to chapter one.

Inu Yasha: Now will I decide?

Wingzero: >.>U Baka inu.

Summary: Kagome or Kikyo. Inu Yasha must decide on which girl. Caught in the rain, he takes refuge in a nearby cave only to find an unlikely source of advice.

*************************************************************** ***************

The soaked hanyou muttered to himself, grumbling about the weather and how fate was cruel to him, particularly that day. What he didn't know was that fate was exceptionally cruel for his unknown companion was the last youkai he wanted to be stuck with. When his anger slowly diminished, he noticed another scent and how cold it was becoming. He shivered not at the familiarity of the scent but how the cold temperature suddenly felt.

Inu Yasha's ear twitched around, trying to locate the sound of the other. `Who is there?' was his first thought. `I should be able to recognize his scent or at least his species.' The hanyou paused in this thought and sniffed the air, intent on finding out his mysterious companion. `I know it's a youkai, male.'

The older youkai chuckled at the inu hanyou. The mutt was apparently clueless as to his identity for he was sniffing the air. Unfortunately for him, the rain made scents difficult to decipher even for him. `Maybe I should help him out a bit or should I let him suffer a bit?'

One clawed hand reached over to the handle of Tesusaiga. Golden eyes narrowed. He thought he was going to fight to stay in the nice, dry cave. Mentally, he prepared to defend himself by transforming his sword into its larger form when the stranger spoke up.

"Put away your sword, puppy. You're in no condition to fight and I'm no moood to fight either."

"Shut up and draw your weapon," Inu Yasha growled very loudly. Out of all the people in the world, he had to be stuck with him. He would rather share a cave with Kouga, aka the Wimpy Wolf.

The figure walked closer towards the hanyou. "Oh really? You can't even hold your sword still. How do you plan on fighting me?" His golden eyes showed amusement and his lips formed a smirk.

"I'll find a way," Inu Yasha insisted. The other was right even if he hated to admit it. He didn't stand a stance in his current condition. His sword felt rather heavy and he couldn't stop shaking.

The older youkai noticed how cold the hanyou really was. He sighed to himself and picked up his spare traveling clothes. Inu Yasha should really change into dry clothing soon. Besides the point, only he had the right to kill the hanyou and not some mere disease.

Before Inu Yasha knew what was happening, the older youkai started to remove his haori. "What do you think you're doing?" He managed to squeak out.

In a calm and steady voice, he replied, "You need to change into dry clothes before you become sick." To think, he was actually capable of being nice?

"As if," Inu Yasha scoffed as he attempted to swat a hand and then he sneezed. He was caught and reluctantly allowed himself to be changed into dry clothes. "Why?"

"If you are going to die, it will be by my sword," the youkai stated with his ever so monotone voice.

"Figures," Inu Yasha mumbled as he took a seat away from the mouth of the cave. "You'd say something like that." He wasn't going to let his guard down while he was around.

The older youkai rolled his eyes. "I do have my honor. I will not kill you in your sleep, because it will only make me a coward and weak, which I certainly am not."

Inu Yasha curled up into a ball and tried to get some sleep, but he hadn't eaten in such a long time. `Maybe there is something edible in here?' The hanyou stretched out his limbs and was about to head towards the back of the cave.

"What do you think you're doing?" The youkai inquired with an annoyed voice.

"It's none of your business," the younger snapped. He wanted food and he wanted it now. Besides, he cursed his human weakness for nourishment.

The older youkai was about to retort when he heard an amusing sound. He picked up his pack once again and tossed over a small package.

Sniffing at it, Inu Yasha tried to figure out what kind of poison, blade, or dangerous object was in it. He had to control himself for the smell of food was very tempting. "Why do you carry human food?"

Yes, why did he carry human food when he had no use for it? "Rin insisted I take some with me, because I planned on being away for the day."

"Rin," Inu Yasha said thoughtfully tapping his chin with his claw. "Wasn't she the human you have in your company?" He received a nod in response. "I thought you hated humans."

"She is an exception," the voice became cold, indicating he didn't want to talk about the subject further. "Eat."

Hesitating for a second, the hanyou unwrapped the package. It happened to be several rice balls. He picked up one and nibbled on the morsel before completely devouring it.

The youkai had a small smile on his face, albeit a very small one, while he watched the other stuff his face with the food. He made sure the hanyou didn't see his smile.

Once Inu Yasha finished his meal, he cleaned himself and the area around him. In a million years, he would never thought he would be saying this to him. "Thanks."

The other had to strain his hearing to hear it over the sound of the storm. He glanced towards the mouth of the cave and then his cave mate, who yawned loudly. He picked up a blanket and draped it over his brother. Originally he had one, because he didn't expect company.

"Go to sleep," the youkai ordered but with the same cold voice, though it had lost its edge.

"Why?" Inu Yasha pulled the blanket around him and curled up. His golden eyes settled on his current companion.

"Why what?"

"Why all this?" The hanyou pressed on. He wanted to know why him out of all youkai was being nice to a half-breed.

`Why am I being nice to him?' The youkai thought to himself. `After all he caused me, I should hate him. Then why does that young youkai's words ring in my mind?' He clearly remembered the conversation he had with a certain fox youkai and no, it wasn't Shippo. Why would he want to talk to the runt? `I can't blame Inu Yasha for being born. After all, it wasn't his fault for coming into this world and ruining my life. My father and his human mother are responsible, but why should I stop holding a grudge against him?'

"Hello???" Inu Yasha asked when he received no answer.

"I don't know why I'm doing this," the youkai replied honestly. His golden eyes met another set of golden eyes. "Just go to sleep."

"Whatever you say," Inu Yasha mumbled and yawned. He swore his brother had shown some sort of compassion and was the older brother he always wanted. "Night, Sesshoumaru."

The Lord of the Western lands waited until his brother drifted to sleep, which didn't take long. "Good night, little brother. Sleep well."

*************************************************************** ***************

(Back at Kaede's Hut)

Miroku had finally regained consciousness. When he glanced around, he noticed someone was missing or rather two people were. Kagome had gone back to her time and no one knew when she was going to return. He doubted she will return any time soon as she and the other missing person were in a heated fight. Speaking of which, the other combatant had not arrived and it was already raining, badly.

Kaede and Shippo returned from their trip, once the rain had started. They managed to get back to the hut before their clothes were completely soaked. Shippo naturally shook off the water from his clothes, spraying everyone. Kaede was currently attending to the herbs the two gathered from nearby. Shippo was content on drawing pictures with the materials Kagome brought on her latest visit.

Sango was brooding off in the corner. It had been awhile since the rain started and she knew the hanyou was most likely caught in it. She was worried for her friend, even though he refused to admit it. This strangely arranged group had become her family. She couldn't bear to lose any of them, even the grumpy hanyou.

"Has Inu Yasha returned?" Miroku asked in a serious tone. He shoved his hands into his sleeves to keep them warm.

"No, has not," Kaede replied as Sango was caught up in her thoughts and Shippo wasn't paying any attention.

"I see," Miroku said. `Inu Yasha will no doubt seek temporary shelter. It's not like he hasn't done this before, but why am I worried about him? He's a full hanyou at this time… wait a second, isn't tonight the full moon?' He coughed to get the attention of the others. "Is tonight the full moon?"

"Oh sh*t." Was the comment the others made.

"I completely forgot, tonight is his human night," Sango growled as she hit her hand against her head. `No wonder why I was worried. Tonight, he won't have his demon strength to back him up and who know what will take advantage of it.'

"We must look for him!" Miroku announced with such authority. He picked up his staff and something to keep him dry.

"Nay, child," Kaede said standing up. "What good would ye do if ye were caught? It would be best if ye stayed put."

"But we don't know if he's safe," Sango protested this time. She didn't want to lose any more of her family, even if they weren't related through blood. She lost her brother to Naraku, though one of these days she was going to get him back, her brother of course.

"If ye were to search for him, would ye be able to find him before the storm clears?" Kaede also wanted to search for him, but she knew they would only be placing themselves in danger. "What happens if ye were caught and Inu Yasha had to search for you?"

"As much as I hate to admit it, we have no choice but to stay and hope Inu Yasha has found a good place to hide," Miroku said, slumping down. He couldn't stay mad at the hanyou for long, even if he upset Kagome. They were pretty much in the same boat when it came to women in general. He was the pervert and Inu Yasha was the idiot.

Unknown to them, a fox youkai was listening on their conversation. Shippo had stopped drawing his pictures momentarily when he overheard them talking about Inu Yasha. Even if they fought most of the time, okay, all the time, he still liked the hanyou. Sometimes, he had come to think of Inu Yasha as a second father. His birth father had been killed by the thunder brothers, who in turn were killed by the hanyou.

`You had better come back to us.'

*************************************************************** ***************

Sesshoumaru was started when his brother's hair started turning black. Taking a closer look, he noticed the ears were normal human ears. His fingers were not claws, and there was no scent of demon on him.

"So tonight is your human night," Sesshoumaru said to himself. Inu Yasha was fast asleep and completely unaware of what night of the month it was.

The youkai lord knew once a month every hanyou lost his demon blood, transforming into a full human. He could take advantage of this information, but then he remembered the conversation he had with the fox. If he took out his enemy while he was weak, then he himself was weak. That was completely unacceptable. If he was going to take out his brother, no half-brother, then he wanted Inu Yasha to be in peak condition, meaning he wasn't going after him on his human nights.

"You're more trouble than your worth, little brother," Sesshoumaru whispered with amusement.

He studied the sleeping form of Inu Yasha. Out of all the times Sesshoumaru had seen his brother, this was the first time he saw him so relaxed and calm. The other times he was angry, pissed off, and itching for a fight.

For tonight, he let go of his anger towards his brother.

For tonight, he would allow his brother to live.

For tonight, he protected his brother from any harm.

For tonight, he treated his brother with love…..

Wingzero: *grins sheepishly* Maybe I shouldn't have made it that obvious.

DS: No kidding.

Wingzero: >.>U *pulls out a humungous hammer from her pocket*

DS: O.O! Eeep!! *runs away*

Wingzero: ^^U My yami, such a yellow chicken.

Goku: Who are you?

Wingzero: *looks over a the brown haired saru* Awww, how cute! *huggles him*

Goku: o.0 Do I know you?

Sanzo: Hands off! *is about to use his trusty paper fan on Wing*

Hakkai: I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Sanzo: Why not? *anime vein*

Hakkai: You do realize she's an authoress and a fan girl?

Sanzo: *puts away his fan*

Wingzero: *shoves Goku into Sanzo's arms* I think you two make a cute couple!

Goku: *blush*

Sanzo: Whatever.

Gojyo: *looks hopefully at Wing*

Wingzero: ^^ *nudges Hakkai a little too hard, causing him to fall onto Gojyo*

Hakkai: *blush*

Gojyo: *winks at Wing*