InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kyoujin Bishou ❯ Kenshin ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3.

After dropping Kagome Off at a large shiny building, all the van’s occupants fell silent except for a now snoring Midori .

After a few minutes Kiyoshi tired of the silence. He started to ask Soujiro questions.

“Oi, Seta!”

Soujiro took a deep cleansing breath, this man has found the teen’s nerve and is currently trying to get on it.

“Yes, Mr. Higurashi?”

The man took a left.

“you wanna find Himura, right?”

Soujiro nodded.

“Yes sir.”

Well kid, your in luck”

Soujiro shifted so he’s leaning on the window as Kiyoshi continues.

“He’s an old friend of mine, gunna visit now.”

Soujiro turned to look at the passing scenery.

“I appreciate that Mr. Higurashi. But please. You don’t have to go though all this trouble on my behalf.”

“Naw, Seta. It’s no problem. Ya got at tell’em what ya saw considering it’s his job at exterminate those zombies ya found and I gotta contact the boss while Kenshin is take’in your statement. Oh before I forget, were ya bit by e‘m Seta?”

Kiyoshi took a left as Soujiro answered his question.

“The Ghouls?” Kiyoshi nods ”No.”

“Good.”

Kiyoshi switched on the radio and They drove the rest of the way to the Kimaya dojo in silence. Once they got there Kiyoshi lift to use the phone

The dojo was an old medium sized building in the traditional Japanese style on the outside but a lot bigger on the inside. It had apparently been added on to since Soujiro had been given is information. He didn’t even know what half this stuff was! The only normal part of the whole place was the training grounds themselves. That’s were he waited for “Himura Kenshin” to finish his lesson.

Soujiro was confused, well, more than he was already. Shishio-sama had described Himura-san as short, long red hair, pale, effeminate, cross-shaped scar, violet eyes, polite, always carries a reverse blade and archaic speech.

This Himura-san was different. Sure he was short and his eyes were violet but he had no cross shaped scar and his hair was cropped and blue/black. His skin was tanned and he was obviously didn’t speak in the self deprecation terms of the old samurai class.

While he observed the man Souta sat next to him and quietly spoke.

“Hey Soujiro-san.”

Soujiro turned to the boy and quietly answered him.

“Yes, Souta?”

“Um,” The boy nervously scratches the back of his head, “ Your from the Mieji Restoration right? After the Bakumetsu era?”

The swordsman nods.

Souta shifts on his off white cushion as Himura’s wife approached and served tea after everyone thanked her, Souta continued.

“Have you heard of some guy named ShiShio or a lady named Yumi?”

Soujiro hadn’t expected this.

“May I ask why?”

Souta licked his lips and shifted on the as he continued

“I have to do a report for school on an ancestor. And Kagome and I are direct decedents!”

Soujiro looked suspiciously at the boy as he sipped his tea.

“Why do you think I know them?”

Souta grew exited and shared his knowledge.

“Oh! I read some read some where that he had an army thing and his right hand man was named Soujiro Seta, he was really, really fast! But he disappeared and if your him than you could help me with my report on…”

Aiko, annoyed with how rude her son was being interrupted.

“Souta. Settle down. Please forgive him Soujiro -san, he is very excitable”

Souta crossed his arms and looked away mumbling something that sounded a lot like “Hypocrite” under his breath. Aiko clenched her jaw and narrowed her eyes and Souta looked at her as innocently as he could since Midori chose that time to jump on him. The boy than proceeded to wrestle with her and everybody settled down to finish their tea.

A short time later Kenshin had finished his lesson. He walked over and greeted his guests.

“Hello Guys!”

He gave Aiko a kiss on the cheek and caught Midori as she made a flying leap into him in a last ditch effort to get away from Souta. Midori situated herself in Kenshin’s arms and sticks her tongue out. Seeing her tease Souta he let her down Souta grins and Midori runs, Souta hot on her heels. Kenshin turned around and greets Soujiro with a smile as he sat across from him.

“Hello, Soujiro is it?”

Soujiro nodded and watched Kenshin take something out and writes in it.

“The wife tells me you had an encounter with zombies and that you were looking for me?”

Soujiro nodded. He Thought about what Souta had said about a report and decided to use that.

“ I am doing a report. On Bottousai Himura-san.”

Kenshin nods.

“Ok, but first down to business. Tell me about your encounter.”

Soujirou did just that, with a little tweaking of course.