InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Laconic ❯ Ignorance Isn't Always Bliss ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ignorance Isn't Always Bliss
 
The answer came, unexpectedly, and spun his thoughts around like a top, flinging out another question in his surprise. Blinking, he leaned forward to stare into her eyes. She wasn't crazy, was she?
 
“Of course,” she answered, appearing confused. “Why?”
 
Shrugging, he pulled his mouth into a smile. “No…reason.”
 
Cocking her head to the side, she appraised him briefly, as if she was uncertain of his state of mind. He was beginning to think this was not quite the best start to a relationship.
 
“A moment, please, young maiden,” he said, clasping her hands in his and kissing them. Winking, he turned away and quickly caught the arm of the hanyou stalking by, who was looking unusually annoyed. Miroku couldn't possibly think of why.
 
“Help me,” he muttered, gripping his comrade near the elbow.
 
“Oi!” Inuyasha complained, before he removed the monk's hand none too gently. “What do you need help, for? You got what you wanted, didn't you?”
 
Miroku shook his head. “You don't understand, Inuyasha. I…” He looked over his shoulder and back. “Surely you and…Kikyou, did…`experiment' at least -”
 
What!
 
Licking his lips and letting slip a little of his composure, he leaned closer to Inuyasha, which was closer than the latter would have liked. “Inuyasha,” he hissed, “I'm asking you for advice.”
 
Inuyasha stared at him.
 
“I'm a virgin!