InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lady Unicorn ❯ The Fox ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: First off, I am not intending lemons, though that doesn't mean that the rating won't be subject to change. I might just include them, depending on how I feel.

I'm sure some of you might be thinking I am absolutely horrible when I have four fanfics that have been waiting for me to complete them for waaay more time than is necessary, but I have a good reason! >>... I am with the child and my fiancee says he doesn't want me writing anything sad or bad while I am pregnant because the baby can feel what I am feeling. And if you disagree, then you've obviously never been pregnant! It's so true. So, I wanted to go for a slightly sad but romantic fic without it being dark. And I will try and continue "Silence the Fairytale" very soon, since that one wasn't bad. I have already started the next chapter for "Sleep Paralysis", so expect that sometime towards March of next year, maybe April. Now, on with the show!





Prolouge: The Fox



A small head full of red hair poked out of the haystack, looking around himself wearily for any sign he had been spotted. This was the closest he had come to being caught in only Kami knew how long.

His little hands scrambled to grab hold on to something, tyring to make his escape more successful. A large loaf of bread that had been much too tempting was poking out the top of his shirt, and an emerald coin purse had been tied to his trousers. He was thrifty, and could never pass up an easy opportunity for the next meal.

Unfortunately, his timing had been off as a guard had been staring right at him as he made his latest exscursion.

"Halt!" The voice had been rough and demanding, quick to march toward the shocked child, who quickly bolted.

They didn't call him 'The Fox' for just any reason. He was clever and quick on his feet, and he wasted no time in finding a hiding spot among the horse's feed.

That was a lucky thing about being small-you could manage even the oddest of situations.

Grabbing onto the tail of a sturdy mare, he pulled himself up. Taking a quick assess around him, he bolted forward towards the edge of the village, watching as the guards behind him searched for him throughout the main square. As if he was just stupid enough to stay there.

It turned out, he was just stupid enough. He had been too busy watching his back to actually watch where he was going.

"Aye, ya runt, you think you can run, do ye?" He gapped as he was roughly hoisted from his feet, his legs flailing as he grabbed onto the chainmail gloved hand. "Let me go, you bastard!" He cursed at the guard, trying to no avail to bite the man.

He simply cackled at his efforts.

"It seems we got a live one, fellows!" He called back towards his mates, one of which agitatedly stormed toward him.

"Let me have 'im, the damn bugger near bit me leg off!" He reached greedily for the child, anxiously drawing a dagger, making his intentions quite obvious.

"You burly sonufabitch, you'll never get away with this!" the boy yelled at him, all the while trying to swing as far away from the man's grasp as possible.

"No, no, Marely. We'll let the Warden deal with this one," the man who held him grinned devilishly, eyeing him as if he were bait on a hook.

The Fox swallowed.

The Warden's reputation far preceded him, and he wasn't know to be the kindest brute of the bunch.

Trembling was all the Fox could manage as he was lifted onto a horse and was taken to the dungeon to find his awaiting fate.