InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Laying Down the Law ❯ Help ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well, here's the second installment in my story. I know the gang thing has been done before, but I'm doing my best to make the plot line my own. I've also tried to make Kikyo less of a slut bitch and more of...well, you'll see.

DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha and all the characters here in cited are the creation and credited idea of Rumiko Takahashi. Basically, anything you recognize, I don't own.

The two girls pulled up to the gate of the Takeyama mansion, rolling down the rock pathway to the house. It was Victorian style, very beautiful, but quite the trouble to upkeep. There was a house staff of 14 maids and servants, along with 2 cooks and three gardeners.

As Rin pulled around to the front of the house, where two maids were waiting to help Kagome with her things, the small girl said, "Kags, sorry to dump you like this, but I have some business to take care of. Saki and Ai will show you to your room and stuff. Daddy apologizes for not being in town, but he had business elsewhere. He ought to be home in a few days."

Kagome noticed that Rin's smile faltered when she said this, but in a moment, it was back. "So later, right?" Rin asked cheerfully.'

"Yeah, later," Kagome responded easily, grabbing two suitcases in her hands before following the maids to the door. Rin sped off towards the gate, leaving Kagome alone with the gigantic mansion and all the servants.

Inside was your typical Richie Rich mansion scenario, marble floors, chandeliers, expensive paintings, polished wood banisters. Kagome and the two girls struggled up the massive stair case, passing several vases on pedestals on their way, and they finally collapsed in front of the third door on the second floor. Saki smiled and opened the room, ushering Kagome inside as Ai carried in all the luggage.

"If you need anything, just call us Ms. Kagome," Saki said in a sweet voice. "We'll leave you now."

The two maids disappeared out the door, closing it behind them and leaving a stunned Kagome in their wake. Her room was like a dream come true, a huge bed with taffeta canopy hanging over the posts. There was a dresser and a walk in closet, with a bathroom leading off to the side. From the door, Kagome could vaguely make out a stand alone bathtub in the bathroom, flanked on either side by cupid statues. Letting out a great sigh, Kagome wondered if life could get any better than this.

*!*!*!*

Rin drove for a few minutes until she was in the thick, dark streets of town, surrounded on all side by teenagers in leather and obnoxious young adults, beer bottles in hand. Upon seeing a familiar neon pink sign, Rin pulled over and parkede her Mercedes, putting on the necessary secuirty locks before stepping out with the air of an authority figure.

Ignoring the leering calls of a few wayward drunks, Rin ducked inside a door underneath the pink sign. The sign read: "Rock's Bar."

Inside, a thick haze of cigarette smoke filled Rin's nostrils and she felt oddly at ease. She'd smoked for some time, not avidly but enough to soothe her nerves, and just the scent of a cigarette could calm her down. Shady characters dwelled in the corners, nursing beers and leering at passing women, yet Rin didn't fear them. As leader of the Wildcats, she couldn't ear them.

The girl walked purposefully towards the bar, slapping the palm of her hand on the counter. When the old bar keep glanced up, staring at Rin through pin prick eyes enveloped by thick face flesh, she asked, "Kikyo here?"

"In the back," the man replied, returning to washing out a dismal looking glass.

Rin hopped over the bar and strutted into the dark back corridor, passing a sketchy bathroom and a few drunk men on her way. When she finally came to the back, the found several kegs of alcohol and three waitresses, sitting on the kegs with their skirts hiked up drinking Coronas. The most striking of the three girls threw her head back with laughter at something one of the blondes said, eyes sparkling and hair rippling like molten steel. Rin sighed; it was hard to tell Kikyo no and this certainly wouldn't be easy.

Kikyo would fascinate an artist, for the line of her body was like a glassy river, perfectly smooth, aligned and curvacious. Her skin was supple, pale, flawlessly smooth like a porcelain doll, and her eyes held the kindness and adventurous ardor of someone untainted by hardship. This wasn't to say Kikyo didn't endure any, for her family wasn't well off and her father couldn't pull his own weight to save his life, but she never complained. Her only downfall lay in her weakness for sex.

Rin called out, "Kikyo," in a commanding voice, catching the girl's attention instantly.

"Hey Rin," Kikyo replied happily, still laughing a little at the waitress's comment. "What's up?"

"I need to talk to you." When none of the girls move, Rin clarified sternly, "Alone."

There was a brief moment of motionless silent before the two other waitresses slid slowly of the kegs and left the room, staring at Rin curiously on their way out. They knew, by her commanding air and her jacket, that this was Rin Takeyama, leader of the Wildcats. She must be speaking with Kikyo on urgent Wildcat's business, since she seemed so severe. If only they knew.

Trying to ignore Kikyo's beauty, which made her likeable even to women, Rin hopped up on an adjacent keg and leaned back, bracing herself with her hands. "You might know why I'm here," she said smoothly, noncomitally, hoping the other girl did know.

Slightly frightened at Rin's severity, Kikyo managed to barely shake her head; she couldn't think of anything right then. The beautiful girl shifted her weight, upsetting the ruffled red skirt and corset top of her uniform; The Rock was by no means an honest bar and Rin knew it, but she would never object to Kikyo's private affairs. It was Kikyo's business what she did with her life after all...until she upset the delicate balance between the Fangs and Wildcats.

"Well," Rin began slowly, "You cheated on Inuyasha with a Tarantula and you should know what that means without me telling you."

Kikyo blinked, trying to remember what she'd been told upon initiation to the Wildcats. What was it that they'd said? Something about betrayal leading to dismissal...but this was by no means betrayal. Sex was sex after all, Kikyo thought, beautiful, incredible sex. At just the thought of her weakness, the impassioned, sweaty sensation of two bodies colliding in a marvelous explosion of color and animalistic cries, Kikyo shuddered. The thought made her want to have sex again right then.

Seeing that Kikyo was becoming unfocused, Rin spoke again. "Kikyo, are you listening to me?"

The pretty girl snapped out of her reverie, nodding slowly. She didn't even look the slightest bit ashamed, Rin noted. Disgraceful. And yet Rin still couldn't feel any hatred for this girl. Her friend, Kikyo.

When Rin turned to meet eyes with Kikyo, her chocolate eyes dancing with Kikyo's sandy brown ones, Kikyo knew something was amiss. Just the way Rin held herself, not hunched, not straight, but almost uneasily curved, Kikyo knew she was about to say something terrible. Something she didn't want to say.

"Kikyo. You're out," Rin all but whispered.

In that moment of Kikyo Wattanabe's life, she suddenly felt the world stop turning, time stop spinning, her heart stop beating. No. They couldn't possibly take anything else away from her. Besides sex, the Wildcats were all Kikyo had. The only protection she would ever be offered. There was no way in hell that they were kicking her out. Besides that, she'd been close friends with all three core girls since junior high. They couldn't just forget about something so sacred over a silly thing like sex? Beautiful, beautiful sex...

"No..." Kikyo choked out, suddenly understanding in one ultimate moment what this meant. "No...y-you can't...Rin, please, don't...I..."

There were no words in the whole of any language to describe the loss Kikyo felt at that moment, but Rin knew she had to be strong. She couldn't crack over something like emotion and Kikyo's incoherent babblings certainly wouldn't affect her. Besides, it was Kikyo's own fault for not controlling herself. If only Kikyo could control herself, this wouldn't have been an issue. But she couldn't and it was.

"Kikyo, you brought it on yourself," Rin said, trying to be cold but failing; Rin just wasn't a cold person, no matter how hard she had to be sometimes. She couldn't watch an old friend cry without feeling the slightest bit of sadness.

"I...I...Rin, you don't understand, I...I can't help it..." Kikyo stuttered out, tears beginning to spill down her cheeks. They marred her perfection, that insatiable beauty which captured so many hearts, yet broke so many souls. "Rin, you d-don't understand...I...I need it..."

Kikyo reached out, weakly clutching the front of Rin's shirt, eyes wide and face haunted. "I need it," she repeated, looking positively enamored by the thought of making love to someone, anyone. Be they beautiful or hideous, consentual or forced, dead of alive. She needed it.

Rin quietly examined her friend's face, the underniable desire, the lust, the hollowness of her cheeks and sunkeness of her eyes. Kikyo looked little like a porcelain doll any more; now, she was nothing but a monster. To Rin, she was a friend in need. Not of sex, but help. Kikyo kept saying she needed it, she needed it. Whether "it" was sex or the companionship of the Wildcats, RIn couldn't be sure. Perhaps Kikyo was even talking about help. But Kikyo needed something, that was sure.

"You're sick, Kikyo," Rin said quietly, eyebrows furrowing as she came to this realization.

Without another word, Kikyo broke down into hysterical sobs, collapsing into Rin's lap as the Wildcat's leader held her tightly, trying to comfort her inconsolable friend. Rin realized that, no matter what happened, Kikyo was going to need help and no one but the Wildcats and Fangs could get it for her. Kikyo's mother was dead, a cancer victim at the young age of 31, and Kikyo's father was helpless without his beautiful wife. He was a lazy drunk, one who probably caused more trouble than he helped. The gang knew that Kikyo was hard pressed for money, but they didn't dare interfere; everyone in the gang had pride, Kikyo included. Rin was surprised her friend showed this much emotion about a revealing subject even know, despite illness and sadness.

Finally, Kikyo quieted down a little, sniffling quietly as Rin shushed her and stroked her hair. The beautiful girl, eaten up by depression and nymphomania, gave a tired, shuddering sigh and whispered hoarsely, "I need to go away for a while. I need to g-get help, Rin. Please...p-ple..."

She trailed off and Rin gave a sad smile. "We'll get you help babe, I swear. Right now, we'll get you help."

Kikyo smiled a little, sniffling and trying to wipe away her tears; she was certainly thankful for a friend like Rin.

Rin pulled out her cellphone, dialing information quickly. When a voice answered, she responded in a clipped tone, "Yes, I'd like the number of a pyschiatric help clinic in Tokyo, district B please."

*!*!*!*

That night, Rin hadn't come home when Kagome went to sleep and her cousin was worried. What on earth could've happened after Rin took care of her business with Kikyo? Did the girl become hostile? Was Rin lying soaked with blood in an alley somewhere? Had she gotten a flat and lost her cell phone? There were many possibilities, each as unlikely as the next, and Kagome spent half her night wondering if she should call the police. At 3:46 a.m, the kitchen door swung open and Rin stumbled inside, tired out of her mind and wishing for a good night's rest, but Kagome was on her case as soon as she entered the house.

Dressed in a white tank top and pink boycut underwear, Kagome had no reservations about running down the stairs to confront her cousin. The girl entered the kitchen with great determination and, upon seeing Rin, she demanded, "Where have you been?!"

Rin just sighed heavily, collapsing on the island stool and resting her head in her hands. "Can we talk about it tomorrow, Kagome?"

"No, we most certainly can not!" Kagome said with an indignant, shrill quality to her voice.

After a brief moment of silence, Rin said hoarsely, "I took Kikyo to a pysche clinic down on Rumbold Avenue, checked 'er in, went to 'er house and got 'er stuff, signed a shit load of forms and sat with her for three hours while she cried her heart out. You happy?"

Kagome couldn't think of a single way to respond to this confession and only managed to sit down in a stool adjacent to her cousin. "Wow," she said quietly. "What was wrong with her?"

"Well, she's a nymphomaniac, but that's just the smaller problem on top of the bigger one. Somewhere between her mom dying and her dad becoming a drunk loser, she lost it and that triggered the whole sex crazed thing. I guess...she's depressed. That's her problem, I think," Rin said, sounding rather unsure of herself. Truth be told, after a night like that one, she wasn't sure of anything anymore, not even her own name. Everything seemed weird and foreign, unreal, material, cheap.

Kagome nodded a little, having run across quite a bit of depression in her high school. "That's too bad. Is she going to be okay?"

Smiling at her cousin's obvious concern for someone she'd never even met, Rin replied quietly, "Yeah, she'll pull through. Kikyo always does. She's got a sweet little set up down at the clinic, her own room, doctors and nurses on call, people around who have the same problem. She says if no one visits she'll throw a temper tantrum and set all the patients free." At this, Rin couldn't help but chuckle. "That's so Kikyo, if you only knew."

The two girls were quiet for a while until Kagome said, smiling, "Let's go to bed."

"Yeah," Rin agreed wearily. "To bed."

I'm proud of this chapter, especially the part where I try to incorporate Kikyo's obssession with sex. I tried to make it life like by thinking outside the box but...well, let's face it, it's hard to pretend your a nymphomaniac, lol. Reviews are welcome and so are flames, but I bet you won't like what I have to say in return. I'm thinking of putting this story up for a contest...maybe.

KOLU Connection