InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lazy Jaken ❯ The Lazy Servant ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hello every one! I must at this moment beg all fans of Bored with Mine Borrowed Yours, not to kill me for not using the time I spent working on this working on that story. PLEASE DO NOT KILL ME! After all if you kill me you'll never know how that story ends. (Grins.) Yes I admit I am hiding behind my story as not to be killed. (hehehehe!) And don't worry I'm still working on that story too. I will try to update soon. (I make no promises.)
To all of you, who are new to my work, enjoy! Okay even those of you who know my work, please enjoy!
On to the most evil part for a fanfiction writer. The disclaimer.
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. (Except for Tsuri, the kitten, she is mine. Yay! Sweet kitty!) And the rating may be wrong but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
Lazy Jaken
Sesshoumaru was sitting at his table eating his dinner and glaring at his lazy servant Jaken.
Jaken had always been a faithful servant until recently. Ever since he allowed Jaken a week off to visit his mother he had become lazy. All day long he'd sleep in front of the fire or soak in a pond. This had been going on for nearly a year and Sesshoumaru's patience was worn out.
“Jaken.”
“Ehh..?” the toad like thing managed to laze out.
“I'm through. You won't work for me. So tomorrow either hire yourself out or you get out. Understood?”
“Y…y…y…yes sir.” Jaken didn't fancy the idea of being dishonorably discharged.
The next day he set off to a nearby town to find work.
`I'll work extra hard and Lord Sesshoumaru will want me to work for him again.' he thought as he walked down the dusty path.
That day he hired himself out to a blacksmith. When the work was done the blacksmith paid him for more then a days labor. At least that's what Jaken thought. The foolish man paid him an entire yen for his work.
“Ehehehehehehe!” Jaken cackled. “Sesshoumaru-sama will be so proud of me!” Jaken jumped over the stepping stones in the river on his way home. At the last stone he decided to sit down and rest. And do a little showing off to the pond creatures.
“Look at this here.” he declared to the croaking frogs or were they toads? “This is a yen piece. Lord Sesshoumaru will be so proud. And then he'll give me my job back. And then…”
A particularly hungry fish had seen the sparkling metal and thought it was something good to eat. It jumped out of the water and stole the coin right out of his hand.
“Ahh! No!” His large eyes teared. “Lord Sesshoumaru will not be pleased! Come back here fish you are messing with Lord Sesshoumaru's will!” He hopped back and forth on two waterlogged boulders trying to find a way to go after the fish without falling in the water. While skipping back to the rock the fish stole his pay from, he slipped on some slimy water secretions that clung to said rock.
Needless to say there was a large splash and Jaken disappeared under the water. Jaken sputtered to the surface as he ran through a series of turns and kicks in a sick attempt to stay afloat.
That is how a kitten found him a few minutes latter. The kitten was quite upset at finding Jaken splashing around and scaring all the fish away. She dragged the drowning demon out of the water and plopped him on the hard ground. The pour sweet kitty was sopping wet and started to lick herself dry. Her eyes widened and her look went from put out to hungry. That loud thing she rescued tasted almost like the fish she had been there to catch.
She jumped at the little figure, claws out.
“Ah! No, no! Stupid cat! I'm not food!” he yelled as he ran away. “Go away!” He ran around and around and around in a circle. To bad for him the cat was smarter then he was. The cat sat down and trained its predator eyes on him memorizing his pattern.
After analyzing his movements for a good three minutes the young kitten stuck out its tiny be-clawed paw. A loud “Yow!” followed much too soon by an “Yrrow!” and a hiss blared through the woods. That hiss seemed to incite another cry of pain from our little beaked hero. And then the sweet small kitty ran off.
Jaken returned to his master dripping wet, tired and with dried blood cracking over his nose and on his right leg. Nicely exposed through those handy dandy slits in his pants.
Sesshoumaru didn't take too highly to his servant making puddles on his clean floor. “Jaken leave until you are dry.”
“But my lord it is dark outside. It is very cold.”
Sesshoumaru turned his icy gaze to Jaken and the demon delighted in the idea of shivering outside alone. Away from his beloved master. It didn't stay that way long.
“Jaken, your pay.”
“I…I…I lost it Lord Sesshoumaru.” Before his lord could hurt him he continued, rushing into the telling of what happened.
When his explanation was done he was promptly knocked over by a rock, it thought it was a bird and flew into the back of his head. Why did it think it was a bird? Why because Lord Sesshoumaru said it was.
Before he passed out he heard, “Next time put it in your pocket.”
“Yes Lord Sesshoumaru.” he sighed in his sleep.
92092092092092092092092092092092092092092092092092092092092092092 092092092092092092092092092092090920920
That's it for this chapter. I know it's short, but I plan to get the next chapter out very soon.
Thank you all for reading. Please spread the laughter. Kidding hog it all!
Please make me very happy and review. Thanks!
Okay ba-bye now! (waves happily)