InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lazy Jaken ❯ Ow! My Melon! ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. (Except for Tsuri, the kitten, she is mine. Yay! Sweet kitty!) And the rating may be wrong but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
Chapter 2
 
As the sun rose the next morning Jaken was well on his way back to the village. Dust had decided to take permanent residence on his puffy pants. He could almost hear the sleazy salesmen selling small homes on his left pant leg. And even sleazier one selling rooms with a view of the pale green island on the other. How dare they try to pass his leg off as a great view!
When he made it to the town he found a farmer to work for. For the entire day he sweated over pulling weeds, planting late seeds and harvesting early garden fruits. It was the most tiring job he had ever lived through. That night the human farmer paid him with a beautiful large melon.
Jaken carried his delicious melon to a small handcart and laid it in the back, pounded flat. `After all that's what Lord Sesshoumaru told me to do. My lord will be pleased.'
Pets and birds that lived in or surrounding the small town hopped after him, picking up the melon droppings he left in his wake.
Jaken entered the building that housed his master when they weren't traveling. As the door shut a little orange and black kitten with green eyes jumped into the cart. There she nibbled on melon flesh where fishy hands had smashed the melon so it was flat.
Bringing Sesshoumaru out to see his pay Jaken was horrified to find that blasted cat chewing on his melon.
“Ach! No you stupid cat!” He tried to chase the cat away only to find himself being chased around by the tiny thing.
Finally Jaken hid behind Sesshoumaru. The Kitten took note of the dog and scampered off.
“That's right!” Jaken crowed. “Run in fear!” Jaken hurried to stand proudly between where the kitten had been and where his lord was. Unfortunately that also placed him between his lord and the hand pulled cart.
One well placed kick later and our friend, toad man found himself face down in melon slush.
His master said in that calm voice of his, “Next time carry it in your hands.”
Before Jaken could remove himself from his face conformed crater or reply the Lord of the West was gone.
92292292292292292292292292292292292292292292292292292292292292292 2922922922922922922922922922
Sorry it's so short. I'll have the next chapter out soon.
To my Excellent Reviewer:
Rory4: Thanks for the review! I'm glad you like it.
Thank you everyone for reading. Please review.