InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leader of the Damned ❯ The Call ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi. But anyother characters in this fic are mine! Hear me? Mine! Thank you.
 
Chapter 1: The Call
 
We are the damned that people talk about but never acknowledge. We are the chosen individuals that perform the dirty work for a nation that shuns us. Do we hold loyalty to this government entity? Hardly. The money is good, the benefits are decent, the seclusion are the perks that we are in it for.
We rarely use our real names unless we have that small opportunity to relax and act our age. Code names are our salvation. Jane, or G.I. Jane is my code name. My real name is Chiyo. Age: 21. Weapons specialist, trained with various military generals around the free companies with a J.D. (law degree if you don't know) to understand international laws and interactions. Also in our weapons arsenal is Sango, code name Taijiya. Age: 20. Trained by her father to be a professional assassin, a complete master of ninja tactics and a true formidable foe on the battlefield. Inuyasha, code name Demon is 20. At lease that is what he looks like, demons and hanyous age differently from humans, but a master in his own right of swords and blades as well as hand-to-hand combat. Combined, we make a pretty solid team. Miroku, or Houshi, is a true hacker of the master level. He could hack in to any system, steal whatever he needs, crash the entire database and not leave a single trace. A truly holy experience as he would sometimes put it. He also is the resident lech. *Sigh* But without Kagome, or Miko, information could not be found at all. She has this thing with codes and puzzles that truly amaze me. Although she always is caring, she is our resident EMT she also is damn scary when mad, especially with Yash. Deadly combination, but inseparable. Strange. But no organization is without a spy network, Prince and Iris or Koga and Ayame suit our needs fine.
We've been through a lot together and been around the world more than twice. We are not a government funded organization, as Yash likes to put it, we just play the field, siding with which ever country that can pay the price or interests us the most. Life can get complicated, but no matter what we have each other's backs….
 
“DAMNITT!” The shout could be heard by the undead, rattling the soundproof glass in their sills. Miroku uncovered his ears and strolled over to the source of the disturbance. “Shit, Yash. You wanna summon the entire underworld? What happened?” Inuyasha had just shut his cell phone and threw it at his best friend's head, He never was a morning person, Miroku thought as he tossed the phone back at his very unhappy friend who grunted his thanks. Brushing it off, Miroku inched closer to his hanyou friend, wary of his explosive temper and waited for an explanation. Inuyasha shrugged on a red button down shirt over his toned, yet rigid torso, dusted his tailored black slacks and glared his golden eyes at Miroku's patient unyielding violet eyes. Smirking at his friend's indifference he finally spoke. “That was Chiyo, apparently we have a few callers and she would like everyone to gather at the office.” Miroku nodded his head silently and quickly threw on a purple and black striped shirt over black jeans and gathered his laptop. Inuyasha shoved his wallet and his car keys. They left their apartment and drove way in Inuyasha's red mustang.
This was the last thing that the two friends wanted to do, according to Inuyasha, Chiyo sounded down right bitchy, which was never a good sign. “So much for the vacation,” Miroku sighed heavily and rested his head in his hand. “Either we have another assignment or Koga failed,” said Miroku to no one in particular. Inuyasha kept his eyes on the road as he turned through the dark streets to the office. A dark blue Toyota Spider just shut it's engine as the two men parked their car. A long leg dressed in white stilettos and a cute gold anklet stretched out of the driver's side, slowly revealing a white mini skirt followed by a light blue halter. Kagome looked hot thought Inuyasha, but then he saw her face. Her usually cheery face was set in a worried frown until she was her hanyou. She broke out into a genuine smile and ran into Inuyasha's out spread arms. “Hi, Yash,” she whispered, her warm breath sending tingles on his neck. He tightened his embrace and kissed the top of her head, stroking her soft black hair. “Hey baby,” was his husky reply. “Uh, get a room you two!” said Sango in a light manner. She snapped her cell phone shut and stood from the passenger's side of Kagome's car. She straightened her white buttoned down blouse and threw on her khaki blazer over her matching pants, frowning at the scuff mark on her new sling back heels. She didn't have much warning as Miroku rushed up to her and gave her a chaste kiss on the lips, causing her to blush, but quickly returned the gesture to Miroku's excitement. Inuyasha rolled his eyes and Kagome giggled which caused the two to separate and catch their breath. “Get a room, “ said Yash in a mocking tone. “Oi! Get out of the way!” came a shout from Koga as his black Porsche skidded to a stop in front of the group. With over confidence, he jumped out of the convertible straightening his brown shirt and dusting off his blue jeans. Ayame roller her eyes at him as she climbed out straightening her own lavender silk dress. “hey guys…” Ayame said with another roll of her eyes as the testosterone match between Koga and Inuyasha was starting. “So what happened, Koga? Failed in the simple mission to gather information for our boss?” a smirk lifted on Inuyasha's lips at the tick he cause to pulse on Koga's eye brow. “Damn mutt, I never failed…” Taunting went unfinished when everyone heard the distinct sound of bones and flesh being torn. They ran through to the top floor to their office.
The sounds of smashing furniture and bodies colliding growing louder with every step, Inuyasha and Sango silently pulled a concealed weapon from their persons and took the lead. As they got closer, Yash was taking a mental note of the disarray of the entire floor. Paper and metal mesh trays littered the floor along with chairs, among various pieces of broken glass and splintered wood. Careful not to trip, Kagome and Miroku struggled through the darkness and quietly followed their partners. Sango nudged Inuyasha to draw his attention to splatters of blood here and there on the littered floor.
Koga took in a short breath and smelled the distinct stench of their boss' blood and the scent of something else… Another Demon?! Yash smelled it too but gripped his blade harder, he knew that scent… Fuck!!!
 
Chiyo was panting, with her back against the wall. Her skin tight black shirt was ripped and exposing the area where her skin that covered her ribcage should have been. Her black battle fatigues hung loose on her hips, torn and singed in come areas. Not giving up….Fucking bastard! She lunged herself at the smug face that seemed to mock her existence. In a flash of silver and white, Sesshomaru faced her attack head on, stunned at the determination of this…kitsune hanyou? He thought to himself with indifference. He blocked her attack to his chest, only to be winded by a knee to his thigh. She flipped out of his reach and landed gracefully on her desk. Smirk cocked on her face, she wiped the blood from her new scratch on her cheek, and readied another fighting stance. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” With her opponent's attention distracted for a millisecond, she gathered strength in her legs and made her final leap. She was aiming for his chest, but he reacted and ducked from it. Oh shit!!!! Was the thought the came when Sesshomaru and Chiyo both realized their mistake… THUMP!!!!
 
Everyone was in quite a shock at what had just happened. After much of a crash, Inuyasha had moved to protect Kagome from any flying debris, Koga and Ayame ducked and rolled as Miroku and Sango fell to the floor. When the ripples of shock subsided, the group looked towards their usually even tempered boss and her adversary. The first reaction came from Inuyasha as he couldn't resist a small snort that very quickly escalated into a full on fit of laughter. Two seconds later, everyone was rolling on the ground laughing. There Chiyo was, straddling her hips right on Sesshomaru's neck. Sesshomaru's face was priceless! His eyes wide with shock, breath shallow and quick. His hands rested on her hips and Chiyo's arms gripped his locks of silver hair on either side of his head. “Chiyo,” said Miroku in his most lecherous voice. “If we knew this was what you called us here for, I would have brought a video camra!” The guys laughed again, but were silenced with a slap and a loud “HENTAI!”
Chiyo shoved herself off none to nicely and calmly walked to her desk to grab the extra shirt that she kept for emergencies. Koga, Ayame and Sango started to right any salvageable furniture and other office supplies while Kagome ran to grab her first aid kit. Miroku was sporting a shiner and waiting for Kagome to heal him while Inuyasha strode over to the other silver haired man. “What are you doing here, Bastard?” He crossed his arms over his chest and stared at the man who was his half-brother. Sesshomaru threw off his tie and brushed off his clothes as best he could, maintaing a look of disgust. “For your information, Little Brother-“ that was enough to silence the room. Inuyasha has a brother? Thought Kagome as she paused from rubbing an ointment on Miroku's eye. A slam of a door brought everyone back to reality. All eyes were on Chiyo, her halter top was fully open in the back with the exception of the tie on her neck. The small fabric fell just above her belly button, fully exposing her gash wounds and other beatings. She threw her torn shirt in the waste basket with frustration. “He,” she began, not looking but clearly meant Sesshomaru, “is here to replace me.” “You Fucking Bastard!” yelled Inuyasha as he tried to lunged at him. A simple “Inuyasha” from Kagome subdued him. With a huff, Inuyasha backed off and sat near his worried partner. Kagome gave him a small peck before walking over to their boss to work on dressing her wounds. She was waved off with a flick of the wrist, as Chiyo sat quietly seething and looking at the cause of her discomfort. Sesshomaru simply stared back, sighed when he felt that nothing more was going to be said, “I am not here to take over the organization,” he began. “I merely stated that this renegade group has captured the attention of many illicit groups and I merely…”
“You are in no position to question the intention of my team,” Chiyo interjected.
“I was not done”
“I really don't care”
“Are you always such a bitch?”
“Don't try to compliment me now, Jack ass.”
Everyone laughed at Sesshomaru's confused expression as he continued to stare at this strange woman. No one had ever dared to interrupt him, many feared him, but this woman openly defied him! He cleared his throat and turned his attention to Inuyasha. But before he could form the words, she was in his face again. She knelt infront of him, eye level to him, “If you do have pressing business here I suggest you get it over with now. I promised my team a much needed vacation and I intend to give it to them.” He stared at her for a second longer. She has the most unusual eye color. Like polished silver… He tore his eyes away and stood up, trying to get his focus back. “My superiors merely suggested that I accompany your team on a few missions.” She stood up too, she was a full head shorter then him, but that didn't make her any less threatening. “Absolutely not!” Inuyasha stood behind of her, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder and looked up to his brother. “What is this about, Sesshomaru?” He saw the look and smelled the attraction Sesshomaru felt for his boss.
He suppressed a smirk, and waited for a response. “It is merely as I stated. Everyone questions the intentions of this group. One minute you are working for the country, to then be found amongst rebel leaders in enemy territory,” Sesshomaru stated simply. “You had to have expected the government to step in at one point and hold you accountable for your actions.” Kagome stood beside of her partner and with a steeled look she stated, “And what has this government done for us? Are we not the rejected of this country? We work for whom ever we deem worthy.” Sesshomaru glanced at this girl and noticed she slipped a protective arm around Inuyasha's waist. “Still involved with those below your station, are we Little Brother?'' Inuyasha growled but Kagome squeezed him gently shaking her head.
But the reaction came from Chiyo. A hard, sharp slap across the face caused a growl from the proud standing man. Miroku dragged his boss away before she could instigate another fight with the already irritated youkai. He released when Chiyo took in a sharp breath from the pressure he placed on her still open wound. Koga stepped up, but Sesshomaru walked over to Chiyo, and shocked everyone again when he gently skimmed his fingers over her wounds ignoring the hisses of her discomfort. “Healer, bring the alcohol and bandages,” not even looking at Kagome. She complied and brought the said items. He swiftly applied the stinging liquid to the wound, wrapping an arm around her bare torso to steady her spasm. When he was done, her applied the bandage and continued his speech. “There is no choice in the matter Ms. Honda. I am here for the duration, deal with it.”
She looked at him and then at her team. Her team, no, they were more then that, they were her friends, her family. They looked with genuine concern in their eyes. She sighed and tired to move, Sesshomaru was then aware that he still was holding her and released her slowly. She walked over to her team, “I guess we have a new team member for a little while then.” They smiled weakly at her. Inuyasha gave her a friendly, light hug and moved so Miroku and the others could give their greeting to her. “So, what are you guys doing here, anyways? I thought I told you I didn't want to see you for at least a month?” she shot everyone a quizzical look and was given the same from everyone around her.
“But…” started Kagome.
“We…” stammered Ayame.
“You called US!” Said an irritated Koga.
“No, I didn't,”
“We all got the message….”
Then it dawned on the team, which was then vocalized by Chiyo… “I never leave messages! Remember…”
In unison they said, “No answer, no message!”
 
“Then who…?”
 
 
Well this is my first chapter of my first fan fic. Please review, depending on how many I get I will update. Just a note to you readers, I have read many of your fanfics and I truly loved them, but one thing that I have always felt was that Sesshomaru was always left out of the whole couple thing. I know that there are some that pair him with Kagome or Rin, but I never understood that pairing. So this fic, if I continue will develop the relationships of the usual couples, InuXKag, MirXSan, and KogaXAyame, but there will also be another pairing that I want to try. Review and Let me know!!!!