InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Learning to Love Again ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome stepped into an empty compartment aboard the Hogwarts Express. Everything was red and yellow.

… It didn't very well suit her mood…

… Or her preferences for that matter…

With one elegant sweep of her hand, the whole compartment was drained of color and everything was numerous shades of black and dark gray. Kagome looked over her work with satisfaction.

She walked across the partition and curled up onto the gray cushions that sat on the floor and were furnished with several black silk pillows and coverlets. She pulled a large book with several kanji and hiragana characters embossed onto the cover out of her luggage. She set the book down and pulled out a small CD player and pushed play so that a gentle tune poured from the speakers and filled the room with an air of melancholy.

Kagome began to sing along with the sad melody as she drew the black curtains on the window and picked up her book again to read.

"I'm so tired of being here, suppressed by all my childish fears.

And if you have to leave I wish that you would just leave,

'Cause your presence still lingers here. And it won't leave me alone.

These wounds won't seem to heal.

This pain is just too real.

There's just too much that time cannot erase.

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears.

When you screamed, I'd fight away all of your fears.

And I've held your hands through all of these years.

And you still have all of me."

Just then, the door to the compartment slid open and three heads popped in. "Oh," began a girl with frizzy sandy brown hair, "sorry, we didn't know anyone was in here."

Before the three could walk away, Kagome stopped them with an invitation. "Itto desu… Oh, sorry! I keep forgetting I'm in England. Gotta speak English. Anyway, you guys can come in and have a seat. I'd just love someone to talk to," Kagome offered, putting on a cheerful façade as she reached over to turn off her music.

"Oh! You're all alone. Are you new at Hogwarts?" Hermione asked as she and the others stepped into the drab compartment and went over to sit on the cushions opposite Kagome and took a seat.

"Yeah, I'm going to be the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I can't wait! I think it'll be very exciting!"

"Whoa! You're going to be a teacher?" asked the boy with red hair and freckles, bewildered.

"But that's impossible! You don't look any older than us!" agreed the boy with dark hair and round glasses.

"Yeah, that's what I said when Albus and Minerva came to my house and wanted me to be a professor, but they think I can do it, so…" she trailed off.

"Oh! We haven't introduced ourselves! I am Hermione and this is Harry and Ron," Hermione explained, pointing to each of them as she revealed their names.

"It's a pleasure. I am Higurashi Kagome. You can just call me Kagome, though."

"That's good," Ron began, "Because I don't think I can pronounce that other name." They all laughed at this.

"So I take it you're Japanese?" Hermione asked, looking around and noticing the Japanese furnishings and Kagome's book.

"Yeah."

"I like what you've done with the colors, or rather lack thereof," Harry stated.

"Oh! I'm so sorry. If you guys don't like it I can change it back. It's just that I prefer it this way," Kagome apologized, lifting her hand to change the colors back to their originals.

"Oh, no, that's alright. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that… well, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a vampire or something," Harry chuckled.

Kagome laughed at this and brought down her hand.

"No, but I almost became a vampire one time."

"You've met an actual vampire?!" Hermione exclaimed.

"I've not only met one, I've slain one."

"You have to tell us!" Hermione cried, wiggling with excitement. Harry nodded in agreement, but Ron looked a little nervous.

Just as Kagome opened her mouth to tell them her adventure with a blood-sucking creature of the night, the door slid open with a slam. They looked over to see three more people standing there and the expressions on Kagome's new friends' faces darkened.

There stood a boy with slicked back blond hair and two taller, bulky teens behind him. The first boy smirked as he made his way over to Kagome.

Kagome kept her face straight as the boy approached her.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? Am I going to have a sexy new classmate?" he asked her.

He was surprised when she retorted with a haughty voice, "No, you're going to have a sexy new professor."

Kagome later learned the boy's name was Draco Malfoy…

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

REVIEW!