InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Left 4 Dead ❯ An Ordinary Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The window creaked and slammed repeatedly against the wooden framing, the television was tuned onto soap opera and then the phone was ringing. Inuyasha lifted his head slowly, reaching for his cell phone that kept ringing constantly.
“Ugh, Roku would call me this damn early. What the fuck could he possibly want?” Inuyasha muttered sleepily dropping his head back into his pillow. He set the phone back down onto the drawer beside his bed. Inuyasha adjusted himself to become more comfortable. As soon as he was about to fall back to sleep, the phone rang once again. Inuyasha turned over angrily and answered.
“WHAT DO YOU WANT MIROKU!?” Inuyasha somewhat yelled into the phone, he couldn't really yell since he was still half asleep.
“Yo! You should get your bitch ass to my house. We have shit to do today remember?” Miroku half-heartedly spoke into the phone still asleep himself.
“What the hell are you talking about Roku?” Inuyasha said falling out of his bed onto the floor to crawl into the bathroom.
“Uh well let's see,” Miroku paused leaving a long silence before answering “we're supposed to buy shit for our trip tomorrow you fuck head.”
“OH FUCK! I completely forgot about that!” Inuyasha jumped to his feet and ran to his closet, scanning through his clothes to find something to wear.
“Yeah of course you would. Alright well call me when you're on your way.” Miroku hung up and left Inuyasha to find his clothes and get ready for the long day ahead of them. Inuyasha found a pair of black slim fit jeans and struggled to put them on as he ruffled through the closet pulling out a purple shirt. He walked into the bathroom once again slipping on his purple flat-billed Atlanta hat. As he made his way downstairs, he noticed that his family wasn't in the house. Not his mom, his dad, or his baby sister. Absolutely, no one was home. What the hell? Where is everyone? They didn't tell me they were going anywhere. Hmmm, well shit I guess it doesn't matter. I need to hurry. As Inuyasha ran out to his car, he noticed that the neighborhood seemed almost abandoned, except from the early morning sex screams of his neighbors, but even those seems different.
“Man, I need to lay off the monsters for real.” Inuyasha shook his slightly in an attempt to clear his mind. He propped open the car door, dropped down into the driver's seat, and stared into the rearview mirror, making sure nothing was in the backseat. “Damn, why the fuck am I so paranoid today?” Inuyasha started the car, looking over into the empty passenger seat beside him. I don't know why, but I feel that I should really check on Kags. He put the car in reverse and pulled out into the street noticing that nothing moved, as if time was frozen around him, even the trees stood absolutely motionless. As Inuyasha pressed slowly on the gas, as soon as the car began to move so did the rest of the world; he left out a sigh of relief but still felt uneasy. He only shook his head to get that feeling of dread away from his mind. He set his mind on getting to Miroku's house and planning the day, then finding out where Kagome is. Inuyasha pulled up to an intersection his phone began to vibrate the cup holder; he opened the phone and started to read the text that popped onto the screen. Inuyasha after you pick Miro come get me and Sango so we can go with you losers! :D kthxbai. Kagome<3
 
Miroku paced back and forth between the living room and his kitchen waiting for Inuyasha to pull up in front of his, which was taking an unusual amount of time. “Man, what is taking Inuyasha so long?” Miroku had been talking to himself for what he thought had been hours, hoping someone would answer him or Inuyasha would finally show up. He continued to pace around his room until he decided to go down into the kitchen to find something to drink, as he was making his way down the stairs his phone started to ring startling him almost making him fall down the stairs. Miroku tugged his phone out of his back pocket and looked at the text displayed across the screen. Hurry and get outside. I still have to get Kags and Sango. Miroku finished reading the text and only dropped his head. “He takes forever to get here and tells ME to hurry? What a dick.” Miroku scanned the living room table for his wallet and found it laying on the arm rest of the sofa, and then he proceeded to run out Inuyasha's car. Miroku stepped out his front door into the early morning sun, squinting his eyes as the sunlight struck them.
“What took so long Yasha? It felt like you took ages!” Miroku staggered over to the car and noticed that Inuyasha had a very dazed and worried expression on his face. “Aye, you alright?” Miroku pulled a mint out of his pocket and tossed it over at Inuyasha's head.
“Oi! Don't start with the mint throwing again. It gets annoying, and yes; I'm completely fine.” But he wasn't fine at all, something inside him kept telling him that something horrible was ahead.
 
Kagome and Sango were staring blankly at the TV, until a commercial of a local restaurant came on the screen. They slowly turned their heads towards each other then gazed down at their rumbling tummies.
“Where the hell is your boyfriend Kags!? I'm getting really hungry!” Sango made a slight frown as her stomach continued to growl at her.
“I-I don't know really.” Kagome only twitched her nose and grabbed at her tummy commanding it to be quiet. Suddenly they heard the sound of a revving engine from the drive way. Sango and Kagome quickly looked at each other with their eyes full of joy. “OH JESUS! We can finally get food!” They darted out the door, completely ignoring Inuyasha and Miroku as they scrambled into the backseats of Inuyasha's car.
“Well shit, I would really hate for you two to say hi.” Inuyasha muttered loudy, he understands that he took quite a while to get here but a simple hi wouldn't hurt them.
Kagome and Sango only giggled, “Hello Inuyasha and Miroku.” They both said in unison. Inuyasha and Miroku only sighed as they stepped back into the car. They had a long day ahead of them, but none of them knew just how long.