InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Let's Forget the Past ❯ Fuzzy-Eared Psycho ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Suddenly, out of the trees bursts a demon with two fuzzy dog ears perched atop his head. He growled low, so low that normal human ears wouldn't have been able to hear it. Yet Sumaru and Naruko heard it just fine as if it was the angry yell of a feral beast. He brandished a sword that looked much too big for him to lift but he held it easily as if it weighed as much as a normal katana.
 
"Sesshoumaru what are you doing here. Much less with the spawn of Naraku." He pointed his sword at Naruko. "What happened? Has the great Sesshoumaru finally sunk so low that he needs Naraku's help to defeat me?" Slowly Sumaru had been getting in a position where he could defend Naruko with his body and if need be his life while Naruko made an escape.
 
There was a heated silence as both Sumaru and the eared boy locked golden eyes; one fearful and defiant, the other angry and aching for a fight.
 
Silently, Sumaru weighed the odds with cold calculation that made him cringe inside. The other boy had a weapon, which put him at a disadvantage. He was bigger, but weakened by the climb... however his opponent wore no protective clothing...
 
And you don't have to fight fair...
 
He blinked in surprise, and found that the boy had taken a step closer to Naruko.
 
"Get away from her," Sumaru snapped coldly.
 
The boy's face was twisted into a scowl, but at Sumaru's words, his eyes clouded slightly. "Her...?"
 
That was when Sumaru lunged, reaching out with his clawed hands to rake the arm in which the boy held his sword. "GO NOW!" he shouted.
 
Naruko looked shocked, then angry, but then she nodded mutely and ran through the trees.
 
The boy hissed with pain, and glared at Sumaru with a look that indicated pure hatred.
 
"You're going to pay for that Sesshoumaru."

Sumaru wrinkled his nose in slight disgust. "I don't know what you are talking about demon. But my name is not Sesshoumaru."
 
The dog demon blinked slightly in confusion and then growled at the obvious lie. "Who are you trying to kid Sesshoumaru; you didn't even try to disguise your demonic markings not to mention I'd know your stench anywhere." The demon once again swung his sword slashing at Sumaru and slicing his arm.
 
The scent of blood filled the air as Sumaru clutched his wounded arm close to his body. He growled low, not dissimilar to how the dog demon growled in front of him. "My name is Sumaru you idiot! I am not this Sesshoumaru-teme and I never have been!"
 
Naruko ran quickly, worrying about the fight she'd left behind her. Who was that psychotic raving jerk, and just how exactly had he managed to get a hold of a weapon like that?
 
Earlier, she'd glimpsed what seemed like buildings in the gaps of the trees. That didn't make sense, though, since she couldn't hear the typical roar of traffic, and the ever-present squeal of children coming home from school.
 
She pushed through the bushes and hanging tree branches, nearly laughing in delight when the foliage thinned out, rewarding her with a view of the village. Her smile disappeared.
 
"What the hell is going on here?!" She wanted to fall to her knees and cry in frustration but she dared not. She had to help Sumaru. Naruko had to find someone anyone that would listen and help her save him. As she ran towards the village she spied Kagome making her way towards the village. Someone she knew if nothing else.
 
"Kagome!" Naruko cried while running towards the village. "Kagome!!!" Kagome turned to look at who was calling her. She was started at the sight running towards her it looked like the evil Naraku but not quite, and who ever it was seemed frantic, and was wearing modern clothes? Kagome made her way towards the woman coming at her at almost demonic speed.
 
"Please Kagome we need to get someone anyone to help, please!" Just then the fire cat demon, Kirara, landed between Kagome and the unknown woman, in combat ready form ready to defend Kagome from the unknown demon woman.
 
Kagome looked at the girl strangely stepping slightly closer to Kirara. “Who are you?” She questioned uncertainly.
 
Naruko panicked even more when she heard this. “Kagome it's me Naruko. You know, Hojo's cousin. We sit in the same class together; we've even had projects together at school. You have to believe me! Sumaru is in danger some crazy psycho is attacking him with a sword and if you don't get to police to come quickly I fear the psycho will kill him!”
 
She stumbled closer to Kagome her eyes begging Kagome to believe her. Only to force her self backward tripping over her own feet when the demon cat gave an evil sounding growl.
 
"Are you in league with the psycho? Is that why you're not helping?! Sumaru could die!!!" She scrambled frantically back towards where she'd left Sumaru and the crazy killer. If no one would help her save Sumaru's life then she'd just have to do it herself.
 
Kagome stood there in shock, unable to comprehend what the girl had told her. `Naruko?' Her voice had sounded familiar, but the images didn't quite match. And why did she look so much like Naraku? Perhaps it was some kind of trick, but it didn't seem like his style to be so… so blunt…
 
Naruko raced back to the forest, where she'd left Sumaru. `Why wouldn't Kagome help? And who the HELL was that crazy white-haired lunatic?' She heard some shouting up ahead, and knew she was getting closer.
 
The white haired boy had Sumaru cornered. Sumaru looked bruised and had some leaves stuck in his hair. The white-haired boy turned around, ears pricked, and his eyes narrowed when he confirmed her presence.
 
Sumaru looked up when he saw that his opponent had moved his eyes off of him and onto Naruko. `What is she doing here? I told her to run!' With great effort and shocking speed, he lunged at the dog eared boy clawing down the boy's side while strong green ooze emanated from his claws.
 
The dog eared boy growled fiercely and knocked Sumaru back into a large tree, knocking him out cold.
 
"What the hell are you doing?" she asked, forcing herself to look him in the eye. "You…you..."
 
"He's not dead..." the boy muttered. "I can't believe he allowed himself to be knocked out. It's pathetic. And you! I don't understand why Sesshoumaru would consort with the likes of you. Naraku."
 
"Because he's not Sesshoumaru, he's SUMARU. And I'm not this Naraku person... I'm NARUKO."
 
The white haired boy snorted and said, "Don't be stupid. Don't you think I'd be able to tell if you were actually telling the truth?" He spoke as if he was privy to all sorts of information, and she was an idiot.
 
"How would you know?"
 
"I'd recognize your foul stench anywhere," the white haired boy sneered, with a glare. He took a sniff, perhaps to prove his point, and suddenly his eyes widened.
 
"Wait a minute..."
 
oOoOoOo
 
 
Please Read and Review