InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lies ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or the song Lies.
 
Summary: Rest in me and I'll comfort you. I have lived and I died for you. Abide me and I vow to you, I will never forsake you. [Character Death] A songfic about the beast within Inuyasha, and what exactly it is capable of making him do.
 
--
 
Bound at every limb by my shackles of fear
Sealed with lies through so many tears
Lost from within, pursuing the end
I fight for the chance to be lied to again
 
“Inuyasha…Inuyasha!”
“Stop! No, Inuyasha! Inu…”
 
Their voices melted away, and their faces all became the same in my eyes. They were all the same, and they were all there for the same purpose…to feed my bloodlust.
 
I can feel my claws tearing through their flesh; feel their blood splatter on my face and bare chest. The warmth so entrancing, so inviting…and the smell…oh those smells. So good, I want more. I need more. More blood…more cries of agony. I want to hear them suffer.
 
You will never be strong enough
You will never be good enough
You were never conceived in love
You will not rise above
 
“Inuyasha! Inuyasha please! You don't know what your doing.”
 
I steer away from the voice, why won't it shut up? Why won't it leave me alone?!
 
I go on ignoring it, ripping through everyone I come to. I can taste their blood now as I lick my lips; so sour…so wonderful I want more.
 
With the slight edge to the left I strike another, I can't see my victims clearly. But I know where they are, because I can smell their fear. Right now they all reek of it, and it feeds into me…making me want more of it.
 
Haha, they never knew fear until this very day…none of them. And now that I am striking it into their hearts…I will soon tear it out of them. They won't feel fear anymore.
 
They'll never see
I'll never be
I'll struggle on and on to feed this hunger
Burning deep inside of me
 
“No! Oh gods, Inuyasha!”
 
The voice was sobbing now, and they were near. I simply shove them away, I feel my claws cut though the soft fabric of their clothing, but not their skin, for I felt no blood or heard neither cry.
 
I pause for a second; I can feel them surrounding me. There are many of them…all wanting to stop me…all wanted to kill me.
 
“Don't!”
 
The voice was really starting to drive my blood; I have to find the speaker again. Why didn't I kill them when I had the chance!? Why did I just simply push the annoying being away from me?
 
Whoever it is will die soon enough…
 
But through my tears breaks a blinding light
Birthing a dawn to this endless night
Arms outstretched, awaiting me
An open embrace upon a bleeding tree
 
“He won't listen…he…he won't…”
 
Hah, finally you realize! Now…keep talking so I can find you and tear your mouth off…lets see you speak then!
 
All the voices around me were intermingled; I couldn't understand them like I could the other voice. I need you to speak again!
 
I tear through those around me; making a path to get away from the circle they had in closed me in. They all smell the same, I just need to hear that voice again…then I will find whoever it is…I want to taste them…
 
Rest in me and I'll comfort you
I have lived and I died for you
Abide me and I vow to you
I will never forsake you
 
“No! No! I won't go! I can't leave him here like this…no!”
 
There you are.
They are protecting the annoying wretch.
How foolish of them.
 
I snarl out a bitter laugh as I crash into three of them, tearing my claws up through their stomachs, ripping them open, and spilling their blood.
 
So weak these humans are, so weak yet I desire their blood more than anything else. Hmph, now…where are you?
 
There you are…
Standing there…
Staring at me…
Are those tears I smell?
Here…let me help you…
I'll gouge your eyes out…
 
They'll never see
I'll never be
I'll struggle on and on to feed this hunger
Burning deep inside of me
 
“…”
 
Nothing to say? I thought not, but its too late now, I see you there and you are my next victim.
 
“Inuyasha…”
 
Shut up! Just shut up!
 
I raise my hand up, claws ready.
 
“Please no…don't you know me…”
 
Yeah, I know you…
You won't shut up…
 
I dig my claws into them, where I don't know. But I can feel my fingers enter their body easily, and there it is…the squeal of pain and anguish.
 
They'll never see
I'll never be
I'll struggle on and on to feed this hunger
Burning deep inside of me
 
“No…”
 
I hear them whisper that last word before they slide off my hand and fall to the ground. There was silence after that; I could sense people around my staring in sorrow and fear. Hah, did this person really mean that much to them?
 
I inhale through my nose and the smell of my latest victim enters me…I freeze.
 
What's wrong with me?
Why is that smell so over powering?
Why…do I feel tears in my eyes…?
 
“Inuyasha…”
 
The wretch is still alive?!
But wait…
That voice…
I know it…
 
“Inu…ah…”
 
I feel my claws retract back, and something inside me melting away.
 
Where am I? Why is there so much blood around me?
 
Miroku?
Sango?
 
Why are you looking at me like that? What? What did I do this time?
 
 
Rest in me and I'll comfort you
I have lived and I died for you
Abide in me and I vow to you
I will never forsake you
 
The smell of her blood stuck to my nose and I froze. I slowly move my hands up to my face.
 
Covered in so many people blood…but that one smell…the smell that stands out over all the others.
 
I move my eyes down to the ground in front of me, staring into a pair of fogged over smoky orbs that seemed to peer through my very soul. My heart tightened, and my stomach turned.
 
Kagome…
 
They'll never see
I'll never be
I'll struggle on and on to feed this hunger
Burning deep inside of me
--
 
Kaori: Wow, I had to get that off my chest. So? What do you think? I think this can make a good Prologue for a story later on in life…but that's just me. R&R?