InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life isn't Perfect ❯ New Student & A Past Unveiled ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Part 1
New Student & A Past Unveiled
*^*^*^*^*
"By mom, see you at 6:30!" Kagome yelled as she ran out the door, grabbing her lunch on the way, for she had to go to school.
"By Kagome! Tell Souta 'Hi' for me! Make sure to come home right after work, you have archery practice, I don't like to be kept waiting, and you better not loose that Violin!" her mother called, with a warning, back to her. She knew she heard a "yeah, yeah" before her daughter was completely out of sight.
I can't believe that I'm only 16, and I'm senior, and that I'm going to graduate this year. I get to go to the prom early. Oh, and, go to college early. Oh no, I still have to think of what I'm going to do for the rest of my life! Kagome thought to herself while running to school in hopes she won't be late.
On the way to Kagome's school she checks her watch and sees the time 6:57. Oh no, oh Nooooooo! I better not be late! I can't believe it, only a week into school and I'm already going to be late! I'd better hurry! Kagome runs through the hall to her class, not paying attention to where she is going. She turns around the corner and bumps right into someone.
"Owwww. I'm so sorry," Kagome said, picking up all the guy's stuff as well as her own, "I didn't mean to. I-I was running a-and I was going to be late."
PPPRRRIIINNNGGG!!!
"I am late," She sighed. "Only my first week this year and I am already going to have a detention" she sighed again.
*~*~*~*~*
I, Sesshoumaru am just a new student, walking around, and trying to find the main office. The suddenly while I'm making a turn around a corner some stupid girl comes running and nocks me as well as all my stuff to the floor. What is this, a school or a circus? And once she gets up, she says she was sorry, picks up my stuff, she starts rambling about being late and getting a detention. How selfish? I haven't even been able to get a word in (which I hardly talk anyway, but that's beside the point). And she hasn't looked at me once.
"I'm sorry to interrupt your public thinking, but can you point me in the direction of the main office," said Sesshoumaru, than he thought. Come to think of it, I usually hate asking for help, but I've walked long enough and I want to get this stupid day over with!
She's looked, at me, with her innocent and naive face. She's so beautiful. Sure I've seen many more pretty girls than her. She wares no make up, no perfume, and no jewelry (except for a necklace with a pink ball in the middle) but the most alluring thing with her natural beauty is her eyes. She has the most beautiful turquoise eyes. I feel as if, I could just look into those eyes forever and if I were to go, even, a step further I could fall in and never be able touch the bottom. She was just like any other girl but her eyes. She looks so pure. I forgot where am I? What was I doing? I don't care, just as long as I get to look at these wonderful eyes. Too bad no one else thinks the same.
#_#_#_#_# (I know, I know. He is totally O.O.C. (Out Of Character) I just had to get the fact through that he likes her. Sorry. And Kagome actually has brown eyes.)
*^*^*^*^*
Oh my. He's gorgeous. He's too beautiful to be a guy. He kind of looks like my ex-boyfriend, because of the hair. He has gold eyes instead of the amber that my ex has. Didn't he ask me a question? "Sorry, what was the question again?"
"Which way to Main Office?" Sesshoumaru said, snapping out of his own reverie.
"It's over that way," Kagome said pointing to the east, picking up her violin case. "I'll walk you, since I have to go there anyway," she said with a smile, already starting to walk.
"That is all right with me," He said.
I know that I know him from somewhere, but where? I can't just go and ask him.
"So are you a new student?"
"Yes," was his bland answer.
"What year are you?" hoping for a sign of emotion.
"Senior," another bland and unemotional answer.
Okay, how am I supposed to become your friend if you don't let me know your feelings? Kagome looks back at him and into his eyes. So that's how. What are you thinking about that's making you so happy? Oh well, you can't hide your feeling from me any more, no matter how much you want to or what your face looks like. Eyes reflect your soul and know one can hide them; you just need to know how to read them.
*~*~*~*~*
Isn't she a curious person? But too bad, I don't show emotion; it's for the weak. I wonder if I'll get a fan club in this school too. I hope not. Unless she's in it. Sesshoumaru thought very happily.
Kagome turns around and looks into his eyes.
Why is she looking at me? Her eyes are beautiful. What's her name?
Kagome turns back to the front with a smile on her face.
She was looking into my eyes as if searching for something deep inside of me. Sesshoumaru' musing once again. What ever it was she must have found it because she's smiling. I'm glad that I made her smile. She should always smile.
"We're here," said she with a cheery voice.
When they entered through the double doors they saw all tons people bustling about the room. Some had papers in their hands; some were on the phone, or both.
Kagome led Sesshoumaru to the front desk where a woman, named Harris, was on the phone. She seemed to be prattling on about some room where the lights went out. As they reached the desk the woman put up a finger signifying to wait a moment. (Don't you hate it when people do that to you? >_<)
"Why hello, how are you today young lady?" the woman said when she put the phone down.
"I'm fine, thanks Mrs. Harris. How's your son? Doing better I hope," The girl replied with a worried tone. Obviously knowing the woman and her family with the sick child.
"He's doing much better than last weak. The doctor said that he'd make a full recovery. What about your brother?" she said going from a happy tone a sad one.
"I don't think he'll make it, I'm afraid," she said with her head down and voice quivering. "The doctor said that they couldn't do an operation because he's too small and most likely wouldn't be able to handle it. He said we should just enjoy the precious time that we have left, which is estimated to about the end of November - Beginning of December," a drop of water fell from her eyes and her shoulders started to shake.
It made Sesshoumaru go nuts. I needed to do something, anything, just to see her smile again. But the next thing she did amazed him to no end. Through all of her deep despair she wiped her tears away as if banishing them to a far away place, never to return. Then she stood up strait, proud, and of all things to ever be done, she smiled.
"Let's forget about that and get to the point of why we are here, shall we?" she said this in such regales tone as if the past five minutes never happened. "I am late and my friend here," using her free hand to point to Sesshoumaru by her side, "is a new student who needs a schedule. I'll go to see Miss Lipson about my late slip and what I can do about the detention," she said walking to some desk without another word.
"Poor girl. Almost everyone on her father's side has died of the same Cancer," Harris said, watching her leave and shaking her head. "She says it's the curse that comes with their blessing."
"What curse?" he asked in a monotone voice, but even more interested in the girl than he was before.
"She said that every 'first born' on her fathers side for about sixteen generations, so far, dies of cancer at 30," still looking at her, "but something went wrong because she is the 'first born', not her brother, who by the way is only 11."
"If that's the curse, then what's the blessing?" now looking at the woman who seems to know so much about this mysterious girl who, by the way, he still hasn't learned the name of.
"The blessing is that whatever activity they do they some how automatically have a knack for it and become just about the best at it. Every generation knows the Violin and bow like they started playing it since before birth. But her over there," pointing toward Kagome, "is an over achiever. She's only 16 and is a Violinist (I have never seen her without her violin), Pianist, Gymnast, Artist, Poet, Singer, Archer, does Bale, Karate, Kendo, bummed up a grade for being so smart, and is the most popular girl in school for being the sweetest girl you ever did see. Probably give her only sweater to a homeless man on the day it was hailing like there was no tomorrow. I just don't know how she does it. I would go nuts if I had as much pressure on me as her. But she is more stubborn than an Ox and has a strong will. She just needs to find someone who she can share the burden with," she said the last part to him with a sly smile.
All this had just taken not even a minute to say. So she is a super girl who I'm guessing is single, judging by what and how the woman said the last sentence. And she can probably kick any ones butt (except mine of course). But what of this curse though, everyone in her family is dying at thirty, but she is very lovely, and I still haven't found out her name!
"Now to get back to our own lives," the woman said knocking me out of my thoughts with a smile on her face, "What's your name, last name and then first, so I can get you your schedule and to class."
"Shoron, Sesshoumaru." he replied now giving his full attention to the woman in front of him.
#_#_#_#_# (I know, I borrowed it from Card Captors. Please don't sue me; it's just a very good last name for the describing of the person. Besides, I probably didn't even spell it right.)
"Okay mister Shoron, here is your schedule." she said slowly, while handing him a piece of paper. "Let me just assign some one to be your chaperone for a couple of days," she said with another sly smile. I'm beginning to not like this woman (I don't like anyone, but that's beside the point).
*^*^*^*^*
I managed to be able to serve my detention after school on Friday since everyone here knows that I have a job and a brother's hospital bill to pay. I can't believe I cried in front of the new kid. He must think I'm a dork. I got to get out of here before he sees me. He'll probably make fun of me about being weak just like my Ex. Man he was infuriating. But he is still my friend. Almost to the door, 3 . . . 2 . . .-
"Higurashi!!!"
Too late for that idea. Turning around, she sees that the one yelling her name is Mrs. Harris. Next to Harris is, by the look in his eyes, an embarrassed new student. Guess I should go over there so that we don't yell across the room.
"Yes, Mrs. Harris?" she says sweetly once she arrived to her destined location.
"Can you chaperone this boy for a couple of days while he learns the route to his classes? I believe he has few of your own." Harris said also with a sweet smile but a hidden agenda in her eyes.
"I don't what you're up to," Kagome said, lifting up her eyebrow, "but I'll do it anyway."
"Why, I'm not 'up' to anything Higurashi. Your whole family has known me since birth, how can you say I'm 'up' to something?" Harris said with a shocked expression.
"It's because my whole family knows you that I know you are 'up' to something. That and your eyes give you away," she said as a mother playfully scolding her child. "Oh well, we better get to our classes since were already late," Kagome said leading an ignored new student behind.
"May I see your schedule please?" she asked once out of the office.
Handing Kagome the schedule, he just stayed quiet and still, waiting for the write time to speak.
"Name is Shoron, Sesshoumaru." the rest Kagome mostly mumbled. "Period 1 is..." "2..., 3..., 4..., 5..., and 6...!" At the beginning she was all quiet, but by the end she was a little short of yelling. "Few? Ha! Try all. I new she was up to something," Kagome exclaimed looking at Sesshoumaru. "We have all of the same classes, down to the last second."
*~*~*~*~*
"We do?" Sesshoumaru said monotony, not all too pleased at being tricked. I new I didn't like her.
"Yup. By the way we were never properly introduced. I'm Higurashi, Kagome," She said putting her hand out.
So I finally find out her name. "Shoran, Sesshoumaru as you already know," he answered not showing any emotion but felt a great amount of triumph in finding out her name, which suits her well.
"What are you so happy about?" Kagome said smiling at him.
"And what would give you the impression that I am happy?" I don't think I smiled, did I?
"Obviously you weren't paying attention when I was talking to your 'schedule maker'," she said with a smile. "I'll give you a moment."
*~*~*~*~* Flashback
'It's because my whole family knows you that I know you are 'up' to something. That and your eyes give you away. Oh well, we better get to our classes since we are already late.'
*~*~*~*~* End Flashback
"Eyes reflect the emotions of the soul. It's almost impossible to hide them. You just need to know how to read them is all," Kagome said as if everyone knew this, once she was sure that Sesshoumaru had remembered the past conversation.
"Mmhm.... Should we not be getting to our first class?" was the last thing that was said before they got to class.
#_#_#_#_# [Ok, I'm getting tired of the *^*^* and the *~*~* so I'm just going to do it how ever I want. You'll just have to pay more attention (.>_<.)]