InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Loves ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha
 
 
Life's loves
 
Chapter 1
 
It was the aftermath of a great and fierce battle against Naraku. Everyone was scattered about the field in the center was a partial pink jewel surrounded by darkened earth. The first person to recover from the immense battle was Kagome, as she looked around she saw Miroku lieing on Sango trying to protect her. He was slowly coming around and tried to wake Sango. Shippo and Kilala were coming to near Kagome. When Kagome's eyes fell upon Inuyasha's body panic gripped her heart and throat. She ran over to him yelling his name. As she got to his side she saw that he was barely breathing, his eyes were almost glazed over and his body was covered with bloody wounds. She slowly lifted his upper body to place him in her lap.
 
“Inuyasha…” she said in a soft paniced voice as tears welled up in her eyes. “Inuyasha…can you hear me?... please say something…anything.” The tears rolled off her face, after a tear landed on his cheek he blinked slowly and his eyes began to focus on her face.
 
“Ka…go…me……are you… alright?... Please……don't…cry.” He fought to say out loud.
 
“Yes, I'm fine and I can't help the tears. I care too much for you.” She replied.
 
“Good… to… hear… your… alright… Kagome… your… very… beautiful.” He said, even more tears rolled down her face. He reached up with his left hand and gently wiped a tear from her face. “Kagome… I… love… you.” He wispered. Kagome's face lit up at those words.
 
“I… love you too… Inuyasha.” She wispered back. With that reply what remained of Inuyasha's strength left him, his hand fell away from her face, his eyes closed, his body became like a ton of bricks in her arms, his breathing and heart slowed.
 
“Guys hurry and give me the shard that Naraku had.” She yelled “Inuyasha's in bad shape I need the jewel now. Inuyasha please hold on!”
 
“Alright we're coming.” They replied as they came over they brought the shard that was lieing on the darkened earth. Before Kagome took the shard she placed Inuyasha back on the ground. She took the large piece and placed it with her piece and with her power fused the pieces together. With the jewel complete she placed it in Inuyasha's hands and placed them on his chest. She then placed her hands over his and prayed with all her heart and soul pouring all her love and power into the jewel. A bright and blinding light enveloped both of them forcing the others back with its mighty brightness.
 
Within the light Inuyasha's wounds began to heal, his and Kagome's souls were turned into dazeling blue spirit flames that danced and circled each other until the light faded and the souls returned to their respective bodies. Just before the light totally faded Kagome leaned over and kissed Inuyasha as if to give him some of her lifeforce. The light disappeared and Kagome fainted exhausted from the effort of bringing Inuyasha back from the brink. Sango and Miroku rushed over to their side and lifted Kagome off Inuyasha.
 
“Miroku, how long do you think they will be out?” Sango asked after she made certain that Kagome and Inuyasha were still breathing.
 
“I don,t know Sango, but we must move them from this place. Do you think Kilala has enough strength to bring them to Kaede village?”
 
“I don't know, we'll hve to ask her.”
 
“Kilala can you transport Kagome, Inuyasha and Shippo to Kaede village?” Miroku asked the cat.
 
“Mew.” She replied while transforming into her larger demon form.
 
“Alright, Shippo can you transform into something that will keep them from falling off?”
 
“Yes I can, but what should I transform into?”
 
“How about some sort of box like saddle.” Miroku suggested. “One that could hold them both on Kilala.”
 
“I think I can do that.” Shippo replied.
 
“Good now once you get to Kaede's hut tell her we'll be there as soon as Kilala can come and pick us up.” Sango said. “Also tell her what happened.”
 
“Sure.” Shippo said.
 
With that Shippo transformed into a saddle like box on top of Kilala. Inuyasha and Kagome were gently placed in the box and then Kilala was on her way to the village.
 
A trip that took normally half a day took 10 minutes for Kilala. Once at the hut she roared to get Kaede's attention. Kaede came out quickly when she noticed the two formes on Kilala back.
 
“Kilala please transform back into your kitten form slowly so thay don't fall to the ground.”
 
Once the box saddle was on the ground it spoke. “Kaede please hold them up soon or they'll fall to the ground I can't hold this shape much longer.”
 
She did as was asked and shippo returned to his normal self. He layed on the ground heaving heavily gasping for air. By this time Kilala had turned back to her larer form and started back for the other's.
 
“Shippo what has happened?” Kaede asked.
 
“We defeated Naraku but Inuyasha was badly hurt. Kagome used the shikon-no-tama to save his life and they have been like this ever since then.”
 
“I see child.” Kaede said. “Do ye think ye cold transform again to bring them into the hut?”
 
“I'll try.” He tried to transform but his youki was just to drained. “Sorry Kaede, but I'm too tired. Sango and Miroku should be back soon since Kilala went to get them.”
 
Not even 20 minutes later they arrived and helped to bring the two of them into the hut and placed them in a seperate room in the back. Kaede went in and quickly checked to see if she could help or make them more comfertable. All she could do was let them sleep so she placed a blanket over them and left to tend to the others.
 
“How are they?” Sango asked while Kaede was tending to her minor wounds.
 
“They are both asleep and well but they need to rest for at least a few days. They are both physically drained of energy.”
 
“When do you think they will wake up?”Miroku asked.
 
“I don't know. Tomorrow. The day after. A week.” Kaede replied. “Only Kami knows.”
 
“Very well then we will just have to wait.” Miroku said somberly.
 
“Ye three should get some rest. Now that thee are patched up. For there is nothing more that can be done tonight.” Kaede said as she finished with her bandaging.
 
“You are right just let me say goodnight to Kagome and I'll settle in.” Sango said as she walked to the back room to say goodnight and a prayer. She stood at the door long enough to watch them both breath and say what she had to say. When she returned she noticed Miroku had already unrolled her bed roll and his. He was already fast asleep.
 
`He's handsom when he's sleeping and not trying to grope me.' Sango thought as she went to sleep an her bed roll beside Miroku.
 
 
Well that's chaper one please review for I need the feed back