InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Loves ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha
 
 
Life's Loves
 
Chapter 7
 
Kagome had gotten up and was heading towards Rin to go and talk to the little girl. Carefully she walked back down the hill up to the stream where the little girl was playing in the water getting Jaken all wet. Luckily Rin had noticed Kagome coming towards her and stopped playing to greet her.
 
“Hello Kagome.” Rin said running up to her and giving her a hug.
 
“Hello Rin, is Sesshomaru around?” Kagome asked after greeting her and returning the hug.
 
“Yes, he should be here soon. He told me to go on ahead to play.” Rin responded. As soon as she had finished say this Sesshomaru appeared in the field and a low growl could be heard coming from Inuyasha who was standing near Kagome ready to protect he if necessary.
 
“Inuyasha,” Kagome warned. “You know what we have to do.”
 
He stopped growling and sighed in defeat. “I know. Still it isn't easy to go against your instincts.”
 
At this point Sesshomaru had walked up to the little stream and was looking at them with a critical eye. “What has happened to Naraku?”
 
“He was killed by us.” Inuyasha replied with pride. Sesshomaru only raised his eyebrows in response.
 
“And what of the jewel?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“It is gone from this world it was used to save Inuyasha's life but in the process it also merged our souls together.” Kagome answered.
 
“So I was correct in my suspisions that your souls are merged.”
 
“Yes, and since you now know that our souls are merged you also know that we've come to get your blessing so that we may save our lives.” Inuyasha said calmly and with respect.
 
“And I will grant you my blessing but you must answer my questions.” Seshomaru said. “Would you sacrifice your life for hers?”
 
“Yes, without a second thought if it meant her being safe.” Inuyasha replied truthfully.
 
“And you Kagome would you do the same?”
 
“Yes, I would move the heaven's and the earth to keep him safe if I'd have to.” Kagome replied honestly.
 
“Very well I will give you my blessing tonight where you both met for the first time.” Seshomaru said and turned to head back into the forest.
 
“Wait Sesshomaru why are you being reasonable about this?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“I owe you something for defeating Naraku which I had vowed to kill, but since it is the both of you that has killed him this will be how my self honor will be restored.”
 
“Thank you.” Kagome said. With that she took Inuyasha's arm and headed back up the hill to finish their lunch before a confrontation could occur between them.
 
After they had turned Sesshomaru turned and headed towards Kaede's village and the sacred tree where Inuyasha and Kagome had first met to fulfil his agreement to bless them.
 
“Come Rin.” Sesshomaru said.
 
“Coming lord Sesshomaru.” Rin said. “Come on master Jaken.”
 
“Why you…” Was all could be heard from Jaken as he tried to follow.
 
 
Back up on the hill
 
 
Lunch had finally been started and enjoyed, well enjoyed by Kagome but inhaled by Inuyasha as per his usual feeding habits. Once lunch was finished and everything was cleaned up and the fire put out they started back towards the village. They took their time getting back since they wanted to avoid the other's until their little quest could be completed.
 
It was nearing dusk when they arrived at the sacred tree Sesshomaru had not arrived which was weird considering he had left the field before them. They didn't think to much of it and decided to sit under the spot where they first met. The forest was quiet as if it could sense the presence of a great power.
 
They sat there in silence just enjoying each others company. The sky began to be lit by the million of stars that adorned the sky at night by the time that Sesshomaru finally made his pressence known to them. They got up and waited until Sesshomaru walked up to them.
 
“Kagome, do you have your first weapon with you?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“Yes, I have my bow and arrows with me.”
 
“Good you will need one of your arrows tips. Once I have found the spiritual point you will have to piece the skin with the arrow head and then your finger to mix your blood with his.”
 
“Alright.” Kagome said while taking out one of her arrows from it's quiver. As Kagome was doing this Sesshomaru walked up to Inuyasha and slowly lifted his hand to hover over Inuyasha's body.
 
“Inuyasha I give you my blessing to be with Kagome as life mates.” Sesshomaru said with his eyes closed and slowly moved his hand down his body to locate the spiritual point. Sesshomaru's hand suddenly stopped over the point where Kikyo's arrow had pierced Inuyasha's chest and the spot began to glow a soft blue. Once the spot was found Kagome proceded to remove Inuyasha's haori and under kimono. With the clothing removed Kagome pierced his skin with her arrow and finger then mixed their blood together.
 
“Now that the blood has been mixed Kagome you must clean the wound.” Sesshomaru instructed. With a look of embarasment she went up to Inuyasha and began to lick their blood off the tiny wound. Unknown to her as she continued to clean the wound the symbol that is to be her mark was forming. It looked like an arrow with the kanjis for healing love under it surrounded by a circle which was about the size of a quarter. Once the wound had stopped bleeding she stopped and looked at the sybol that was created it was still red but would change colour once she would be marked.
 
“My part is now complete. You now have three day's to get Kagome marked or you will have to start over again.” Sesshomaru said.
 
“Thank you.” Kagome said. “I have only one question before you leave.”
 
“What is your question?”
 
“Must my grandfather do the same thing as was done tonight to find my spiritual point?”
 
“Somewhat yes. But Inuyasha must help him since he is human he will not be able to find the point on his own.”
 
“And how do I do that exactly?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Just place your hand over his and guide him to where you feel the strongest pull of spiritual energy.” Sesshomaru said. He then turned and walked away bringing an end to the conversation and his obligation.
 
Kagome turned back to Inuyasha and gave him back his kimono and haori. Inuyasha put back on his clothes and then turned to Kagome.
 
“Did you want to go back to your time now or stay the night hear?” Inuyasha said giving her the choice hopeing she would chose her time. He didn't feel like dealing with the monk at the moment.
 
“Actually I wanted to stay here to ask Miyoga a few questions.” Was Kagome's reply.
 
“Very well let's go find the flea.”
 
 
Well that's chapter seven please review for I need the feed back