InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Like Toy Soldiers ❯ Like Toy Soldiers ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
I changed some of the lyrics to this song to fit the scene. Deal with it.
***************************************************************** ********
 
Step by step
Heart to heart
Left right left
We all fall down like toy soldiers
 
The white haired hanyou sat in the evening rain, tears blending with the rain as mud stained his pants. He looked down to the multiple flowers laid over the three graves. Slowly his head bowed under the pressure of the sorrow. They were gone.
 
Bit by bit
Torn apart
We never win
but the battle wages on for toy soldiers
 
His heart was falling apart slowly without them. They had been his friends, his family, his life. They had defeated Naraku, but lost something oh so dear in the process.
I'm supposed to be the soldier who never blows his composure
Even though I hold the weight of the whole world on my shoulders
I ain't never suppose to show it, my crew ain't suppose to know it
Even if it means going toe to toe with the Benzino, it don't matter
 
It was his fault. He hadn't saved them. He had lost it, and now they were dead. Naraku, that bastard. He had killed them! Inuyasha was angry, but his sorrow overpowered even his anger, and the tears returned.
 
I never drag `em in battles that I can handle less I absolutely have to
I'm suppose to set an example, I need to be the leader
My crew looks for me to guide 'em
If some shit ever just pop off I'm suppose to be beside `em
 
He had always handled things on his own. But he couldn't kill Naraku alone, and they had paid for it. Now they would never stand beside him again.
 
*Flashback*
Naraku was attaching again and they were all fighting. They were friends, so they fought together. That's how each of them thought of it. Naraku aimed at Kagome, and hit.
That Ja shit, I tried to squashed it, it was too late to stop it
There's a certain line, you just don't cross it, and he crossed it
I heard him say Kikyo's name on a song and I just lost it
 
Inuyasha looked in horror at the limp form that was once Kagome. “What do you think Inuyasha? Should I do this to Kikyo too?” Naraku asked, sneering. Red coursed through Inuyasha's eyes and he attached.
********
 
It was crazy, this shit went way beyond some Jay Z and Nas shit
And even though the battle was won, I feel like we lost it
I spent so much energy on it, honestly I'm exhausted
I'm so caught it I almost feel like I'm the one who caused it
Inuyasha collapsed. His claws were soaked in blood. He looked around him, realizing what he had done. He saw the dead Sango and Miroku and realized he had. He had lost control, and killed his friends.
 
*End Flashback*
 
Still have soldiers that is on the front line that's willing to die for us
As soon as we give the orders, never to extort us
Strictly to show they support us
Inuyasha squeezed his eyes shut. “I'm so sorry.” He whispered. He shifted slightly, so if he fell, he would lay beside of Kagome's grave. A single tear left his cheek as the rain slowed and he straitened two of his fingers. In one swift movement, the fingers shot strait through his throat. Inuyasha coughed blood, then fell, laying to rest beside his beloved. To stay by her and his best friends forevermore. A peaceful look fell over his face as his eyes glazed over.
 
The rain finally stopped and the mournful song of a close bird filled the air.