InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live for the Music ❯ Thursday Morning Blues, and The Rehearsal to Remember ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I own nothing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Live for the Music

Chapter Two- Thursday Morning Blues, and a Rehearsal to Remember

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"DAMNIT KAG! Get you butt outta bed now," Sango said as she continuously poked Kagome in the side. "We're gonna be late if you don't!"

"NANI!?" the girl shrieked and quickly threw the covers off of herself. "Sango-chan why didn't you try and wake me up earlier? What happened to my alarm clock going off? Gah!" she pulled herself off her bed and ran around like crazy, picking out clothing.

"Kagome-chan, chill we still have like 20 minutes before school actually starts. Besides, we all know that if your tardy you won't be jukei, it's just me we have to worry about. By the way, how is it you get away with unchi like that," Sango asked from her post on Kagome's bed.

"Ah, you just have to be rinji. Besides all that, I've got this bad feeling that today just isn't going to be my day," she muttered as she looked through her closet, then poked her hand out with a pair of gray pinstriped pants, and a purple tee-shirt that had a chain going across the front and said "Enslaved" on the back in black letters. "This look all right?"

"It's fine Kag, get dressed already."

Finally after 10 minutes of preparation for the day, the two girls made their way out of the house, and over to Sango's highly expensive Sun Fire. Yes, you read right folks, they might be low in social situations, but that doesn't mean their poor.

"What about Ambi-chan? Did she get a ride from her Mom or something? Are we gonna be late?" Kagome asked questions left and right on the short drive to school, while Sango informed her that, yes Ambi had gotten a ride from her Mom, and no they weren't going to be late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All right class, I hope you've all studied for this test. I've made sure it's extra hard for all you lazy people who don't even bother to take notes and such," the teacher -we'll call her Mrs.Shouse for lack of a better name- muttered, looking around the class room and lingering on people who, she knew didn't take the time to study.

'Oh shit, I knew there was something I didn't do last night!' Kagome thought grudgingly to herself, banging her head on the desk. 'Why me? Why do I have to be so dumb?'

"Is there a problem?" Mrs.Shouse said as she stopped at Kagome's desk while passing the 10 paged Honors Physics test out. "Or are you just trying to be a distraction in my classroom?"

"Well, you should know well enough by now that she LIVES for trouble," Kagome heard a sarcastic voice say from the other side of the room. 'Inuyasha,' she thought bitterly. 'shut the hell up before you get me in trouble,' of course she was smart enough to know better then to say that last thought out loud.

"No ma'am, I'm not trying to be a problem, please don't punish me. I really am sorry," she mumbled the reply Mrs.Shouse demanded they use whenever she thought her students where being out of line. 'This sucks, not only did I forget to study, but now I'm getting in trouble. Not good..'

"I'll let it slide this time, but don't let it happen again."

'Thank you,' she thought putting her hands together in a manner that looked like she was praying and looked up at the ceiling.

'Why is it, she gets away with shit like that, but the minute I try something, I'm sent right to detention,' Inuyasha thought to himself bitterly, sending a glare to Kagome. 'That's so annoying!'

And so the hour went on in the silence a major test demands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oi wench, wait a minute!" Inuyasha hollered over the noise of the crowded hallway, in attempt to get Kagome's attention. Of course she knew he was talking to her, because she was the only one he called that, so it was all good for him.

"What the hell do you want Inuyasha? To annoy me further? Because if that's what you want, then forget it," she snapped at him, as he caught up with her. "Don't think I didn't hear your little attempt to get me kicked out of class," Kagome continued at the look of pure innocence Inuyasha gave her.

"Keh, do you really think I care if you get kicked out of class? By the way, why is it that you didn't get kicked out? Is it because you..." Inuyasha trailed off as he caught the look Kagome was giving him.

"I don't know what your thinking, but whatever it is, you better stop that train of thought before I feel to the need to use my self-defense training on your sorry ass," she said calmly. "By the way, don't show up early for your rehearsal time this afternoon. We don't like being watched."

"Keh, for that, I'll make sure to be there right on time for your practice time. Besides, I think it'd be good if I got a better look at how you guys practice," he said with a smirk.

"Oh don't give me that look, you know you want me."

"Your confidence makes me sick Inuyasha, now if you don't mind I would like to get to my next class on time," with that said, she quickly walked past him and towards her honors Calculus class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

True to his word Inuyasha was in the auditorium waiting for the girls to come in for their practice. Of course Kagome warned them that he'd be there, but what she wasn't expecting was for Kikyo, Kouga, Miroku, okay basically all of Inuyasha's closest friends. "What the hell are they doing here Inuyasha, you said NOTHING about them," Kagome asked him.

"Yeah well, they pretty much invited themselves wench get over it," he said with a laugh. "Besides, they just wanted to see if you were really as bad as I have been telling them you are."

"Why you..." Kagome said and threw herself at him in rage. "I hate you! Your such a jerk! Grow up and act your fucking age for once Inuyasha," she struggled against her friends. "Why the hell are you all so intent to treat us like shit anyways?!"

"Because it's fun to watch you get all touchy about things," Inuyasha grinned. "Besides all that, we've come here to hear you practice so we want some practice now get your sorry asses up there," he demanded and laughed at the death glare Kagome gave him.

"Fine, come on girls," Kagome led the way to the stage carrying her equipment which consisted of her guitar, amp, and keyboard. After quick preparations they all looked at each other, for some sort of confirmation of what to sing. "How about we sing... 'Take me away' by Fefe Dobson, we haven't worked on our cover of that one in weeks," she suggested, with a new found happiness.

"That works for me," Ambi said with a smile at her friend's sudden burst of energy. "But Kag, I think it'd be a good idea if you settled down before we start. That's got some major guitar in it, and we all know you slip up every now and then, but it's ten times worse when your hyper."

"Hey, at least I try," Kagome said with a pout and picked up her guitar and played a few cords first. "Hey guys, hold up a sec, I need to tune really quick," she said as she plucked her tuner out of her guitar case, and went about tuning as fast as she could.

"How 'bout yet Kag," Sango asked watching from behind her drum set. "I know you know we don't have forever."

"Just about," she said as she tweaked the last string. "All set, lets get started!"

Sango started them off, and soon Kagome and Ambi joined in, when it came time Kagome, took off on lead with the lyrics, and Ambi and Sango adding in when necessary.

'I.. Was waiting all my life for just you

(I'm here without you)

And now... I'm staring in your eyes like a child

(All about you)

This was about the time Kagome had her first stumble of the practice and rebounded as quickly as she could. 'Ha! Eat that Inuyasha, I bet you couldn't do better then that,' she thought to herself as she continued singing. Even though she knew it was pretty sad to mess up in the first few seconds of the song.

'And in my mind it comes so easily

But there's a feeling coming over me

I wanna show you but there's nowhere we can be free

Everybody's watching'

Wouldn't it be good if we could be together.. '

'Take me away

Take me far away from here

I will run with you

Don't be afraid

Navigating I will steer

Into the sun, we will run'

The girls came together for the corous, and sung with a perfect kind of harmony that only years of practice could build, thus causing Inuyasha to jump back into his previously annoyed state.

'I try...

To remember when

I was just a child

In my room

My..

Imagination used to run wild

I never knew

Then nothing's ever as it seems to be

When u dream of life as a reality

It should be easy when two people love each other truly

Everybody's talkin'

Wouldn't it be good if people understood us'

'Take me away (away)

Take me far away from here

I will run with you

Don't be afraid (afraid)

Navigating I will steer

Into the sun, we will run'

'We..will run...

Whoa whoa whoa whoaa

We..will run..

Oh yeah yeah yeaah

Wouldn't it be good if people understood us

Wouldn't it be good if we could be together??

TAKE ME AWAY....!'

Take me away (take me away)

Take me far away from here

I'll run with you wherever you go

Don't be afraid (dont..be..afraid)

Navigating I will steer

Into the sun, we will run

Whoa whoa whoa

I'll run with you wherever you go..

Don't be afraid..

Lets runaway and I will steer

Into the sun..'

All music stopped and Kagome finished the end of the song by herself.

'We will run'

"Wau Kagome-chan, to be honest that was the best I ever heard you sing that one, and only one slip up with a quick rebound!" Ambi said excitedly. "Maybe we should have his royal highness and company here at our rehearsals more often."

"Yeah...Sugoi Kagome-chan! Hmm. I know what we can do now," Sango stated looking over at Kagome then to her keyboard. "Well, YOU can sing 'My Immortal' seeing as though you absolutely LOVE that song, and you've been begging us to let you play it for the last month and a half! It's the least we could let you do," and with that Sango stood, Ambi put her bass down, and they both walked off the stage.

"Demo you guys that's not fair!" she whined pathetically, but didn't stop from setting her guitar down, grabbed her stool she was sitting on and walked over to her keyboard. Looking down at her friends, "I'm not sure about this, like you said it's been a while since I've played it and I'm afraid I'll make a mistake..."

"Your to damn picky about stuff Kag, just play the music and sing the song. You'll do fine," Ambi shouted at her as her and Sango made their way to the back of the auditorium to listen better.

"Does she always yowanewohaku like this," she heard Inuyasha ask the two girls as they got back to their section. They both glared at him, but nodded their heads yes causing him to laugh. "I see..."

"Okay well if we're all done talking about my whining I'd like to start now," Kagome said into her microphone, and got silence in return. "Good."

She turned her attention down to the keys, then started playing the fifteen-second piano introduction, closing her eyes and thinking about it rather then watching it. When she opened her mouth, everyone was met with a heavenly sound, and sat in awe. Even Ambi and Sango had never heard her sing with such intensity, or tone for that matter.

'I'm so tired of being here

Suppressed by all of my childish fears

And if you have to leave

I wish that you would just leave

Because your presence still lingers here

And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal

This pain is just too real

There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears

When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears

And I've held your hand through all of these years

But you still have all of me

You used to captivate me

By your resonating light

But now I'm bound by the life you left behind

Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams

Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal

This pain is just too real

There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears

When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears

And I've held your hand through all of these years

But you still have all of me

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone

And though you're still with me

I've been alone all along'

When she finished she blinked a few times, was it just her... or did it sound like more then two people clapping? Better yet, why was anyone clapping? "Awe come on.. It wasn't that good," she laughed nervously. "Was it?"

"It was..."

'Who's voice was that,' she asked herself shuddering at the thought that the person who hated her the most was about to... compliment her?

"Amazing..." he finished, receiving a gasp from Kagome, stares from his friends, and Sango and Ambi weren't sure if they should pummel the hell out of his sorry ass, or be suprised.

'He did compliment me,' she thought staring at him. 'He must be sick... That's the only reasonable explanation for that,' she decided as she pulled her eyes over to her friends who just smiled. 'If they keep this up I might just build up some sort of complex...'

"T-thanks."

"No problem," he said, looking up at her. "Well," he felt rather ashamed of himself at the moment but continued anyways, "play another song. I want to hear another," he demanded, as he stood up and walked up closer to the stage. "But this time, I don't want you to play anything with it, I just want to hear vocals."

"What about those two?"

"What about them?"

"Do you want them to sing as well?"

"Iie," he stated simply and that ended all decision.

"Well, I don't know what song I should sing... My choices are very slim..." Kagome stated rather nervously, as she noticed she had a big crowd of people standing around her waiting for her to sing more.

"Oh come on Kag, remember the number one rule, when in doubt turn to Evanescence. Now get real, and pick a song," Ambi said causing Sango to laugh. "Seriously though, try 'Going Under' You usually do pretty good with that one."

"Yeah yeah... Are y'all ready," she asked irritably. She wasn't really use to these kinds of situations. Sighing at the nodding all around her, she opened her mouth and took a deep breath and literally belted it out.

'Now I will tell you what I've done for you

50 thousand tears I've cried

Screaming deceiving and bleeding for you

And you still won't hear me

Don't want your hand this time I'll save myself

Maybe I'll wake up for once

Not tormented daily defeated by you

Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom

I'm dying again

I'm going under

Drowning in you

I'm falling forever

I've got to break through

I'm going under

Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not

Always confusing the thoughts in my head

So I can't trust myself anymore

I'm dying again

I'm going under

Drowning in you

I'm falling forever

I've got to break through

So go on and scream

Scream at me I'm so far away

I won't be broken again

I've got to breathe I can't keep going under'

"Well, don't all talk at once, geez people." Kagome muttered after she caught her breath. "I know, it sucked didn't it. Oh Kami-sama I'm sorry," she went a mile a minute with all these apologies and rantings that finally whoever was closest to her threw a hand over her mouth.

"Ah, where exactly do you keep that volume? Singing is one thing, but wow... that was like singing on a totally different level. The tone was good, the quality was great, you didn't rush, and you were definitely heard." This time it was Kouga who spoke up first, and the person who's hand was over her mouth was quite obviously Ambi's because that would be the only reasonable explanation, seeing as though Sango was beating the hell out of Miroku for another set of his perverted antics, and she could see Inuyasha, and Kikyo.

'But wait a minute, Ambi-chan's hand isn't that big. So that means we received a visitor while I wasn't paying attention. Demo wouldn't someone had said anything?' she thought putting her hand up to the hand covering her mouth and removing it quite easily, then spun around to see whom it was.

"Naraku!" she said happily, looking up at her friend. "What do you think?" she asked him, poking him in the side. "Did I suck as bad as I think I did? Or is Kouga not as full of shit as he acts?"

"It was all right," he said taking the hand she was holding into his side and placed it down at her side. "Now, if we're all done here... Why don't I take you girls out somewhere?"

"Oi, that doesn't sound half bad!" Ambi said walking over to her bass and packing it away. "I haven't eaten since 6am this morning.. It's been about 13 hours, so take me to the food, and skip all that other junk."

"Awe for fucks sake Ambi, that's all you ever want to do is: eat, eat, eat. Honestly, where do you keep it all," Sango asked as she was starting to pack away her drumset.

"Oh leave the poor girl alone! You know full well that you eat a lot as well, and look at you! Your skin and bones," Kagome exclaimed, tapping her foot on the floor and waiting for the two girls to finish up. "Oh come on, I've been done for the last 5 minutes and I have the most stuff. That's pretty depressing."

"Yeah well, ladeda to you to," Ambii said and stuck her toung out. "Erm, I think we're done here now. Have a nice rehearsal guys," she exclaimed for her friends and they all walked out of the auditorium.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
Dictionary:
Jukei: to be punished
Unchi: shit
Rinji: special
Wau: wow
Sugoi: awesome
Yowanewohaku: to whine