InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live for the Music ❯ I Love you (Fluff alert @_@) ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I own nothing. Not even Shi or Ambi.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Live For The Music

Chapter Eleven- I Love you (Fluff alert @_@)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She sat there staring at him dumbfounded. Had he just said what she thought he did? Did he just say that the one thing he wanted-for now anyways- was her?

She eyed him suspiciously, still wondering if he had hit his head. Or maybe she just misheard him. Either way, what she thought he had said... it couldn't have been what she thought it meant.

"Surely you don't mean that Inuyasha... There's a lot of better people out there," she said as her gray-blue eyes started to brim over with tears.

She watched rather startled, as he stood from his spot and moved over next to her. "Don't ever think like that. Your perfect just the way you are Kagome," he pulled her into a hug. "Remember this one thing... As sick as it sounds, Kikyo was just a replacement for something I couldn't have at the time. But now that I have you, I'm not letting you go. Not now, not ever."

"Inu...Yasha," she looked up at him. "Do you mean it?"

"I mean it," he said then kissed her forehead. "I know it sounds weird, but I think I love you," he said with a dazed look in his eye. "I mean, I know that sounds weird and sappy and all that. But I really think that I am in love with you."

Kagome not being use to having someone talk to her like that, didn't know exactly what to say. So she did what ever confused girl in her situation would do. She started sobbing, and burrowed her head in his chest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How sappy," Sango muttered as she watched the scene before her. "I mean really, doesn't it just make you feel all nasty inside?"

"Well... If you mean nasty as in a "I wanna take you now, because you look so frustratingly sexy" then yes," Miroku answered.

"I'll pretend I didn't just hear that Miroku."

"Will you two shut the hell up before you call attention to us," Kouga said quietly, but it worked and they were all watching in silence now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I... I love you too Inuyasha," she whispered, head still burrowed into his chest. "This won't make things weird now... Will it," she asked finally deciding it was safe to look up at him.

"Why would things be weird Kagome," he asked with a chuckle. "I actually like things this wa..."

"Oh you," she said and swatted his chest. "I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to them," she said and pointed at their friends.

"Oh you were talking to them," he said numbly looking at his friends, then spotted his brother and his girlfriend Shi, and that's when all hell broke loose. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?! AND WHY DO I HAVE THE FEELING THAT WE HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT?!"

"Whatever do you mean Inuyasha," Ambrosia asked sweetly. "We weren't doing anything wrong, we were just here to get something to eat. That's all!"

"Yeah, well you all can't be here by coincidence. So tell me why you were spying on us," he demanded, getting laughs from all their friends.

"It's all right Yash, let's go somewhere else where we won't be interrupted," Kagome said, standing up and tugging on his arm. "Please?"

"Of course," he said wanting to be somewhere alone with her then with a group of people who were out to get him. "Where do you want to go?"

"Let's just go for a ride."

"If that's what you want," he started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh that was rich," Sango giggled looking around at her friends. "We need to do stuff like this more often."

"Agreed, though my brother has quite the temper," Sesshomaru muttered.

"But not as bad as mine can be," Shi exclaimed happily. "Besides, no one would know how to handle a temper like mine!"

"Eh... I wouldn't be bragging about having a temper problem Shi-san," Ambi said looking around the group. "Well, let's leave since our entertainment is gone now."

Everyone nodded and they left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later Inuyasha was sitting on the floor in front of Kagome's bed waiting for her to come back from her shower. She hadn't wanted him to leave yet, so she asked him to wait for her. His head started fell back on the bed and he stared up at the ceiling, listening for the water to turn off.

"Sorry it took so long," she said when she walked back into the room in her pajamas, which consisted of black silky pants and a red tank top. "But it was so relaxing, and I had trouble trying to put this stupid thing back on," she muttered as she adjusted the wrap that was around her chest.

"It's all right, why don't you rest now," he said as he stood up.

"Because if I do, I know you'll leave."

"I have to sooner or later Kag," he said softly.

"I know, demo... I just wanted you to stay with me a little while longer."

"All right," he said and covered her up when she finally laid down on the bed.

"Goodnight Inuyasha," she whispered looking up into his eyes, causing him to squirm a little.

"Good night Kagome," he said back and kissed her on the forehead.