InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Living a Lie ❯ Arrival ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm sorry this took so long, I really do like to be more prompt with updates. The whole unpacking and settling in is almost done so I should be back to normal soon enough. Thanks for the reviews and I hope you like the story!
 
“So she went back, I'm not surprised” Mrs. Higurashi said after Inuyasha explained everything to the family.
 
“Onee-chan will come back right?” Souta asked, staring up into Inuyasha's eyes.
 
“She said she would squirt. I'll make sure she does, if that means I have to pick her up and drag her back myself.” Inuyasha promised as he reached down to ruffle the boy's hair. “I wish I had more to tell you, but dad and Sesshomaru took her back to the Western Lands and left me here for now.”
 
“You should be heading back so that you can get back to our girl and take care of her.” Mrs Higurashi said as she stood to hug him goodbye. “Bring my baby girl back to me, Inuyasha” she whispered as she pulled away, a sad smile lingering on her lips.
 
“I will.” He promised as he turned and ran out of the room and back to the well house. I just hope she'll forgive me. He thought as the darkness enveloped him before a bright pink light flashed.
 
 
The trio exited the forest as dawn was just approaching. Kagome gasped as she took in the sight before her. The trio entered into a village where Sango expressed her appreciation again and asked Kagome to come visit her in the village sometime before bowing and taking her leave. The “village” was the size of a small city in the future. It completely encircled the castle that stood towering in the center. A large wall encompassed the castle, along with a barrier that Kagome could sense - much to Sesshomaru's surprise. The castle had four main entrances and a few secret ones that Sesshomaru instructed her about - one of which was their entrance in.
 
“Why do we have to take a secret entrance?” Kagome asked as Sesshomaru led her into an underground tunnel.
 
“We cannot alert everyone to your presence. That is also why we arrived so early in the morning, your clothing would have given you away in an instance.” He explained, eying her clothing in disgust. So disgraceful he thought as they continued on.
 
“Why can they not know?”
 
“All of your questions will be answered by your parents soon enough --- woman.” Sesshomaru bit back, stumbling over what to call her for a moment. She's not a priestess, and calling her a half-breed would be disrespectful - let alone make father very displeased with me. He grumbled to himself as he continued their trek in silence.
 
Reaching the end of the tunnel, Sesshomaru extended his right arm above his head as he traced a figure on the stone wall before them. The figure illuminated as the shape of a crescent moon. The wall separated as a set a stairs sat before them.
 
“We're here.” he said as he stepped to the side and motioned for her to go on ahead. Kagome mentally subdued the butterflies in her stomach before ascending the stairs to a dimly lit room.
 
Inuyasha leaped out of the Goshinboku as he stretched and looked up at the sky. The sun was just rising above the horizon, signaling it was still early.
 
“I see you wake much earlier than you used to.” Kikyo mocked from behind the tree as Inuyasha spun on his heels at the sound.
 
“Kikyo. What are you doing here?” Inuyasha thought as he stood his ground away from her.
 
“Is that anyway to greet me after all this time?” she cooed as she walked towards him.
 
“All this time?! Did you forget about last night when you tried to kill Kagome?!” Inuyasha raged as he pushed her away from him.
 
“I told you. It was for the best. She's a lose cannon, a disgraceful priestess half-breed.” Kikyo ranted, immediately regretting what she had said.
 
“Half-breed?” Inuyasha whispered as he closed his eyes momentarily. “I see you haven't changed a bit from the first time we met. I was stupid to think you had.” he snarled as he turned away and headed towards the village.
 
“Inuyasha wait. I didn't mean it to come out like -” Kikyo tried to plead as she followed behind him.
 
Cutting her off, Inuyasha came to a halt as he called back at her “You told my father there was work for me to do in the village, correct? Let's get it over with so that I can go back where I belong.”
 
Leaping off into the treetops, Inuyasha rushed on to village ahead of Kikyo.
 
“Inuyasha, you idiot.” Kikyo whispered as she shamefully bowed her head and followed behind him.
 
“You made it!” Shira exclaimed as she leaped up from her seat and rushed to Kagome as soon as her head appeared out of the floor.
Entering into the room, Kagome's breathe hitched in her throat. The room was gorgeous, to say the least. There were candle fixtures hanging along the walls, a very dimly lit room, no windows - obviously hidden well within the center of the castle. Turning to look for Sesshomaru, Kagome was shocked to see him walking out from what seemed to be a solid stone floor. Dark ebony colored furniture sat scattered across the room - a desk, many chairs, a couch, etc. Some of the walls were covered in ornate tapestries while the rest were covered in shelves of scrolls.
 
“Let us get you bathed, changed, and fed. Then we will talk” her mother instructed as she ushered Kagome out before she could even peep. Looking back quickly before she left she saw Inu no Taisho enter through a tapestry, followed by another male demon lord. The two were coming to speak with Sesshomaru, Kagome assumed as her mother led her down corridor after corridor.
 
“Did you have any problems on your journey?” Inu no Taisho interrogated Sesshomaru as soon as they were alone.
 
“Only one. A panther demon ventured into our territories and attacked a local woman. She is a demon exterminator from the village. Her name was Sango I believe, I think she is one of the royal guards.” Sesshomaru explained as the three men settled around the desk, maps strewn out on it.
 
“Did the demon identify Kagome?” The third demon asked as he finally spoke. The demon stood equal in height to both Sesshomaru and Inu no Taisho. His long silver hair tied in a light pony tail at the base of his neck. Both demon lords wore a simple kimono and hakama pants. Inu no Taisho wore a red hakama with a white kimono, while the unnamed lord wore a silver kimono with a dark blue hakama.
 
“He did, but he did not survive the battle to tell a soul. I feel the woman may have recognized her, but knew her place to hold her tongue about it.” Sesshomaru answered.
 
“We cannot let Shin find her here.” The demon lord stated outright as the other two nearly nodded in agreement.
 
“If Shin were to find her in her present state, she would be unfit to defend herself. The efforts you and Shira took to protect her would end up being for naught Hiroshi-san” Inu no Taisho reminded as the two older men turned to gaze at Sesshomaru.
 
“What is it you want from me?” Sesshomaru asked immediately. “I am not a baby-sitter, nor am I her betrothed anymore. We made that deal long ago father!” he bellowed at their insinuation.
 
“We made our deal, and we will keep to it Sesshomaru. You do not have to mate with Kagome, you are free to find our own mate. I am not suggesting you baby-sit her, I am suggesting you train her to protect herself. Perhaps teach her to control that whip of hers that Shira told us about. Shira will cover the miko training, and perhaps this Sango woman would be a fine companion to train Kagome to use a katana or kodachi. She will learn to defend herself, she has to to survive here.” Inu no Taisho explained as the two other men nodded in agreement.
 
“Very well, I will do my best to train the woman, but no on must know she is here or else word will find its way back to Shin. That worm has his eyes and ears everywhere.” Sesshomaru agreed as the men settled down to create a plan.