InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Living a Lie ❯ Reconciliations ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

First off, thank you for the reviews. Second, sorry it is taking a lot longer to update than I'd hoped, I am trying to get things in order to head back to school. Now on to the reviews. No there will not be a Naraku, I kinda got tired of writing him, and if I told you who Kagome ends up with where the fun be? :-D Keep reviewing and of course, Keep reading! On with the story!
 
Kagome woke early the next day as she stretched and took in her surroundings. There was no one to be seen around her, but she could sense someone's presence watching her.
 
“Sesshomaru? Is that you?”
 
A figure leaped down from the tree behind her as a rather angry voice replied back.
 
“No, why the hell would that ass be around?”
 
“Oh good morning Inuyasha.” Kagome replied as she stood up and turned around to see him. “Well he was here last night. I woke up and he was watching over me.”
 
“Sess did what?” He was watching over her? It must have been while I was speaking with dad. Why would he do that, he hates having to take care of inferior beings.
 
“Inu?”
 
“Huh? What? Oh sorry.”
 
“I just, I wanted to say I'm sorry” walking up to him she reached out and wrapped her arms around his neck and threw herself at him, leaning her head on his shoulder. “I didn't mean to get that angry at you, and I shouldn't have. I was just so confused, I didn't know who to get mad at and I didn't know my parents well enough I guess. Somehow I always knew you'd forgive me, but I wasn't sure they ever would and I needed them to accept me, I needed my questions answered.”
 
Pulling back, Inuyasha looked down at her, a huge grin on his face.
 
“What are you smiling at? I'm trying to apologize here.”
 
“You're rambling. You're apologizing, but you're rambling. You were right Kags, I could never stay mad at you, but you had every right to be angry. I'm impressed you were as calm as you were. I would have been furious if the secret had been kept from me that long.”
 
Stepping apart, the two walked over to Kagome's room and sat down on the floor facing each other.
 
“I was angry, I was furious. I was mad that I wasn't really a Higurashi, that my whole life in the future was a lie. I was mad at mom, I was mad at you and gramps, but not Souta. I miss Souta. But I couldn't be mad at Hiroshi and Shira, I hardly know them, how could I hate them - truly hate them?”
 
“You don't have the capacity for hate in your heart Kags, you and I both know that.”
 
Smiling she simply stared at him.
 
“What? What did I do?”
 
“Nothing, I'm just sorry I ran from you. You are the one person here who really knows me, I shouldn't have run from you but you defended that horrible woman.”
 
“Kikyo isn't horrible.”
 
“You're still defending her!” Jumping to her feet, Kagome turned her back on him. “She tried to kill me! How could you defend a bitch like that?!”
 
Jumping to his feet as well, he yelled back “She's not a bitch! You don't know her like I do,” seeing Kagome visibly flinch at his words, he quickly calmed down and tried to recover, “and she doesn't know you like I know you either.” Walking over to her, he placed his hands on her shoulders to reassure her. “You two need to take the time to get to know one another. Whether you like it or not, you're sisters.”
 
“Half”
 
“Half then, but still you're family.”
 
“So what if I give her a chance? What if she tries to kill me again?”
 
“She won't. I know it.”
 
Turning to look at him, she shrugged his hands off her shoulders. Staring him deep in the eyes, Inuyasha began to squirm under her intense gaze.
 
“Answer me one question.”
 
“Alright...”
 
“Who is she?” opening his mouth to reply, Kagome cut him off. “Who is she to you? What is she to you Inuyasha? I want the truth, and I want everything.”
 
Inuyasha stood dumbfounded as he tried to find the right words to explain it. But before he could reply, a knock on the door caused them both to jump.
 
Thank you whoever you are.
 
The door opened as Sesshomaru peaked around the corner.
 
“Sesshomaru.” Kagome greeted with a smile.
 
“Good morning Lady Kagome”
 
“How many times do I have to ask you to just call me Kagome.”
 
“Just once more as always, Lady Kagome.” a smirk appeared on his lips as Kagome pouted
 
What the hell? Inuyasha thought as he watched the two interact.
 
“I thought I'd find you here brother. I was sent to find you. You are to train with father a bit today here in the fortress.”
 
“I thought we were leaving first thing.” Inuyasha argued back.
 
“That is the other reason I am here. Lady Kagome, your mother has fallen ill, nothing serious but enough to delay our departure. If you wish, you may go see her whenever you're ready, but afterwards you will spend the rest of the day training with me. Lady Sango will be there nearby for training as well, but the bulk of the day will be spent controlling your whip and focusing your mind.”
 
“Alright. Let me change and I want to see my mother immediately.”
 
“I'll just wait outside then.” Sesshomaru nodded before he ducked back out.
 
“Give Shira my love, and I'll catch up with you later. Hopefully I'll still be in one piece.” Inuyasha joked as he headed for the door.
 
“Don't even think for a moment that I've forgotten that you still owe me an answer.”
 
“Wouldn't dream of it.” flashing her a smile, he turned and walked out, closing the door behind him.
 
“Quite a mess you've gotten yourself into little brother.”
 
“What of it, just butt out!”
 
“Would you have preferred me to butt out and not interrupted your conversation before?”
 
“You were spying on us?!”
 
“Oh give me a break Inuyasha, my hearing is acute enough to hear you without trying. All I heard was Lady Kagome questioning your relations with the miko. The miko that attempted to purify Kagome.”
 
“I know what she did, and I know why she did. She won't do it again.”
 
“What did she give you her word? After what happened before, does that really hold any weight?”
 
“I trust her, and she apologized. I know that that isn't enough, don't even give me that look.” Inuyasha spat as Sesshomaru crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. “She still has a long way to go, but she's trying. That's the best we can ask for right now.”
 
“Well she'll have to do better if Lady Kagome is to remain safe.”
 
“What are you implying?!”
 
“That Kikyo may want Kagome out of the way so she can get you!”
 
The two brothers stood nose to nose, glares sending daggers between the two.
“That's enough!” Kagome yelled as she threw the door open. “You two would do well to remember that while I am still training, my hearing has improved immensely since I've been here.” Turning on Inuyasha she continued. “You! Don't you have a father to report to? I'm sure Inu no Taisho is not one to keep waiting.” Spinning on Sesshomaru, the smirk left his face immediately under Kagome's gaze. “As for you, I'll deal with you later.”
 
Throwing the two apart, Kagome stormed off in the direction of her mother's room.
 
Kikyo may want Kagome out of the way so she can get you!” , “After what happened before..” The words echoed in Kagome's mind, fueling her anger as she stormed on. I've had just about enough secrets for one lifetime.
 
The two brothers stared dumbly at where Kagome's form disappeared, the two now feet apart.
 
“Kags really got stronger.”
 
“Lady Kagome” Sesshomaru corrected, “Has newly awakening powers. She does not even realize her full potential yet.” Sesshomaru straightened his clothes out before turning away and heading after her.
 
“Why did you watch after her last night?” Inuyasha called after, causing Sesshomaru to pause.
 
“She's in much more danger than just her powers getting out of control.”
 
“So? Why do you care? You've never taken an interest in the well-being of another, unless they were family and even then you didn't care what happened to me.”
 
“Just because I don't show it, it doesn't mean their well-being doesn't matter to me. Kagome-sama requires more training before she'll be able to take care of herself. Besides, any daughter of Hiroshi and Shira is practically family anyway.”
 
“Sure Sess, whatever you say. She's not stupid you know, and despite what you may think, I'm not either. She may have great potential and powers, but she's still very vulnerable and scared. Just don't hurt her.” Turning away, Inuyasha leaped out the window to report to his father.
 
“I'd never dream of it” Sesshomaru whispered as he followed after Kagome.
 
 
Tada! Okay so yes I know this doesn't answer any questions, just makes more! I hope you liked it, just leave me a review and let me know if you did. I hope to update again this week before Friday. Please Review!