InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Living a Lie ❯ Hope ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

First of all, I would like to say that I should be sleeping/studying/doing my homework, but because so many of you reviewed so much and were so concerned with what happens, I decided to procrastinate a LITTLE since it is the weekend and work on it for you. I do have a very busy day tomorrow, so FEEL LOVED! And THANK YOU so much for reviewing *bows to readers* Anyway, continuing the story now!
 
Sesshomaru rushed on back towards the forest, his heart constantly pulling him in the other direction - knowing he was flying further and further away from the woman he loved. And the demon inside him, well that was telling him to slit the throat of the pathetic wench in his arms that very instant. Conflicts were raging within the stoic demon Lord, and it was becoming visible in his features too.
 
“Jaken?”
 
“Yes Lord Sesshomaru?”
 
“Are you alright?”
 
“Yes milord, thank you again for saving my life” bowing he groveled the best he could upon the cloud.
 
“Please stand up, there is no need for that. It is my fault that I put you into that situation, and my fault that Kagome has ended up in the one she is now.”
 
“No Lord Sesshomaru, it is not your fault things have happened the way they have. Regardless of your involvement, Shin would have gone after Kagome-sama and my predicament was my own. I was careless and allowed Kirika-san to capture me, I was and still am proud to serve milord. My only regret to you is that I cannot lead you to Shin now.”
 
“That's alright, we will find him one way or another.” We have to.
 
Cries echoed out as Shin landed a blow to Kagome's face once again.
 
“Ah, the torture you endure for the mistakes your parents and lover made. What a shame. You should never have returned.” Raising his hand to strike again, his voice level rose to a scream “YOU'RE AN ABOMINATION! HOW COULD ANYONE WANT YOU?!” hitting her again he cackled as he continued his verbal abuse. “They aren't even coming to save you now.” Laughing to himself he took a step back and as he wiped his hand across his sweaty forehead.
 
Kagome opened her eyes and gazed upward at him, not daring to move her head as she watched him and waited. Seeing his guard was down, she lunged herself forward, until the chains went taunt and launched her head into his own. The strike sent Shin reeling backwards and the force of the chains pulled Kagome back against the wall, her metal encased hands slamming into the stone.
 
“YOU STUPID WENCH!!!!” a small trail of blood trickled down the side of his face as he stood to stare down at her. “Perhaps I cannot break you by beating you” taking a step forward, he extended his right hand and with his index finger slid it down the side of her face to her neck. “I may have to take more drastic measures.” Pulling her body upward by her neck, Shin brought her face inches from his own. “Then maybe you Lord won't want a pathetic, broken half-breed”
 
As Kagome's wall began to disintegrate, her emotions got the better of her. Her anger welled within her as her disgust focused it upon the hand holding her neck. Shin's foul breath began to assault her face and neck as she gritted her teeth in anger. And in a n instant, Shin threw her down and jumped backward as he clutched his right wrist with his left hand, staring down at the burn blisters forming on his palm.
 
“What the hell is this?!” screaming he ran forward and kicked Kagome in the side before storming out of the room and leaving her to her thoughts.
 
I purified his skin with just the contact with my own skin.
 
Concentrating, she was able to bring forth her powers to the surface of her skin, just as she had with her whip. Sinking to her knees, she rested with her head against the wall and allowed her arms to rest above her as her hands hit the wall above her.
 
A slight cracking sound caught her attention as she moved her fingers around as much as she could within the metal casing. A slight change in texture dawned on her as she realized that she had damaged the casing as she was thrown against the wall earlier. Confidence and hope empowering her onward, she sat more upright on her knees, relieving the tension from her arms as she began to strike that spot of the casing against the wall behind her.
 
If I can break through a tiny bit, at least I could heal myself while the boys try to find me.
 
Arriving at the fortress, Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku and Kikyo ran as fast as they could to Inu no Taisho's study, certain that is where Sesshomaru would be. Entering the room, they found a sight to behold.
 
Sesshomaru stood off to the side, emotion riddling his normally stoic face as he stared out the window at the sunrise, Hiroshi attempting to calm his furious wife from attempting to purify Kirika, and Inu no Taisho discussing with Jaken possible locations for Shin's hide out.
 
“Is there any news?” Inuyasha asked as he ran forward to his father and the trio trickled in behind him.
 
“None yet, Sesshomaru can't seem to catch her scent on the breeze anywhere.” Inu no Taisho explained as he looked up from a map.
 
“Shin's blocking it. I know he is. I can feel that she's hurting, I just - I just can't sense where she is” Sesshomaru's voice faltered as he admitted his weakness - his inability to save the one he loves.
 
“What about her?!” Kikyo yelled as she stormed towards Kirika, Miroku jumping between them. “She knows where they are! Make her tell us!”
 
“Kikyo, sweetheart.” Shira soothed as she calmed down and rushed to her daughter's side. “Hurting her won't stop the pain that Shin is putting Kagome through, and in the long run it won't make us feel better either.”
 
“But, we have to find her. She helped me, she treated me like her sister even though I tried to kill her” tears began to fall down her cheeks as she embraced her mother. “Why can't I help her, why can't I sense her?”
 
“Shin must be using some sort of barrier that is preventing us from getting to her, but shhhhh, we'll find her. We just have to.”
 
Solemn expressions passed between the group as Kirika sat confident in the corner.
 
Fools, they know I'll never talk. My father would be proud of me for the sacrifice I'm making, he's proud of the work I've done for his revenge. I'll be saved and regain my father's love.
 
“Lord Shin! Your hand, what did you do?” Kouji exclaimed as he rushed to Shin's side to aid him.
 
“Leave it alone! It's nothing. The wench is stronger than I presumed. She can purify me merely through skin to skin contact. Such a nuisance.” mumbling he walked over to his desk and opening a drawer, he pulled out a black glove that he pulled over his injured hand.
 
“Sir, you really should have that checked out.”
 
“It's nothing. It'll be a mark of pride once I've disposed of that wench”
 
“Uh..excuse me sir.” a timid voice called from the shadows as Shin spun towards the sound.
 
“What is it?! Can't you see I am busy?!”
 
“I apologize sir” the servant cowered as they bowed from where they stood. “I was told to deliver a message to you, sir. It is of some urgency.”
 
“Well spit it out!”
 
“It is your daughter sir,” Shin visibly flinched at the word Daughter as the servant nervously continued “She's been captured. She was seen in Lord Sesshomaru's presence, unconscious, and being transported to the fortress sir.”
 
“Why is that of any importance? If the girl was stupid enough to get caught, then she should be tortured and executed. What concern is it of mine?!” Waving the servant away, Shin stormed off through another door as Kouji merely stood in shock.
 
“Kirika, what are you doing? If Shin won't save her, then I'll have to. She'll hate me for what I'm going to do, but for her life I'll take her hatred.” Rushing out the door, Kouji set off towards the Western Lands and towards Kirika.
 
Sess?” Inuyasha called as he walked up to his brother. The two standing on the balcony outside Sesshomaru's study.
 
Inuyasha, I figured someone would find me sooner or later.”
 
She'll be fine you know.”
 
How can you be so sure? You don't know Shin like I do.”
 
Yeah, but I've known Kagome our whole lives. She won't give up, she'll fight.”
 
That's what I'm afraid of, she'll get herself killed fighting back.”
 
SESSHOMARU! INUYASHA!” Miroku's frantic voice carried from the study to the balcony.
 
Oye, out here!” Inuyasha yelled back as the two turned towards the doorway.
 
Hurry, come quick. Someone has been brought in my the guards. He's here for Kirika.”
 
Hearing that, Sesshomaru rushed out towards the study, the two tailing behind him.
 
Bursting through the doorway, Sesshomaru came face to face with Kouji as he stood off to the side, no guards and not tied down at all.
 
What's going on!?” Sesshomaru bellowed as he began to approach a now backing away Kouji.
 
Sesshomaru stop, wait.” Inu no Taisho called over, catching Sesshomaru's attention. “He's here to make a deal. He's willing to lead us to Shin and Kagome in return for Kirika's safety.”
 
Kouji! Get out you traitor! You'd sell my family out! And for what? My father will come to get me soon enough.”
 
NO HE WON'T! Don't you get it yet Kirika?” walking over to her, he knelt in front of her. “You're disposable to him, just another minion to do is dirty work for him. He'll never see you for who you truly are. He knows that you are kidnapped and willingly brushed it off by saying it was your fault for being caught in the first place.”
 
LIES! My father is proud of me for what I've done. I've led him to his revenge!”
 
No, you were a tool that he will now discard to the side.”
 
Tears began to fall down her cheeks as she shook her head from side to side. “LIES! LIES!”
 
No, they're not, and I'm sorry that they're not” extending a hand upward, he caught her chin between his index finger and thumb. “To him you're nothing and he won't come to save you, but I have.” Standing up he turned away from her and faced the group. “I will show you where he is, but there is a barrier that I cannot get back through. It is quiet strong, I'm not sure how you can get in, but I can take you as far as the barrier. If you do not trust me, Kirika can remain here with your parents until we return with Kagome.”
 
I'll agree to that” Sesshomaru nodded as he stepped forward and extended his hand to Kouji. “It seems we have something in common. A woman we love in danger that we're willing to risk it all to save.”
 
Agreed.” Shaking hands the two demons shared a mutual understanding of one another for a brief moment.
 
The question is, how will you get past the barrier” Inu no Taisho murmured off to the side.
 
If I may.” Kikyo chimed in. “I could get them past the barrier depending on the strength of the barrier.”
 
Smiling to her, Shira walked over and hugged her daughter as she stared at the group once more.
 
Please be careful, and please bring my other daughter back to me.”
 
Nodding in agreement, the group walked out and headed off towards the gates, as Hiroshi walked over and untied Kirika. Tears still pouring down her cheeks, Kouji stepped forward and pulled her to his chest.
 
They'll get her out and I'll be back for you. I'm sorry it has to be this way, you or your father, but remember you always have me.”
 
Stepping back he ran out the door, following behind the group.
 
Kirika, would you like a bath and some food?” Shira asked as mother mode clicked on as she watched the girl stare hopelessly at the spot where Kouji disappeared, and tears stained her face.
 
It's further East” Kouji yelled out as he ran side by side with Sesshomaru. “The barrier encompasses a large area. The problem is that Shin has a lot of, well, minions to be honest. They will remain loyal to him to the death and stop at nothing to stop you.”
 
Then they will maintain that loyalty to the grave. They will not stop us.” Sesshomaru yelled back as the group rushed onward.
 
Sesshomaru, please hurry echoed in his heart as he swore he could hear Kagome's cries and feel her pain.
 
 
One hour, 5 pages, I think I did well for myself. Sorry but probably not another update until at least Tuesday night, if not Thursday. Enjoy the week and please review! Oh and for those of who you asked, my new house was nice, but now I'm back at school not living there anymore!