InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Living a Lie ❯ Revenge ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The group rushed onward through a dense forest, the entourage led by Kouji followed by Sesshomaru and Inuyasha - Kikyo on his back, and Sango and Miroku on Kirara above. The trees thickened as Kouji slowed his pace. Coming to a halt, the group stared around clearly bewildered as why they stopped.
 
“We're here.” Kouji announced as he turned to face the group.
 
“Here? Where's here?” Inuyasha asked as he felt Kikyo stir and he released her to slide to her feet.
 
“We're at the barrier. And as Kouji described, a powerful one at that.” Walking forward, Kikyo extended her hands in front of her as she closed her eyes. “Very powerful. I'll do my best, but I can't be certain that the gap I open will be open long. Be prepared to run through.”
 
Turning to ensure they were all prepared, and receiving nods all around she turned her attention back to the barrier as she once again closed her eyes. A bright aura began to form around Kikyo as it all concentrated to the spot between her hands and the barrier. Expanding outwards, the aura began to puncture through the barrier, spreading outwards and opening a gap.
 
“NOW!” Kikyo yelled as one by one the group rushed through the gap she had created until she herself jumped through it as it closed behind her.
 
“Kikyo that was amaz- KIKYO!” Inuyasha yelled as he rushed forward to catch the collapsing woman. “Kikyo, are you alright.”
 
“I-I'm fine.” her eyes fluttered open as she spoke, taking a deep breath and looking around she pushed herself to stand again.
 
Her knees buckled from under her again as she tried to stand. Catching her again, Inuyasha began to berate her.
 
“You used too much energy to open the barrier, you need to rest. I'll stay here with you and the rest can go on ahead.”
 
“NO! You need to go to Kagome. They will need your strength to help them past the guards that Kouji mentioned.”
 
“Then she'll ride with me.” Sango declared as she beckoned Kirara to her side.
 
Helping Kikyo to stand, Inuyasha helped her onto Kirara's back as Sango sat behind her and held her steady with one arm while the other held her weapon over her shoulder.
 
“We're ready. Lead the way.” Sango motioned as the group ran off towards the compound, everyone's weapons at the ready.
 
Kagome heard the metal begin to give way little by little with every strike against the wall behind her.
 
Almost there. Just a little more time. Heavy footfall rushing by her cell door began her blood pumping faster. They're here, I know they are. I don't have much time.
Raising herself up with new determination, she began to throw her hands into the wall with a new fervor.
 
“Lord Shin!” a voice yelled as they burst through his private study doors.
 
“Why are you disturbing me!?” he bellowed in response as he stood from behind his desk, quickly and recklessly wrapping his injured hand.
 
“They're here. Inu no Taisho's sons. They have breached the barrier and are headed this way.”
 
“Then send guards to stop them!”
 
“We have, they have a miko, exterminator, monk and Kouji with them sir. They are knocking down whatever forces we send.”
 
“Then go yourself and stall them. Buy as much time as you can!” he yelled as he motioned them out and began pacing the room.
 
They've come for the girl. Sesshomaru would kill me in an instant without his father's level head here to stop him. Standing tall with a new resolve, Shin made up his mind as he stormed out of the room. If I'm going to die for taking this girl, then I'll have to take her with me. Those fools will rue the day they invoked my wrath.
 
Approaching the door that held Kagome, a sadistic smile lingered on his lips as he burst through the doorway.
 
“My dear, don't tell me you've been trying to escape. Didn't I tell you it was futile?” Walking forward he grasped the back of Kagome's hair as he pulled her upward to look him deep into the eye.
 
Kagome attempted to struggle free, still throwing her encased hands against the wall.
 
“Futile efforts girl, futile efforts.”
 
Throwing her backwards against the wall, her hands slammed into the wall as her head followed just below her wrists. The force of the blow threw Kagome into a groggy consciousness as Shin paced before her, thoughts of how to destroy her lingering in his mind.
 
“WIND SCAR!”
 
The group barreled through the mass of minions sent their way, Sesshomaru and Inuyasha slashing through them with their Tetsaiga and Tokijin, Sango slashing through groups with her Hiraikotsu, Kikyo purifying rows of them with her bow and arrow, and Kouji and Miroku slashing through hand-fulls at a time with their own sword and staff.
 
“Where is Kagome?” Inuyasha yelled over to Kouji as he continued his assault.
 
“She's in the main building, near the center. She's being held in a central room, chained to the wall and her hand encompassed so that she cannot form her purifying whip.”
 
As the attackers began to thin out Sesshomaru turned and yelled back to the group.
 
“Can you take care of this group while we run ahead? Shin must know we're here by now and will try to either harm or move Kagome.”
 
“Go ahead, these minions aren't even a challenge” Sango yelled back as Kirara landed briefly so she could hop off before launching back into the air for Kikyo to continue her air assault.
 
Nodding to each other, Inuyasha and Sesshomaru slashed through a few last demons before launching over them and rushing towards the building, cutting down any demon in their path.
 
Screams echoed forth from Kagome's mouth as Shin once again assaulted her abdomen with his demon whip. Lacerations riddled her body from the torture he inflicted. Laughing to himself, Shin lashed out just above Kagome's head to frighten her.
 
Screaming as it rushed towards her face, Kagome winced and pulled on her wrists trying to protect her face with her hands. The jolt on her wrists caused her to wince in pain as her hands fought against the binding again. Feeling around, she felt a small hole in the encasement.
 
A smile graced her lips as she began to chuckle to herself.
 
“What are you laughing at bitch?!” Shin bellowed as his pupils narrowed in shock as he witnessed Kagome transforming.
 
Raising herself up onto her knees as high as she could go, silver seeped into her hair, her markings on her wrists thickening, her canines grew out, markings began to appear on her right cheek as blood red began to seep into her eyes as well.
 
“You foolish bastard.” Kagome cackled, her voice dropping lower as she raised her head up to look him in the eyes. “Your death will be my family's revenge. Revenge for separating us for so long, revenge for what you did to me, and revenge for what you did to Inuyasha and Sesshomaru's family as well!”
 
“What are you babbling about you stupid bitch? You are still bound. You are helpless” laughing he regained his composure as he took a step forward, raising his hand to lash his whip down on her once more. Flicking his wrist down, his whip wrapped around Kagome's neck, forcing her head to look upwards. “Now die!”
 
Preparing to pull his wrist back and end her life, Shin's eyes widened in horror as Kagome's whip came to life through the small break in the casing. Wrapping around Shin's upper arms, she immobilized his arms and pinned them to his upper body.
 
The door burst open in that instant as Sesshomaru and Inuyasha rushed in, shock apparent on both their faces as they took in the scene before them.
 
A smirk came to Kagome's eyes as fear flashed in Shin's eyes.
 
“NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!” he screamed as the pain from her whip caused his to deform and his body to contort in pain as the whip seared into his skin.
 
“Kagome, stop it!” Sesshomaru yelled as he rushed forward and knelt before her. Placing his hands on either side of her face, he held her forehead to his as he continued to whisper to her. “Kagome don't do this. Control it. I know your demon side is trying to protect you, but you don't have to, I'm here now. Stop this, this is not you, you're not a killer. Let us take care of him, don't taint your hands, they're too pure. Once you spill another being's blood it will be on your hands forever. Please stop, for me.”
 
Leaning down, Sesshomaru placed his lips over hers. As he kissed her, black began to seep back into her hair as her features returned to normal and her whip began to dissipate. As soon as her whip was gone, Inuyasha rushed forward and grabbed hold of Shin. Raising his hand over his head, Inuyasha smacked Shin over the head knocking him out cold.
 
As Sesshomaru pulled away, Kagome slumped her head against his shoulder as he reached his hands up and formed his poison whip to free her wrists. Lifting a now unconscious Kagome into his arms bridal style, he turned to look at Inuyasha who had unceremoniously thrown Shin over his shoulder and was prepared to head out as well.
 
Rushing out of the building they caught up to the rest of the group as they all took of, leaving the minions in their wake as they rushed back to the Western Lands and to the fortress.
 
Sorry it took so long, I think I'm going to try to update by this time next week. I figure if I put too early of a deadline for myself I'll just disappoint myself and my valued readers if I fail. Whereas if I say I'll post next week and get the chance to work on it sooner it will be a nice surprise for both of us. I hope you liked it, please review! And thank you to all of you who have been regularly and loyally reviewing each chapter, it makes me feel good and gives me a great reason to keep writing.