InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Logical ❯ Trapped ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: Inuyasha: A feudal Fairytale © Rumiko Takahashi / 2000, 2005 Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, SUNRISE. I am doing this purely for amusement value and make no money off this story. I make no claim to the Inuyasha characters or story; they belongs to the original manga and anime.

Title: Logical

Author: Kiten Kaiba

Rating: PG

Summary: Little Sesshoumaru always looks at the world with logic and tries to make sense of the chaotic actions of those around him. However when one of his fathers' lessons is taken the wrong way, it sets of a chain of thoughts and decisions that leads to one great drama.

-Trapped-

Anyone would describe the youkai prince as spoiled; a title the young youkai despised. One day he'd decided to ask his father why they would say such things, he was never particularly rude, if anything they talked down to him because of his age; he only being the youkai equivalent of nine.

“Do you wish such gossip to be stopped?” his father had asked him, his sons' strange question of 'why do they call me spoilt' taking him by surprise.

“No, that would only make their words true. I want to know what makes them say it now?” Sesshoumaru replied.

“You can not see a reason.” Inutaisho replied.

“I do not act out, I have never insulted them. I haven't even dozed off during my classes!” Sesshoumaru replied. If anything his behaviour, if compared to the pups of other lords, has been a sparkling show of perfection. This blemishing title was uncalled for.

Inutaisho smiled, all that was true and he couldn't be more proud. He was the envy of all the other parents. But at the same time his son's calculating and distant nature, although making him such a marvellous and bright student, worried his father. The boy had no friends to speak of and if it wasn't for these visits, when the world didn't fit his perfect logical view he feared the boy would not bother to speak with him at all.

“Yes, but there is more to being spoilt then acting like a brat. You were born into power. You will grow to be strong, and you will be given every necessity to do so and then some. It is this that makes them see you as spoiled, we can not change are birth or rewire our fates. Those who were born on a lower class resent this, what they say has nothing to do with your behaviour.” Inutaisho explained calmly.

“I disagree.” Sesshoumaru replied, after mentally pulling his father's words apart.

“Hmm. With what do you disagree?” Inutaisho asked, looking at his son curiously.

“I don't think we are unable to change our fate.” The pup replied simply.

“Really, I think destiny would disagree,” came his father's reply.

“And what do you think my fate and destiny is?”

Inutaisho laughed at that, it truly was a foolish question.

“You my son will be a great lord, your birth tells us this much. And the greatness you claim for yourself during your rule, well that only the kami's of fate know.” his father said with pride.

“And what if I want something else?” Sesshoumaru asked simply.

This made Inutaisho pause and look at his son seriously.

“You work so hard on every task assigned, do you say it is for a different path than the one laid out before you?”

“I want to make my own path, one the fates cannot dictate,” the pup replied.

“To what end? To merely defy destiny and the fates seems a waste of an eternity. Surely you have a goal, you are smart; I know there is more that you wish from yourself. You cannot simply throw yourself to fools earns for no reason,” Inutaisho replied. It did not worry him all that much. "Many men hate the fates for the cruelty they have suffered. The want to be free of any control is normal; but even the need to breathe is a form of control. Some things just needed to be left be, fate will still weave its threads no matter your actions."

“Then I am just as trapped as those who were born beneath me,” Sesshoumaru replied.

Inutaisho sighed. The servants were right; the boy was spoiled.

“No my son you are not, in time you will see that. You will grow and learn of the necessity of your position, you are blessed with power and prosperity. You should not fight against what so may wish for! A warm place to sleep and food in their bellies is more then some will even see in there lives, let alone have it.”

Sesshoumaru did not respond but looked out of the window. What was the point of power if it just put you in a slot like everyone else? He had no reason to challenge his destiny, but he had no reason to follow it either! The words of his father rang through his ears leaving him with a question - 'What do I want?'

The answer was surprisingly quick to follow. 'freedom'.

# # # #

Yay chapter 2 is up, *looks at reviews* and I'm loved! Okay, thanks to Kuroneko for beta reading again. Keep reviewing and I'll have the next chapter up as soon as Neko is done with it.