InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love after Death ❯ Secret Child ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Ahhh! It hurts so much!!!!” Fawks screamed.
“…Breathe, Fawks, It will all be over soon…” Kagome cooed, rubbing her shoulders.
“Pray to the gods for strength, child! Push!!” Keade commanded. Fawks shut her eyes tightly pushing with all her might. Sango patted her forehead with a damp rag.
“Alright child, it's almost out, just one last push!”
As Fawks pushed a single name escaped her lips. “SESSHO-MARU!!!”
A cry rang out through the hut. “Congratulations, Fawks, It is a girl…” Keade smiled. The tiny bundle was place in her arms.
“…She…she's perfect…” Fawks whispered. The tiny child opened her bright golden eyes.
“…She…has her daddy's eyes…” Fawks sighed tears of joy and sadness running down her cheeks.

“No one can know about my child's existence…” Fawks said firmly.
“Huh?” Inu-yasha began.
“Why not?” Kagome asked.
“…She is the only child of Sessho-maru Lord of the West, remember? If word gets back to the castle I had this child…Jaken and others loyal to Sessho-maru would take her from me…and raise her to rule the west. Or worse Sessho-maru's enemies…might try to hurt her…” Fawks said softly gazing at the sleeping child in the crib.
Inu-yasha nodded in understanding.
“But…I thought women couldn't rule, only men…” Kagome began.
“It's different in Youkai society, Kagome. With Youkai it doesn't matter if the pup is a male or a female as long as they are a full blooded with ties to the family…” Inu-yasha explained.
“I want to keep my daughter safe…Sessho-maru would want to keep her safe as well…”