InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Vengence ❯ Boys Meet Girls ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Guys P.O.V
 
It was a quiet evening, as the three men walked ahead, weaving in and out of the trees as they walked aimlessly. The wolf-demon stretched as he walked along the forest path. He was bored, along with the other two men who followed beside him. There had been no demons, let a lone any action to alleviate this intensity of rare solitude. “How long have we been walking, exactly?” The second man, with long, braided black hair inquired. His dark eyes watched the flicker of the white half dog-demon's ears.
 
“Hell if I know,” the dog-demon shrugged, “you were supposed to be keeping track Bankotsu.” The dog-demon turned to face Bankotsu, placing his hands behind his head as he walked backwards. “How about you Kouga,” the dog-demon nudged the wolf, “any ideas?”
 
There was a brief pause amongst the men as they watched the wolf-demon lift his head up towards the sky, as if waiting for a signal to appear. “No idea.” Kouga finally stated, shrugging, and stopped in his tracks to face them all. “However, we do need to find a place to stay, it's getting late. Inuyasha, can you smell any villages near by?” Kouga flipped his black pony-tail back over his shoulder as the amber-eyed half-demon looked out against the darkness. The wind shifted only slightly, blowing a familiar sent in Inuyasha's direction.
 
Inuyasha nodded his head finally, “I feel a strong energy coming from that village too.” He smiled as he watched as the other men's faces contort into confusion.
 
“What exactly is that supposed to mean?” Bankotsu raised his eyebrow.
 
“Ah!” Kouga yelled realizing what Inuyasha had meant. “A piece of the Shikon no Tama!” He nearly shouted as he watched Inuyasha's small smile transform into a huge grin.
 
“Ding, ding, ding! Hah, what luck, right?” The other two nodded as they all turned to go run in the direction of where the jewel had been located, Inuyasha leading the way. There wasn't always a line in which all three men stood straight on. And there was, at some point, where their lives meant nothing to the other. They each wanted something similar, and that was the precious jewel that had been separated so long ago. Two embedded in the legs of the wolf-demon, this caused their lives to intertwine and become the people they were as of present.
 
They fought viciously over the wolf-demon's legs, each threatening the other to give up or die. How this wolf demon came across these shards was the cause of the death of his comrades. A wind-demon who went by the alias of Kagura killed them with one swipe of her fan. It was a difficult opposition, and it was one scenario that never left his mind, one that constantly left him waking up in the middle of the night because the sound of the howling wind would whisper his name. It was after that incident that he decided to defeat that woman, and the creator, and so that is how he was able to obtain these two shards. These three men were no strangers to this Kagura woman. They each held a grudge against the creator of the witch. It was another similarity that all three men were after. This was the death of the creator—Naraku.
 
Girl's P.O.V
 
“Maybe we should rest here for the night; I doubt we're going to find any village quite so soon.” Anessa suggested, looking about her surroundings, deciding that the best option in this clearing.
 
Eden shrugged, “That's fine, as long as I don't have to sleep anywhere near that thing.” She motioned back with her head at Hope, who had been following behind them. Hope shot a glare in Eden's direction, but made no effort to shoot back at her.
 
Anessa sighed, while rolling her eyes at the two girls, “Really you guys? Can you please stop? We all decided to travel together, and if you two keep bickering like this, then things cannot work out, at all.” There was no effort in trying to talk them into getting to know each other. As nature had it, a dog and a cat had a difficult time getting to know one another, but Anessa knew very well that soon enough they would warm up to one another. She hoped anyway. “Okay guys, look, how about I'll set up the camp so there's no problem?”
 
Hope walked over towards Anessa and placed her hand on her shoulder, giving her an almost mocking smile. “No, it's fine. I'll help; I know when my strength is needed. Besides, I'm not going to be lazing about the camp while you do all the work, like some people.”
 
Eden whipped around on her heels to face Hope and Anessa, glaring daggers at Hope. “Listen here, I am not lazy! I can do just as many things as you can! I never said I wasn't going to help, so don't you dare start calling me lazy!” She hissed out the words, grinding her teeth. Hope leaned forward as if ready to attack.
 
“Hush, you guys, shut up!” Hope stood up straight looking at Anessa, watching her carefully for the first time.
 
“What's the matter?” Hope whispered.
 
Anessa shook her head, “Don't you hear that? It's coming from over there...” Anessa lifted her hand and pointed in the direction of the sound. All three of them stood there silently, but no sound came.
 
“Don't worry about that,” Eden shrugged, “you're going to hear things around here. I'm sure there are a bunch of little animals and weak demons crawling all over the place. I doubt anything too dangerous.”
 
“She's right,” Hope agreed patting Anessa on the back gently. “It's probably a squirrel, don't worry.” Hope smiled lightly, reassuring Anessa. Anessa and Hope were generally on good terms as were Eden and Anessa, but fitting the entire puzzle piece together was a big problem from all three of them to get a long. Generally, there would always be fighting amongst them because either their personality traits would clash or they weren't similar enough.
 
“You're right you guys,” Anessa beamed again, and placed her stuff down on the floor. “I'm just being paranoid I suppose, but Eden, can you please go get some water, and try and find a place to bathe?” Eden nodded, “Great. And Hope, go gather some fire wood, please! And I'll go ahead and make a place for the fire, and see what I can conjure up with my magic.”
 
Hope dropped everything except for her sword Heruken, which she kept nearly pasted to her side. “That sounds great, the farther the better.” Eden muttered, hoping that the mutt behind her would hear. Which, she did.
 
“I heard that!” Hope growled in fury.
 
Eden tilted her head back and placed on the mask of innocence, “What on earth are you talking about? I've not said one word!” The two of them stared at one another for a moment before heading into opposite directions, both knowing that the fight would end fruitless. Anessa watched the two girls as they departed from the campsite and she busied herself around the camp setting things up, and conjuring up sleeping arrangements. Although, she consistently found herself looking over her shoulder to see if anyone was behind her. She had the feeling of eyes on her; watching her every move. How she wanted someone to come back to camp with her!
 
It shouldn't take that long to get water or wood. Anessa thought, as she arranged an almost perfect circle for the fire. As she coordinated the rocks into their rightful places, she heard something amongst the bushes again, and she froze. She sat motionless on her hands and knees as she heard the rustling become louder, almost as if someone was digging through them to find their way out. She closed her eyes for a moment when the noise stopped. She let out a shaky breath, and could hear her heart hammering in her chest as she slowly twisted herself around.
 
As she did this, a face was merely a few inches from her own. The familiar stormy eyes twinkled with amusement as Anessa opened her mouth to scream. “Ha-ha!” Eden laughed, standing straight up.
 
Anessa gaped at her, “That's mean! Why would you do such a thing?”
 
Eden raised her eyebrow, “Well you deserve it. You froze like a statue from where you were sitting. You need to protect yourself more, it's dangerous out here. If I had been some sort of demon predator, I could have attacked you while you were in that frozen state.”
 
“I know, I freaked! But it's not my fault.” Anessa pouted averting her eyes to the bucket of water Eden was holding. “So you found water? Were there any hot springs near by?” She inquired.
 
Eden placed the bucket of water beside the circle of rocks Anessa had created and nodded her head. “Yeah, it's not too far away from here. I'm going to meet up with you guys over there. Hope should be able to follow my scent over there.”
 
“Okay sounds good, but before you go, take these over there while you're at it.” Anessa placed out her head and placed her other hand on top. She muttered something, and slowly lifted the hand on top of the other, up. An image began to appear, and as it became clearer, it was three pale, white towels.
 
Eden stared at her in awe, “Not bad.” She smiled lightly and took the towels from Anessa's hand. “Alright, keep on your guard, and I'll see you there!” Anessa sighed knowing only that she would never live that moment down. Ever. She waited in the camp though, determined to listen closely to her surroundings. Her muscles relaxing as the soft wind blew through her hair. She finally heard Hope approaching. How she knew, was the mere string of curses that flew from Hope's mouth as she tried to hold on desperately to the pieces of wood she had gathered for the fire.
 
“Hey, Hope! There you are! Do you need any help?” Anessa ran to Hope's side, taking only the pieces of wood that were about to fly from her arms.
 
Hope sighed in relief, “Thanks. It was hell getting them back here. In fact, I think I lost a few on my way.” Hope sniffed, and smiled brightly as Anessa laughed.
 
“It's alright, but we need to hurry. Eden is waiting for us at the hot springs. She said you could find her by her scent.”
 
Hope snorted, “Who couldn't?” Anessa sighed. “Okay, sorry, but let's hurry and go. I feel the need for a nice, warm bath, don't you?” She looked up at Anessa and watched her nod her head. After the two girls had neatly placed the pieces of wood in the circle, Hope led the way towards the hot springs, where Eden was patiently waiting, dipping her fingers into the water.
 
“About time!” Eden glared playfully, standing up, brushing the dust off of her.
 
Anessa shrugged, “Can't blame me, I was just waiting for this one.” She pointed at Hope. Both Anessa and Eden looked at Hope who merely shrugged. It was only a matter of moments before they were in the warmth of the hot springs.
 
“God, this feels great!” Hope shrunk down closer to the depths of the waters, almost submerging her face.
 
“Mhm!” They other two girls agreed.
 
Anessa's eyes opened, and sat up, “Hey! Which reminds me, I found this really cool rock when we were...you know...” Her sentenced drifted off remembering having to bury every single one of those people in that village. There is where she found this “cool rock.” “Anyway, it was really interesting looking so I picked it up.” She walked over towards the edge of the hot springs and dug through her pouch she carried with her everywhere. From there, she took out an almost glowing piece of crystal. It was only a shard, but the color was the hue of pink or purple, and it almost seemed that it...contained some kind of power.
 
“Well that there is indeed some type of pretty rock.” Hope said inching closer to this vibrant phenomenon. Eden merely looked from afar.
 
Eden cleared her throat, “I'm just curious, but what were you all roaming around Japan for? Is there some type of—” She stopped as the sound of a snapping twig came from amongst the brush. “Did you hear that?” Eden whispered, looking at the two faces that stared intently at what she was. Anessa, oddly enough, held the odd looking rock tightly in her hand, and kept it closer to her chest.
 
Hope was the first to move, grabbing the three towels and throwing the extra two at Eden and Anessa. “Wrap them around yourselves, fast.” The two girls obeyed, sinking the towels in the water and wrapping them tightly. Eden shrunk down in the water, her fingers tracing the bottom of the spring, until she found what she was looking for. She gripped the rock tightly in her hand, and waited for another noise, which came sooner rather than later. It was then that Eden pulled back her arm, and let the rock fly in the direction of the sound.
 
“Ouch!” a yell came from the bushes, and out fell a man, with amber colored eyes, and silver hair.
 
“Oh hell!” yelled another male's voice. “The idiot blew our cover!” Two other men exited out from the bushes, one with a ponytail, and fur clothing, the other with braided black hair, and a huge sword clinging to his back. All six of their eyes finally met, and a moment of silence overcame the group.
 
“PERVERTS!” Anessa yelled, the first one threw out her hand and turned her head away as an invisible force hit all three men. They flew backwards, all hitting trees, the silver haired dog-demon take the worst impact, and breaking the tall tree he hit into. Eden and Hope looked at Anessa in wonder.