InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love of a Kit ❯ We need to send Rin to Vegas! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: O_O

Vurso: I think she's stunned.

Me: FOURTEEN reviews for the last chapter! Of course, that's adding together the amount from ff.net and mediaminer, but still!

Firethroat: I think you people have made her very happy.

Me: Oh, and to the people that asked, I already told you, the wings and tail thing won't be ready for another FOUR YEARS. There is NO place to sign up as of yet.

Erica: *Mutters something about idiot humans*

Me: Hey! I'M one of those humans!

Erica: My point precisely.

Me: *Glares and edges towards the mallets*

Firethroat: Uh, we don't own Inuyasha. Come on, Vurso, we better go act as damage control.

Vurso: On with the fic!

***

Miroku calmly whistled a tune to himself as he mentally sought out Sango's aura. When he found it, the monk clenched his free hand into a fist.

Shippou's was right near it.

Now, when the Kitsune was a cub, Miroku had liked the little guy as much as everyone else. Still did, in fact. But he was a rival for Sango's affections, so you can understand his reaction.

"You're going DOWN, Shippou." He muttered as he started towards where the two were.

***

The priest was in for a surprise when he got close enough to hear the conversation that the two were having. The first voice he heard was Shippou's.

"Alright, I think you've got it. Ready to try it?"

"I think so, though it sounds hard." Miroku blinked at Sango's statement. `What sounds hard?'

"Don't worry, you'll do fine. We'll be using this, too." A few seconds passed, and then he heard Sango's voice again.

"It's so bouncy!" The exterminator's voice sounded amazed.

"I know." The kitsune's voice was smug. "It wouldn't be as much fun without it."

"Are you sure it won't hurt, Shippou?" By this time, Miroku was slowly turning red from anger.

`How DARE that fox take advantage of sweet, innocent Sango?! I'll rip him limb from limb, have Sesshoumaru bring him back, then rip him apart again!'

"You're tough, the worst that would happen would be a tiny bit of pain." The Kitsune soothed.

"Alright, if you're sure. Let's try it."

Miroku had heard enough. Growling, he ran the rest of the way, and when he came upon them, he was yelling "Get your filthy hands off of… her…" He stopped, stunned.

Shippou and Sango were kneeling on either side of a scattering of small objects, made of twisted metal, and Sango held a small ball in one hand. Miroku remembered Shippou playing this often when he had been young, and dimly recalled that Kagome had called the came "Jacks".

"Oh…"

"Hello Miroku." Sango said cheerfully. "Shippou was teaching me to play Jacks. Care to join us?"

"Uh… okay…" The monk blinked, brain still trying to process everything. "Oh, and Sango-sama, I made this for you." He bowed and held out the package.

"For me? Arigato." The exterminator carefully peeled off the wrapping paper, and gasped when she saw the contents. "Miroku… it's beautiful…"

In her lap, nestled in the paper, lay a kimono made of pure white silk. The edges were embroidered with pictures of green vines with red flowers on them, done in colored silk and thread.

"It must have taken forever to make… thank you." Sango carefully wrapped it up in the paper again, and placed it to the side before standing to give the monk a large hug.

Over Sango's shoulder, Miroku sent a superior smirk towards Shippou, who inwardly seethed. `How DARE he! Sango is MINE!' Flitted through the kitsune's mind, and the little voice surprisingly sounded a lot like Inuyasha. After debating a moment or two how Inuyasha got into his head, the youkai pushed the subject out of his mind. `Gotta find a way to win Sango back. I will NOT let him win!'

Poor Sango, though. One moment, she was giving Miroku a hug of thanks for the beautiful gift, and the next, she felt a hand drift down to squeeze her butt.

"HENTAI!" The familiar sounds of the angry exterminator beating up a certain lecherous monk reverberated through the forest.

***

Four figures looked up in curiosity as a few animals ran by in fear, then shrugged and went back to what they were doing as the two with exceptional hearing caught the sounds of the fight.

"I'll take two cards." Inuyasha muttered, looking intently at the three cards still in his hand.

"This Sesshoumaru will take three cards." The full youkai said calmly as he laid the ones he didn't want on the pile in the middle.

"One card, please." A sweet, innocent voice, belonging to the cute little Rin, piped up.

"And two for me…" Kagome said to herself as she passed out new cards, and they all looked at their new hand.

"I bet two coins." The hanyou tossed them into the center.

"I'll see your bet, and I'll raise you another coin." Kagome replied.

"This Sesshoumaru shall bet three coins and Jaken." The youkai placed the money and the protesting toad demon in the center.

"Rin also bets three coins." The ten-year-old placed the money in the middle.

"Hah! Read `em and weep!" Inuyasha placed down his cards, which contained three nines. "Three of a kind."

"A full house." Kagome smirked as she showed her cards.

"This Sesshoumaru has a straight flush." The white youkai held up his, then began to reach for the bets.

"Rin-chan hasn't shown her cards yet." The adults looked at each other, and shrugged.

"Eh, go ahead and show them. You couldn't have beaten Sesshoumaru, though." Inuyasha yawned.

"Rin doesn't know. Did Rin win? The eyes of the other three bugged out as the little girl held up a Royal Flush.

"Uh… yeah… you won…" Kagome blinked, still staring in surprised.

"Yay! Come to new master!" The little girl dragged the money and the protested Jaken over, to join the steadily increasing pile of winnings beside her.

***

Me: And what have we learned today?

Erica: That someone needs to step in and stop Shippou and Miroku before blood is shed?

Vurso: That you had a messload of fun writing that `Jacks' scene?

Firethroat: That Rin would make a killing in Vegas?

Me: Eh, close enough. Please review, people! Tell me what you think!