InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love on His Lips ❯ The Grave ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: Hiya, everybody! I just came to say: These characters depicted in the story are not mine, but sole property of Rumiko Takahashi and her wonderful imagination, the song at the beginning is however mine though, it's called: "Look At Yourself Now", so you take-ie, I sue…sue-ie. Got it? Thankies! *Takes breath* XD


A/N: Hello. I hope you're all not terribly upset about the "Kikyou-bashing" in the second chapter(for all Kikyou lovers out there). Heh. Heh heh. Sorry. I didn't mean to, really. Well…okay, I did. Only because it's part of my plot and there would be no sad flashbacks, or no fic if she wasn't dead so… XD bye now!

E/N: Sue us and die. That's all I have to say.

I saw you cry for me,
Live and breathe and die for me.
How can I go on?
Knowing that you're gone.
Every day of my life has become misery.
Were you really meant to die for me?

And every day I die a little more inside.
And every day somehow I wonder why.
And all the time I feel you're not there.
And I wonder how.
As I look at myself now.

I saw you fade away,
And until now I never thought that day.
Would ever come.
I know I'm not the only one.
But it feels so bad.
You were the only one I ever had.

And every day I die a little more inside.
And every day somehow I wonder why.
And all the time I feel you're not there.
And I wonder how.
As I look at myself now.

And what would you think?
If you saw me on the brink,
Of joining you?
Would you think it out of love?
Because if I said it was…
It will always be true.

And every day I die a little more inside.
And every day somehow I wonder why.
And all the time I feel you're not there.
And I wonder how.
As I look at myself now.




Chapter 2

The jewel could not contain itself. The power that Naraku had held within him was too great. When he had emptied his remaining strength into the jewel, it practically did the same then. Ironic, it was, truly. Within hours, it melted down to a pool of black-ish liquid. They had all watched in awe, those left alive, that is. 'How could she possibly use her powers for this?' InuYasha thought, staring at the pool. He backed away slowly, bumping into Kagome. "Ah…" He turned around.

"Oh…InuYasha." She said, looking up at him. She saw Kikyou's head hanging over the crook of his arm, seemingly staring at his face, though she knew she could see nothing. "We…" She paused, hanging her head. "Should find somewhere to camp for the night." InuYasha nodded silently. "Are you okay?" She reached out to touch his shoulder, but he stepped forward briskly. He didn't really want to be 'touched' at the moment, as anyone would suppose. (Komaru-da: XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!)

"You're right. We should be leaving." InuYasha muttered, sighing. Kagome nodded.

"We shall bury her tonight, InuYasha. Whoever wants to can join, I'm most definatly there." Miroku spoke up, in effort to lift InuYasha's spirits. Sango nodded and so did Kohaku. Shippou did too. Kagome was the only one that stayed motionless.

"I didn't expect you to help. A-and you don't have to…" InuYasha said, in a barely recognizable voice. Kagome looked down, her heart sinking.

"N-no…I'll help." InuYasha turned to her. He nodded, a sign of gratitude shown in his eyes. If anything but sorrow did. Kagome smiled, though it was fake. The controversy began again inside her. 'Why would you agree to help that stupid Miko? She's dead, any who!' 'Well…I should help InuYasha.' The other side snickered. 'Ah, how right you are. For once, at least. That will lure him over quicker. I suppose.' Kagome panicked. 'B-but…that's not what I had in mind at all!' There was a pause, and she sighed with relief. For once, there was silence. 'I'm on your mind! In fact, I am your mind!' Kagome bit her lower lip, her fists balled and shaking. A slight tap on the shoulder alerted her.

"Kagome. Are you alright?" Sango said, an expression of concern across her face. Kagome nodded. In an 'Oh…oh yes. No…' way. Sango looked to the side. InuYasha cleared his throat in a 'Let's get going' sort of way.

"Ah…" Kohaku started. "I guess we should get moving." Miroku stopped him. "Hm?" Kohaku looked at him. "Yes, monk? Should we not be going?"

"Don't you think it would be better to bury Kikyou first?" Kohaku thought about it, and came to a conclusion. He nodded. "Good. I figured that's what you would say. I would think it's better to put InuYasha's mind to rest now, than have him suffer more." Kohaku nodded again, but kept silent. There was a heavy silence in the air, and each one of them waited for the other to say something. InuYasha spoke up next.

"Here?" He spoke, referring to the whole clearing in which they stood. Everybody exchanged glances. Some were nervous, and some were saddened. InuYasha asked again. "Here?" His voice shook a little and he fell silent almost before he finished his sentence, not wanting to speak anymore.

"I guess." Shippou spoke up. "I mean, none of us really want to walk a long ways, anyhow." Everyone agreed. InuYasha gently laid Kikyou on the ground, staring at his blood-caked hands before getting to work. For a while, no one said anything.

About 6 feet deep and 5 feet wide, the hole was mainly there. From the looks, it didn't have any significance. InuYasha pulled himself out. His face and hands were smudged with dirt, and so were his clothes. He stood up, his bangs covering his eyes. "Well…" Sango sighed. "We should…I mean. I guess." She paused, and there was an awkward silence. "A-anyone want to say a few words?" InuYasha nodded, and then turned around. He muttered something inaudible, and then fell silent. "Wh-what did you say, InuYasha?"

"…" He didn't say anything back, and Sango figured it was personal. She didn't pry into the issue anymore. "Anyone else?" Shippou hopped on InuYasha's shoulder and looked at Kikyou.

"Well…sh-she made a lot of people happy, I'll bet. A-and those people will miss her…" He really didn't know what else to say. "And…" InuYasha put up his hand as if to say: 'Stop'. "O-okay." Shippou answered. He climbed off, and stood behind InuYasha, wondering if anyone else would say something.

"I suppose I'll go next." Miroku stepped up next to InuYasha. "She…was loved by many people, including one of our dearest friends. I'm sure he and all the rest of us–" Miroku stopped, to see InuYasha, his head low to the ground, his tears staining the ground. He put a hand on his shoulder, in an 'It's okay', friendly gesture. "And I'm sure he and all the rest of us will miss you greatly." With that said, Miroku rose, stepping behind Shippou.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Shippou said, looking up at Miroku. He nodded, though truth be told, no one really knew. Kohaku stepped forward.

"Well…I really didn't know her, but I met her once or twice. So…she was nice to me when we met and all, and I'm sure she was the same with many other people. And…" He really couldn't think of anything else to say, sadly. "We'll all miss her. That's for sure." He too, also noted that InuYasha was crying. He did have every right to, after all. "Big sister?"

Sango stepped forward as Kohaku stepped behind Miroku. "From the times I met you…I really liked you. You were a good person and there will be many people sad to see you gone. I know I'm one of them. And so is Shippou, Kohaku, Miroku, Kagome, and mostly InuYasha." She cast him a wary glance, but he didn't notice. "That's all." Slowly she rose, stepping behind Kohaku, looking down.

Kagome was the only one left that hadn't said anything. No one looked at her, but she knew she was expected to. She stepped forward, not really quite sure what she was doing anymore. 'He will like you more if you say something meaningful. Act like you care for her!' The jealous side of her said. 'Why wouldn't I? I mean…she's practically me…' It was true. She looked down at Kikyou, at her priestess uniform and black hair. They didn't look all that alike, but they were the same. 'If I'm the same…why doesn't he love me?' She thought, shaking her head. "Kikyou. I…we…we'll never forget that name. I-It means…a lot…" She continued on, never really sure what would come out of her mouth next. "To us. And especially to InuYasha. You and him shared deep love…and…" She started to wipe at her eyes. No, no, she wasn't crying for Kikyou, but she was hurting inside. The moment she said 'love', the jealous voice became louder. 'That's it! Make it sound like you care! Make him think you do!' In all ways, the voice was right. Well, somehow. "We'll all miss you."

Shippou jumped on InuYasha's shoulder. InuYasha had the notion to flick him off, but stayed motionless. Slowly, he picked up Kikyou's body from the ground. He mouthed the words: "I love you" and placed her in the ground, two more tears slipping from his eyes. He took a handful of dirt and reluctantly let it fall, it hitting her stomach. He wondered if that hurt her. But it possibly couldn't. He reached over with another shaky hand and let another fistful of dirt fall into the hole. He repeated this until it was all covered, about 2 hours later. It was well into the night, and everybody was pretty tired, including InuYasha.

Camp was already set, courtesy of Kagome and Shippou. "InuYasha, come by the fire." Kagome called. He said nothing, and shook his head no.

"I-I'd…rather…" He swallowed, hoping she knew what he meant. She understood, but wished he would follow her instead of sitting by her grave. She sighed, sitting on her sleeping bag, staring at the fire. It crackled and sparked, showing a little light, but not much. Soon, she found herself dozing off, after all else was asleep.

InuYasha sighed and ran his hand over the smoothed out dirt that was her grave. "I'll miss you…" He whispered. "You don't even know how much I would do to have you back." He wished she could hear him, somehow, but knew that could never happen. "If I could j-just…say goodbye…one last time…o-or if I had the chance…" He choked back a sob. "To do it…all over again. I-I'm sure I would. I…I really, really would." He closed his eyes and tried to picture something good that he and Kikyou shared, but all that did was bring more tears to his eyes. "If I could…only see y-you." He swallowed, and let tears fall from his eyes quietly. He coughed and wiped at his eyes. "If…If I hadn't b-been s-so stupid…" He paused. "Th-then m-maybe…y-you'd still b-be here…" He continued wiping at his eyes.

And they all acted like they knew what he was going through. Maybe some of them. He felt estranged, as if they didn't know who he was exactly. Incomplete, was one way to describe it. And he was sure he would never feel complete again, with her dead and gone.

All was silent now. Not even the wind blew through the clearing. The only sound was the quick drop of something red on her grave. And a lot of it at that.


A/N: Sorry if InuYasha seemed a little 'ooc' in this one. I'm still trying to figure out all of they're of emotions that they would have in a situation like this, and it's rather difficult. I just figured he'd be really sad. Everybody is going to realize exactly what happened in the next chapter, and then some! So, I hope you enjoy, okay? Bye now! XD

E/N: A little? Heck, Inu-kun, no offense, doesn't really act like that...