InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love That Dog! ❯ Chapter 16

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love That Dog!
 
Chapter 16
 
AN: T_T I know this is late, but I've been tied up in watching all of the Full Moon wo Sagashite and Ultra Maniac episodes I downloaded, and then after I was done, I was in a very angsty mood and major writers block and I didn't want this chapter to be too stupid.
 
Thank you all for your lovely reviews. I appreciate them all. I also wanted to let you all know that I am going to work on rewriting some of the chapters. As I'm sure you know some events that happened just didn't make any sense, so I plan to go back and edit them. Plus I get them beta read as well.
 
“Kagome, I'm very sorry. I never should have started to yell at you.”
 
“I-Inu Yasha? What are you doing here?!”
 
Inu Yasha turned around to find himself face to face with…
 
Kagome.
 
Miroku and Sango had a lot of explaining to do.
 
 
*****
 
It hadn't been a pleasant sight after Inu Yasha and Kagome were reunited with Miroku and Sango. If it hadn't been for Kagome, they would probably have been right back at the funeral house the next day.
 
Our favorite little boy even two days later was still very mad and would not talk to anyone. No matter how hard anyone tried, he wouldn't speak a word nor would he talk. Even Kagome couldn't get him to open up, and in fact, Inu Yasha wouldn't even look at her. At least with Miroku and Sango he would glare at them. Little did anyone know just how deeply affected Inu Yasha was by this entire experience. They seriously had him convinced that Kagome was dead. What kind of sick people tricked a person into thinking that one of their friends was dead?! Inu Yasha wasn't going to get over this grudge too easily.
 
`They really had me fooled,' he thought, `My heart thought she was dead, I thought she was dead, why did it cause me so much pain?' He had been pondering over the subject for quite a while. His eyes glanced out the window, it was still snowing and it hadn't stopped snowing since Christmas Eve. The snow was falling just as fast as the thoughts flowing through his mind. `Stupid snow,' he glared at the window. He began to think about the incident again and his face began to soften, with his emotions running on high, he figured it would be best to remain silent so he wouldn't do anything stupid.
 
Miroku and Sango stared at the hanyou to their left. “Do you think we over did it? I mean that was really cruel.” Sango took a sip of her hot chocolate, after everything had happened, she felt so guilty, things weren't supposed to get worse, Kagome and Inu Yasha were supposed get over their fight and tell each other they cared for each other. Instead both of them were giving Miroku and herself the silent treatment.
 
Her friend shook his head and rested his hand on hers. “I think this did both of them some good. It got their brains thinking, each of them just needed a little push.” Yes, they had done the right thing. It might have seemed extreme, but Kagome and Inu Yasha could be very thick headed when it came to things such as their friends feelings for them.
 
Sango took another sip of her hot chocolate and gazed at their fellow doggy boy whose facial expressions made him look like a young child lost in a maze. “I sure hope so, if they never talk to us again, it's your fault.”
 
The young man grinned and gave her a small kiss. “Does that mean you'll have to punish me?”
 
She whacked Miroku with her now empty cup and marched off into the kitchen muttering, “Stupid pervert…”
 
 
Kagome lay on her bed staring up at the ceiling. She was still in shock, and she knew that Inu Yasha probably was too. At first she had been mad at Sango and Miroku for playing such an evil trick on her and Inu Yasha, but as she continued to lay on her bed and think, it really did do them some good. If she hadn't thought that Inu Yasha died, her heart wouldn't have showed her what she really was beginning to feel for him. `I know I should say something to Miroku and Sango, but if I do, I am afraid that I'll break my train of thought.'
 
“My feelings for him have become strong… It's not to the point of love though… not yet.” She knew at the moment her feelings weren't to the point of love, but deep inside her heart, there was a small flame that was beginning to burn.
 
 
Later on that day, Miroku and Sango were in a spare room trying to figure out what to do with themselves.
 
“It's almost been three days and they haven't said anything!” Sango exclaimed as she continued to die from boredom, “I don't think I can take the quiet much longer!”
 
A grin appeared on Miroku's face. “I was hoping you would say that-” He saw Sango reach for the nearest hard object and he grabbed her wrists and pushed her against the wall, he looked at her with a mischievous glint in his eyes.
 
“M-Miroku?! What are you doing?! I never-“
 
She felt a faint breath against her ear. “Meet me at the front door at 7:30 dressed in something you can dance in, nothing too fancy.”
 
A blush crept to her face, what on earth had he been planning. “What have you been scheming Miroku? If it is perverted then I'll make sure you never have childr-“
 
He quickly moved his mouth away from her ear and brought it down onto her lips and silenced her with a kiss. Sango mentally cursed at him, Miroku could sense that she was angry and continued to hold her wrists against the wall as he kissed her.
 
 
Meanwhile off in part another part of the house, Koga, Naraku, and Kikyo were getting bored. They all had been sitting on the couch for the past three days and they might as well have been permanently stuck to the couch.
 
“I can't take it any more!!!! I can no longer sit here any more!!” Naraku started to cry, “My bottom hurts!!”
 
Kikyo rolled her eyes. “Would you just shut up you hairy ape!”
 
Naraku continued to cry and turned to face Kikyo, “I'm sorry that it's your time of the month, but that doesn't mean you have to go get all bitchy on me!!!”
 
“Like dude…” Koga said, “First your grandma kills over and now like your girlfriend is having like mood swings, I feel bad for you dude.”
 
Naraku thought for a minute and thought of a brilliant idea. “I know what we should do! I know! I know!”
 
“Please tell me…” Kikyo said full of sarcasm, “the suspense is killing me.”
 
Naraku stood on top of the coffee table, “We are going to have a Dance Dance Revolution tournament!”
 
Kikyo glared at him. “With three people? Just how do you plan to pull that off? Not to mention we don't even own DDR.”
 
Tears began to pour down Naraku's cheeks again. “You're right! Why do all my wonderful ideas always have to end with so much pain and turmoil!?”
 
Kikyo just shook her head and walked out of the room. “I wouldn't know Naraku… I wouldn't know…”
 
 
Sango stood at the door wondering where Miroku planned to take her. Had he already made reservations somewhere, or was it just his quick thinking again? She really didn't know, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to know. She continued to stand there for around another five minutes before Miroku finally came down to greet her.
 
Miroku held out his arm. “Shall we go madam?”
 
She nodded her head and held onto his arm. “I guess so, but remember what I said, nothing perverted.”
 
Miroku nodded and chuckled. “Yes, I know, I would like to have kids someday.”
 
As Sango and Miroku walked outside and towards the steps to leave the shrine, Sango began to think. How on earth were they going to get to this place Miroku was taking her? Did he plan to take the bus? She had always hated riding the bus; it was usually full of strange people, quite a few who were homeless. He better not plan for them to walk either, she was wearing a skirt that was just above her knees and she was really cold.
 
“Hey idiot,” Sango said while trying to stop her teeth from chattering, “Its freezing! Do you expect us to walk to this place? If you don't tell me how we are getting to this place, then I am going to go back inside because it's freezing! Just in case you haven't noticed, it's snowing and it hasn't stopped snowing for the past three days, and not to mention I am wearing a skirt, my legs are freezing!”
 
Nearly right after she finished talking, she felt two arms pull her into an embrace, “My dear Sango, you should have told me that you were cold. I'd be more than happy to warm you up.”
 
Not quite sure and knowing that she was blushing madly; Sango quickly pushed away started walking again. “I-I'm fine, just tell me how you plan to get to this place.”
 
“Why just look over yonder,” he said while extending his hand to point at what method of transportation they would be using.
 
Her eyes widened as she saw a chauffer standing in front of a limo holding the door. “M-Miroku… what on earth is a li-limo doing here?! I mean did you have this already planned or something, I mean how did you get a limo to come here I mean you only had five hours since you said we were going to go somewhere, and how on earth did you get the money for something like this, and I know I am rambling on but there is a limo at the bottom of these steps,” she said as she pointed to the limo and she continued to ramble on, “and I think I must be dreaming because I've never been in a limo, and I never thought I would ever ride in a limo and I must be dead, that's right I must've slipped and fallen down these steps and now I'm in heaven because nothing like this could ever happen to me and.”
 
“Sango! Calm down! Not to mention breathe! You have stopped talking once. I'll explain everything after the night is over, let's just go have fun,” Miroku said as he extended his hand towards Sango.
 
With a slight blush on her face from feeling like an idiot after rambling, Sango took Miroku's hand and they slowly walked down the stairs. Her emotions were going all over the place. This was awful fancy for a night on the town… Why else would have gotten a limo to take them downtown? It didn't make any sense. `Wait a minute…' she thought, `He-he's not going to pull a proposal on me is he? No…! He wouldn't propose to me with out even talking to me first about if I wanted to get married, would he? Oh my God… what if he does propose?! What am I supposed to do?' Sango went on and on thinking about what she would do if she proposed. `I guess I could see myself being his wife… the wedding wouldn't have to be soon, right?'
 
Miroku stood there staring at Sango. What on earth was she doing? She was just standing at the bottom of the steps and it looked like she was very deep in thought, what was she thinking about? Was there that much to think about? Did he not notice something he was supposed to?
 
“Uh… Sango, are we going to stand here all night, or do you plan to stand here?” Miroku asked her.
 
Sango quickly snapped back into reality. “Of course, sorry about that.”
 
Miroku had a feeling it was going to be a long night.
 
 
Back inside the Higurashi shrine, Kagome was getting sick of the silence. She had given Inu Yasha and herself plenty of time to think things through, now they seriously needed to talk about what happened. So, Kagome quickly got off her bed and decided to go downstairs to talk to Inu Yasha.
 
As she began to slowly descend down the stairs, she could hear something, it was Inu Yasha, and he was talking to himself. What was he saying? Maybe there was someone down there talking to him and she really didn't know. Wanting to hear what he was saying, Kagome slowly crept to the bottom of the stairs and stood out of sight so Inu Yasha wouldn't catch her spying.
 
“What am I supposed to do?!” He exclaimed. “I've never had to deal with anything like this before, and I just don't know what I am supposed to do…”
 
“You could start off by at least talking to me…” Kagome said as she walked over to Inu Yasha slowly. She didn't want to stay hidden forever, it probably would have made things worse.
 
Inu Yasha was startled to hear her voice and quickly turned his head, “K-Kagome? What are you doing down here?”
 
“Trying to break this awful silence between us,” she said quietly, “Not talking isn't getting us any where; I just wanted to talk to you.” Kagome had now walked over to the couch where Inu Yasha was sitting and sat down next to him.
 
He turned his gaze back to the snow again, “I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say.”
 
“You could say you're sorry, and that until we work things out, and get our feelings settled, we can still be friends,” Kagome suggested. Even if he hadn't started to gain feelings of just more than friendship for her, then she at least just wanted to be friends.
 
Inu Yasha nodded his head and looked at Kagome. “I'm uh… s-sorry and we can still be friends.”
 
Kagome's face lit up and jumped onto Inu Yasha, giving him a hug and causing his face to turn fifteen different shades of red. “Thank you, Inu Yasha.”
 
He gulped. “Uhh…no problem Kagome.
 
 
“So, where are we going Miroku?” Sango asked. They had been driving for a while now and the windows were tinted show she couldn't even tell where they were going.
 
The car came to a stop, and Miroku rolled down his window to show Sango where they were. He definitely liked her reaction, her mouth was hanging open and he could tell the she definitely was shocked. They were at a famous downtown bar called `Die Kirsche' (it means cherry in German. No, I don't know German, I just have a book on how to learn it, and I was browsing through the glossary).
 
“Miroku, you do realize that it's practically impossible to get into this bar? Only like super rich and hot people get into this place.” Now Sango knew that Miroku had definitely gone insane. Did he really think they were going to get into Die Kirsche? Maybe he wasn't feeling too good.
 
Once again, Miroku surprised Sango. “I already called in and made arrangements, we get to walk right in.”
 
Sango felt like she was in a dream. Never in her wildest dreams did she think that she would even get to look inside Die Kirsche. As they walked in, her face was flushed; there were plenty of very good looking and wealthy looking people giving her glares. They got in with out any problems at all. Miroku really did call ahead, and Sango was very surprised.
 
When they finally got in, Miroku led her over to a table that was especially reserved for them. All of her favorite foods were already on the table waiting for them. Sango was absolutely speechless. Why was he doing this for her? `Oh my God…he has to be proposing! He just has to be! Why else would he be doing all of this for her? I mean this obviously isn't going be a normal night! I guess I'll accept, oh boy I'm going to be nervous all night!”
 
“Sango, would you like to dance?” Miroku asked, the DJ had finally turned on a slow song and Miroku seemed to be taking advantage of that.
 
She nodded her head and walked out with Miroku onto the dance floor. Once they were among the other couples, Miroku wrapped his arms tightly around her waist and pulled her closer to him causing her to blush for what seemed like the billionth time for the night. Sango responded and put arms around his neck. She stared into his eyes as they slowly swayed to the tune. She felt in heaven, being there dancing slowly with him.
 
Miroku bent his head down and whispered into her ear, “Are you having fun?”
 
Sango smiled and nodded, “Of course, I've never gotten to do anything like this before.”
 
They continued to dance together for quite a few songs. Surprisingly, all of them were slow. This bar was usually known for its up-beat music, and then she realized that Miroku must have talked to the DJ already as well. “Why are you doing all of this Miroku?” She finally got her courage up to ask him.
 
He stared into her eyes, “Because I want to.” Then after that, everything just went blank, there she was, standing in the middle of Die Kirsche passionately kissing Miroku. Not exactly something she was comfortable with, but it wasn't like she was going to stop just so she was comfortable. He now had only one arm around her waist and the other was resting on her cheek. When they finally broke apart, she could tell that Miroku had something important he wanted to talk about. He took her hand and led her back over to their table.
 
His hands were fidgeting in his pockets. This was it! He was actually going to propose to her! Her heart started racing and her face began to flush. Time seemed to take forever as the two just stood there.
 
“Uh… Sango, I have something important I need to ask you.”
 
Sango quickly nodded her head. “Yes, please ask away!” The waiting was killing her, how she wanted to hear those words of proposal come out of his mouth. This night was going to be the best night of her life.
 
“You see… this sort of hard to say but…well…”
 
If she was a rabbit, her heart would have exploded by now. This was driving her crazy!!
 
“Sango, I-I want you to tell me the honest truth.”
 
She nodded her head. It was coming! Almost there…
 
Any minute, he would pop the question.
 
“Do you promise to tell me the truth?”
 
Sango nodded.
 
And waited.
 
“Sango, do I…”
 
Does he what? Just propose already!
 
Just say it!!!
 
“Does this lighting make me look fat?”
 
Sango nearly died.
 
***
 
TBC! =) Poor Sango…And shame on Miroku! I wonder what will happen next in Love that Dog! =)