InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love That Dog! ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Love that Dog


Chapter 18




AN: Thanks for all of your reviews! D they make me want to write a lot more. Also I’m sorry if anyone was trying to read while I was messing around with the chapters. D
Please read #1: I don’t mind constructive criticism, but don’t just say ‘This is stupid,’ okay, so something you read you obviously didn’t like. Please tell me so that I can learn what readers don’t want, it will help me give all you a better chapter. If you want to say something like ‘this is stupid’ then I’m probably just going to remove your review.

PLEASE READ #2: When you have time, go back and re-read the entire story. I changed some plot lines so they make more sense! It is EXTREMELY important that you go back and re-read. I’m sorry if I have inconvenienced you in any way, but trust me; the story should make a little bit more sense. Also note that I did not work on grammar and spelling corrections yet, I am more concerned with the plot line. So please go back and reread sometime! Thanks!
On with the chappie! )

What really happened during the break? Well, why don’t I just tell you?

“Sango, will you marry me?”

“Miroku, I-“ She knew the answer deep down inside of her, but for some reason her body wouldn’t function and no matter how hard she tried to speak, it seemed like she couldn’t.

The tears started to spill from the corners of her eyes. She wasn’t about ready to let her body stop her from making this decision. So it might not be the right choice, but she would find out in time, right? After taking a deep breath, she had finally calmed herself down and was ready to do this.

Miroku began to get nervous. What was up with this woman? Not too long ago, she was complaining that he hadn’t proposed to her, and now it looked like she didn’t plan on giving him ‘yes’ as an answer. Well he guessed he probably deserved it. He should have been more prepared, maybe then he would have gotten a better response out of her.

“Yes.”

“Look, I understand Sango, if we could still be friends, then that would be great, but if you would rather we not be friends then that’s fine, maybe I’m truly meant to be gay, I’m sure Haruki is still around here, and don’t worry, you won’t have to pay for anything, just please I beg of you that we can stay still stay friends and-”

“WOULD YOU JUST LISTEN?” Her angry voice gave a faint echo in the rather large bar, causing many people to turn and stare, if they hadn’t been staring at the couple previously. “I said yes you idiot!”

Before he had time to process anything through his dense brain, she had flown out of her chair and was down on the floor, hugging him and crying. His shoulder was becoming damp with all of the tears from Sango. Miroku slowly wrapped his arms around Sango and pulled her into a tight embrace. “I’m sorry Sango.” This night had turned out to be one big giant mess and it was his entire fault.

Sango pulled back to reveal her red puffy eyes that still had tears flowing from them, “For what?”

“This night has been a huge mess; I’ve put you through so much all because I was too afraid to do anything.” He felt ashamed of himself; everything went totally off course because he was too afraid to ask Sango to marry him. ‘I’m such a wimp,’ he thought, ‘I acted like I was twelve years old and asking a girl out for the first time, man I must have looked like an idiot.’

She gazed into Miroku’s eyes and saw that he was degrading himself; his face was trying to hide much pain, but wasn’t too good at it. Sango took her right hand and placed it on his cheek.

“Stop giving yourself a hard time. Everything turned out fine, just forget everything bad that happened and just focus on us now. I’m not leaving you, not now, not ever… please, just smile again.”

Once again Sango was right. He needed to stop thinking about all the mistakes he had made that night and focus more on what they were going to become. They were engaged for crying out loud! They had a wedding that would need to be planned; it was going to be important on focusing on what was going on currently, not what happened in the past. Miroku took Sango’s hand off his cheek and held it along with her other hand. “Thank you, Sango.”

She smiled at her one-day-to-be husband. “No problem, not to cut this trip short or anything, but can we head back home? All of this drama has made me rather sleepy. Not to mention I still don’t have my ring.”

Miroku kissed her forehead and smiled, “Of course, I guess that because I was so nervous, I brought the ring box, but left the ring at home. I promise I have a ring though. We better hurry to make sure Inu Yasha and Kagome haven’t died from the extremely awkward silence.”

“Yes, knowing them, when we get back home, they will still be in the same place we left them.”

To the surprise of Miroku and Sango, it was actually quite the opposite. There were only three words that they could think of to describe the scene they were looking at.

Complete and utter chaos.

Even before they walked in the door, Miroku and Sango could hear the voices of Kagome and Inu Yasha yelling at each other. However, they couldn’t tell if Inu Yasha and Kagome were seriously yelling at each other or if they were just playing around. Due to the tension between the two when they left, Miroku and Sango feared for the worst as they walked in the door. And well, they should have just stayed at the bar. They slowly opened the door to reveal the following scene…

Inu Yasha and Kagome were running around the house screaming at each other, both wearing aprons and covered head to toe in chocolate chip cookie dough. They weren’t the only things messy, there was flour all over the walls and floor, cookie dough had landed on near-by furniture, everything was a complete mess. Sango and Miroku knew that this was going to result in some serious cleaning.

“Get back here you bastard! You made me get a chocolate chip up my nose!” Kagome then continued to rant at him using much profanity.

Inu Yasha who was standing on the opposite side of the room stuck his tongue out at Kagome. “Keh, you’ll never catch me woman! Besides, you didn’t have to cover my head in flower!”

“But it made you look like a ghost!”

“Do you think I care woman?”

“No, but it suited you.”

“Why you-!” Inu Yasha began to chase Kagome through the house, both of them screaming at each other, not noticing Sango and Miroku.

Miroku took Sango’s hand. “Let’s leave them alone, I need to give you your ring.”

Sango followed Miroku up the stairs to his room. She was extremely excited and was wondering what kind of ring he bought her. Deep down she knew it couldn’t be anything that fancy, it’s not like Miroku was rich and could buy an engagement ring that cost over triple digits.

“Stay here, I’m going to find it real quick before I bring you in, I don’t want you to find it before me.” Miroku walked into his room leaving Sango out in the hall, listening to the bickering going on between Kagome and Inu Yasha.

Her heart was pounding. This would mean it was real; she soon would have that ring on her fourth finger, and she would officially be engaged to Miroku. This brought a light blush to her face. Never in a thousand years did she expect herself to end up being engaged to Miroku. What were her parents going to think? She hoped they wouldn’t be too mad, they had only met him once or twice before, and they hadn’t even thought about marriage then.

One day hopefully in the not-so-distant future, she would be in an extravagant wedding dress, getting ready to walk down the isle to meet her prince. She couldn’t wait until she would get to start planning her wedding; it was going to be so much fun. The ceremony could be held on a nice spring day with the cherry blossoms in bloom, the sun would be shining, and everything would be perfect.

Maybe Miroku would take her to someplace grand for their honeymoon. It would be nice to spend a week; just her and Miroku in a romantic place. They could get there and sit by the beach, relax and just be with each other. She wondered what they would do that week, maybe they could go snorkeling or ride horses on the beach, and it would be so much fun. Her face got even redder. Knowing Miroku’s sometimes perverted ways, maybe he would want to do that. She gulped.

Sango always wanted to have children, and Miroku always seemed to like them. She figured that Miroku would want to get started with it as soon as possible. A vision came to her head, by the time she had one child, the next month she would be pregnant again. They would have over 15 children by the time she was 40! Could they even afford to have children? At the moment only Miroku had a job working at the homeless shelter and since it was mainly volunteer work, she was sure he wasn’t getting paid too much.

“Sango?” She heard his voice call from inside the room, “You can come in, I found it.”

She walked into the room and saw Miroku sitting on his bed. Sango walked over to him and sat down next to him on the bed. His right hand was closed and she guessed that must be the hand the ring was in.

“Close you eyes,” he said, “I want this to be a surprise.”

Sango nodded in agreement and quickly closed her eyes. She felt him take her hand into his, and then a few seconds later, a cool metal kissed her fourth finger, slowly sliding back until it could go no further. His lips met briefly with hers and he told her that she could open her eyes.

When Sango stared down at her ring, she bolted off the bed and almost fainted.

How on earth did he manage to buy this ring?

This was a Tiffany engagement ring! It had to at least cost four thousand dollars, and she was sure that the number of the actual price was nowhere near that. Tears began to form in her eyes again, her ring was absolutely beautiful.

She was going to be robbed if she ever went out anywhere! The ring had to have cost a fortune! It was so amazing that it was almost impossible to describe. There was a main band that she guessed was maybe made out of silver, and then off of that was a silver holder for the main diamond which was huge and then coming off of the holder on either side was gold that was also attached to the main band. Sitting on top of the gold was even more diamonds! If she counted correctly there were fifteen individual diamonds on this one ring!

(AN: If you would like to see the picture of Sango’s ring, email me at Hitokirikensaku@woh.rr.com)

“D o you like it?” Miroku asked her.

“Are you kidding?” Sango exclaimed, did he think that she was going to not like this Tiffany’s ring that was currently sitting on her finger. Was he crazy or something!

“Anyone who would hate a ring like this is just insane! This is amazing! How much did this thing cost! It had to be horridly expensive!”

Miroku nervously laughed, “Do you really want to know how much that ring cost?”

“Yes, that way, the more I treat you better, and the longer period of time I know I have before I can ask for something again.” Sango prepared herself for what Miroku was going to tell her.

Instead of giving her the answer first, he stood up and embraced Sango from behind.

“You can always ask me for anything, what ever you need, just ask me, and I’ll give it to you.” Then he bent his head over to her ear and whispered the cost of the ring into her ear.

“WHAT? You spent almost 33 grand on my engagement ring! Are you insane! How on earth did you manage to pay for this thing! Miroku, I don’t know if I can accept this, it’s too much…”

“Nothing is too much for my dear Sango.”

Sango turned around and pushed Miroku down onto the bed. She hovered over top of him and gave him a mischievous look.

“S-Sango,” he said as his face turned into a cherry tomato, “W-what are you d-doing?”
Sango brought her face closer to his. “Paying you back for my engagement ring.”

In less than ten minutes, Sango’s engagement ring was the only thing she was wearing.

(AN: IMPORTANT: Since I know you probably haven’t re-read the story yet, here is something that has changed: I removed all of Inu Yasha and Kagome’s kisses. There were only two I think, but I wanted their first kiss together to be later on in the story. This will make sense later on.)

Finally, Kagome and Inu Yasha finished their fight and stared at the room around them, it was a mess! There was cooking ingredients all over the furniture, the walls, and themselves. This was going to take a long time to clean up.

“Inu Yasha, why did we have to get into that fight with the cookie dough? We made enough for den dozen cookies and only two made it in to the oven!”

Inu Yasha scoffed at her, “Don’t blame me! You were the one who started it!”

Kagome sighed, she was extremely exhausted and they were a mess. If they waited until morning to clean it up, the cookie dough would have started to cake to walls and would be nearly impossible to clean up. They had no choice but to start cleaning. “Well, lets get started.”

“Brother… this is going to take all night!”

“Stop complaining and help clean!”

“I wasn’t the one who started this ordeal!”

“That doesn’t mean you don’t have to help!”

“Fine, but see if I ever be nice to you again!”

“I don’t care!”

“Good!”

“Start cleaning!”

After three hours and twenty espressos each later, they finally finished cleaning.

“Finally!” Kagome sighed, “It’s three in the morning, and we are finally done!”

“Keh, it’s your fault.”

Kagome wiped her face off with her towel again, still feeling really sticky. “Well I’m so sorry, now you can get your butt on your bed and sleep.” She threw her towel into the laundry room and began to head upstairs to her room.

“Wait Kagome!”

She turned around to see what Inu Yasha wanted; he walked over to her and stared into her eyes. What on earth was he doing!

“You missed a spot.” He bent his head down and licked off a piece of cookie dough from the corner of Kagome’s mouth causing her to blush hysterically.

What on earth did he just do! Did that count as kiss? It wasn’t really on her mouth, and it was more of a lick rather than a kiss. This was confusing her. One minute they were about ready to bite each others heads off, and the next minute he’s kissing her… in a way. She knew she must look like an idiot to him, just standing there. What else was she supposed to do! Maybe he did have feelings for her that were more than just friends.

Then what he did next really shocked her.

“Goodnight, Kagome,” He said gently. So, that wasn’t bad, but then everything changed.

One minute he was telling her goodnight, and the next, she felt his lips on her own! He was kissing her! What was he doing? Though it was just a light touch of their lips, he had still kissed her!

Kagome stood there as she watched Inu Yasha quickly ascend up the stairs. Then she came face to face with reality…

That bastard stole her first kiss!

TBC!

So, how was that? Everything ended up happy, ne? Well thanks for all of your reviews! 400 as of now! I’m so happy! Thanks to you all for your support!
Converting /tmp/phpB9HSJM to /dev/stdout