InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love That Dog! ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love that Dog!
 
Chapter 21
 
AN: *cries* Thank you so much for all of your reviews! Never did I expect to ever have more than 500 reviews for more than one story, especially this one with how horrible my writing was back then (I look back and shiver). I wrote this chapter especially fast this time (for me that is).
 
Storm-Maker: Your reviews are always so helpful. I also think that Chapter 20 was pretty good compared to chapter 1. Its amazing how much of a difference there is between the two chapters.
 
Well I hope you enjoy reading this chapter… Heh heh… I have some interesting ideas planned.
 
 
 
--Previous Chapter--
 
“Well Kagome, I guess I should tell you, this is my fiancé, and if you couldn't already tell, I'm pregnant.”
 
She tried registering everything into her brain.
 
Mother was getting married.
 
Mother was pregnant.
 
Child going to be her half sibling.
 
Kagome decided that now would be a good time to faint.
 
--Current Chapter:--
 
Kagome's eyes fluttered open the last thing she knew was that she had realized her mother was pregnant, and then everything went black from there. As she looked up, she saw her reflection in a mirror. Where was she? It was dark and the only light was from the ones hung around the mirror above her. Lights around a mirror in a dark space; what the hell was going on?
 
Not wanting to be in this weird place any longer, she shot up, only to be smacked in the head by something above her. “God damn,” Kagome cursed. Now she had to deal with a throbbing pain on the top of her head as well as figuring out where she was.
 
“Keh, figures you would do something like that wench,” a voice spoke from the darkness.
 
Alas! She wasn't alone after all; Inu Yasha was with her in this strange place as well. “You're here too Inu Yasha? Do you know where we are?”
 
Inu Yasha rolled his eyes at her, thankfully Kagome couldn't see this due to the dark room, “How the hell should I know? I've never been here before.”
 
“Very funny,” She hated his sarcasm, “I mean where are we as in what am I sitting on and where are we now?”
 
Kagome heard Inu Yasha moving around until finally she heard a little `click!' and the lights suddenly came on. They were inside a limo! She had been lying on one of the long seats while Inu Yasha was on the shorter one. Now it made more sense, the mirror on the ceiling on the limo, and she must've hit her head on the cabinet behind her which held some of the champagne glasses.
 
Reality hit her hard. They must be on the way to her mother's house; the one place she didn't want to be right now. How was she supposed to face her mother? Her mother had practically lied to her! At least she could have notified her that she was seeing another man, and that she was pregnant! She sighed and looked down, it's not like there was anything that she could do anyways. What was she going to do? Break up her mother's engagement? Unless he was some total creep, she would never do that.
 
One thing she never dreamed of was being a sister again. Souta was now almost fifteen, and she was nineteen going on twenty in less than half a year. By the time the child was Souta's age, she would be around 35! There wasn't anything wrong with that, but to her it just seemed weird. Of course if her mother stayed in America, Kagome knew she wouldn't be too close with her new brother or sister. She had no plans of ever moving to America, she was happy right where she was.
 
Inu Yasha peered out of the corner of his eye at Kagome. She looked like she was so deep in thought, he figured he could've stripped naked and she wouldn't even have noticed. “Hey, anyone alive in there?”
 
Kagome was brought out of her deep thoughts by the voice of Inu Yasha, “Huh? Oh yes, I was just thinking, that's all.”
 
For some reason, she felt saddened by the events that had happened earlier. Why wasn't she happy? She was going to be a sister, and her mother was going to get married again. Kagome thought that she should be happy for her mother; instead she didn't really feel happy. Inside, there was a feeling of loneliness. How could her mother have forgotten to tell her the probably two most important things in both her mother's as well as her life?
 
“Stop drowning yourself in self-pity,” he could tell by looking at her that she was unintentionally making herself an emotional wreck, “You're going to turn into some depressed person who has to take anti-depressants every three hours or you think about suicide If you don't, and then your liver is going to fail from a medicine overdose and you'll die anyways.”
 
Wow, he sure knew how to cheer a person up. “Gee, thanks Inu Yasha that really made my day.”
 
“Keh, at least I tried!”
 
That was one thing that was true; he did “try” to make her feel better. Normally he would have just ignored her. “I guess you're right. Err... thanks for trying.”
 
“Ms. Kagome, Mr. Inu Yasha, we have arrived at your mother's estate,” the limo driver said.
 
Kagome moved next to Inu Yasha so she could roll down the window and see out better. For the second time that day, she thought she was going to faint. The house was gigantic! She had never seen anything like it in her life. It was so beautiful. Now she really wished that she went to live with her mother in America. She could have eventually been living in luxury. Her mother's home looked like it could have been taken out of China and placed onto an empty lot. The house almost reminded her of a Chinese palace of some sorts. (Once again, e-mail me with requests to see the house, for I cannot even begin to describe it.)
 
“Holy crap Kagome, you never told us your mom had this much fuckin' money.” Inu Yasha was just as impressed as she was.
 
“Trust me,” she spoke, still in awe, “If I knew my mom had this kind of money, I would have been gone a long time ago to give her a visit.”
 
When the limo finally stopped, the driver walked around and opened the door so Inu Yasha and Kagome could exit the car. “Miss, your mother and the rest of your party are already inside, just simply follow the path to your left and then Joseph will show you the rest of the way.”
 
“These Americans sure have weird names,” Inu Yasha said while scratching his head. “Can't I take this stupid thing off yet?”
 
Kagome stared at the baseball cap on top of Inu Yasha's head. “Once you're in your room where no one will see you. What would people think?”
 
Like he cared. He could give a rat's ass as to whether someone cared about his ears. “Come on wench; let me take the damn thing off!”
 
“I said no; besides, I'll never let you take it off unless you start calling me by my first name!”
 
“Bitch...” Inu Yasha muttered under his breath so Kagome wouldn't hear him, or hoped that she wouldn't.
 
“Ahem,” The butler said to get Kagome and Inu Yasha's attention. “My name is Joseph and I am the head butler of Ms. Higurashi's household. Now if you will follow me, I will take you to the living room were all of the other guests are.”
 
As the butler opened the door, both Kagome and Inu Yasha's mouths just about reached the floor. The house was amazing. On the outside it looked like an old Chinese palace, yet on the inside it was an ultra modern paradise. Kagome couldn't believe how modern the house was. It was one of those houses a person would see on TV and think 'Wow, I'd kill to live in a place like that.' 
 
There were no words to describe the house; the only thing she could think of was how she wanted a house like this when she grew up. 
 
Inu Yasha felt very out of place. He had never dreamed of being house like this one, and as he walked through it, heading toward the living room it made him feel very small. 
 
"Ms. Higurashi, your daughter and her boyfriend have arrived." 
 
Immediately both became red and yelled in unison. “He/She is not my girlfriend/boyfriend!!!”
 
Kagome's mother spoke up. “I'm terrible sorry for that, I just assumed when Inu Yasha was the one taking care of you after you fainted that you two were together. I was hoping for some grandchildren in the near future, but I guess that won't be happening.”
 
At that moment she wanted to run over to her mother and strangle her. She had just embarrassed her in front of everyone. Of course, it wasn't like she could see anything besides white spots. Right as she felt her face turn red, someone one had taken out a camera and started to take pictures like crazy. She felt like she was going to either go blind or see dozens of spots for the rest of her life.
 
When she could finally see again, there was no camera out, and no one showed the slightest bit of suspicion. Sooner or later, she was going to get to the bottom of whoever was taking the pictures.
 
“Any ways,” her mother said calmly, “I'm glad to see that you're feeling better. I assume that you had a pleasant trip darling?”
 
Kagome nodded her head, “It was fine,” she blushed when she remember that she had basically held Inu Yasha's hand all through the trip.
 
“Well, now that you are all here, I shall show you to your rooms. I figured you might want to rest a bit before its time for lunch. The time change can be a bit hard to adjust to.” She looked around for the butler. “Ah! James, would you please tell Odette and Yves to prepare lunch? Nothing too much, just a light lunch.”
 
James bowed. “Of course Ms. Higurashi.” He walked out of the room in a dignified matter.
 
“I see that you have French chefs, Ms. Higurashi, a very fine choice,” Sesshomaru commented. “I have been to France a few times myself, and did not have one bad meal.”
 
“Odette and Yves are recent college graduates, but they graduated at the top of the class and have never made a bad meal. Besides that, let us get to your rooms. I need to inform Joseph where to put your belongings.”
 
The groups began to walk, and Kagome looked around. There was no sign of the mysterious fiancé who was with her mother earlier that day. Kagome figured that maybe he was in a different part of the house. She was anxious to find out more about this man. Kagome didn't plan on letting just any man marry her mother. Even if she was already pregnant, this guy was going to go under some serious investigation.
 
Even when she was walking up the spiral staircase, she totally ignored her surroundings and continued to think of ways to see if this man was indeed suitable for being her mother's new wife.
 
When they got to the second floor, they proceeded down one hallway which only had three doors. Kagome assumed that that was where her mother, grandfather and brother slept. After they turned right, walked down that hallway full of doors they turned left down another hallway which had even more doors. Kagome was amazed.
 
“Gods woman… How many damn rooms does your mom have in this place!?” Kagome had noticed how that recently anything Inu Yasha said, it had to do with the house. It was confusing her, and she planned on getting to the bottom of it before the day was over.
 
Her mother stopped in front of the very first door on the left. “The rooms on the left side belong to the boys, and the rooms on the right are for the girls. Choose whichever room you want, they are all the same. Each room has a king bed, plasma TV, digital cable, phone, bathroom, balcony, and other furnishings. If there is anything you need, there is an intercom system next to your beds. Simply just press the red button and say what you want, there is always a maid or butler listening.
 
Its around eleven AM right now, lunch will be in around fourty-five minutes. In that time, feel free to relax, roam around the house and check things out. There is a pool as well as a tennis court in the back yard. If you look past the pool to the left, there is a nice sized garden to visit. I have to go work on some business right now; I'll see you all at lunch.”
 
“My dear Sango, would you do me the honors of choosing a room right across from mine?”
 
She just shook her head at Miroku, “Of course, if it will make you happy.”
 
The others choose their rooms. Haruki had to have serious convincing before he would have his room. He kept on insisting that he needed to stay in the same room and sleep on the same bed as Sesshomaru, but Sango yelled at him and threatened to cancel his magazine subscriptions.
 
Kagome walked down to the end of the hallway and choose the farthest room on the right. When she entered, she felt like she was heaven. Everything was just so modern and luxurious; she wanted to live here forever. Kagome knew that she could if she really wanted to, but there just seemed to be something calling her back to Japan.
 
She stretched her arms and leaned against the wall.
 
That is until it caved in…
 
“Owies…” Kagome moaned as she landed on her butt. “That's gonna hurt for a while.”
 
When she finally got up, she turned around and looked at the hole in the wall. She peeked her head in, and too her amazement, she saw a small pair of about five steps and then a landing leading somewhere. Deciding to check it out, she stepped into the wall and began to climb the stairs. It was very dark, and she couldn't see anything.
 
It was too close to lunch, and Kagome knew she was going to need a flashlight before going in any further. Plus, she heard Sango's voice outside her door. Not that she was selfish; she just wanted this little secret to herself. Kagome quickly put the wall board back on. Surprisingly, it went in quite easily.
 
“Kagome? Are you in there?”
 
“I'm coming Sango!” She exclaimed. She quickly ran over to the door and stepped into the hallway, “I was on my balcony and didn't hear you at first.” That was a pretty good lie, wasn't it?
 
Both girls walked down the hallways towards the stairs, talking about the house and how much they enjoyed it.
 
 
Lunch Time…
 
 
When it was time for lunch, they all managed to find their way to the dinning room, and they seated themselves along a long stainless steal table which had their lunch ready for them. Kagome was very excited to see that her mother had remembered her favorite food, oden. There was a little bowl next to her plate of assorted small sandwiches.
 
As she and the others began to eat, the man from earlier who was her mothers supposed fiancé entered. He was a tall man with neatly made black hair and he had dark brown eyes that seemed to catch every little detail. He bent over and kissed her mother before taking a seat next to her mother.
 
“Kagome, you never got to be formally introduced to my fiancé, this Andrew Johns.”
 
“It's uh… nice to meet you Mr. Johns.”
 
“Please,” Andrew said coolly, “Don't use such formalities, just call me Andrew.”
 
They continued to eat their lunch in silence before Miroku struck up a conversation with Andrew.”
 
“We all know Ms. Higurashi's job, what do you do Andrew?”
 
Andrew's face lit up as if he had been waiting for someone to ask that question. Kagome was a little creeped out with how arrogant his presence suddenly became. “As of two days ago, I am the current owner of Microsoft. I used to be a mere financial director, but then two days ago, I was voted up to owner.”
 
Kagome was confused, but Miroku ask her question for her. “I thought that Bill Gates owned Microsoft, whatever happened to him?”
 
“You didn't hear about it?” Andrew asked.
 
They all shook their heads.
 
“Around a month ago, Bill Gates was caught sleeping with Michael Jackson. It was quite a big scandal over here in the US. The whole thing was such a big scandal that Gates was so humiliated, he took all of his money and left. That of course left no owner. I was such a good employee that they decided to give Microsoft to me. Who would have thought?”
 
(AN: I just randomly made that up, I needed a reason for Gates to not own Microsoft anymore. I am sorry if I have offended anyone in anyway. If I have, please forgive me.)
 
Kagome sat there wide-eyed. Well… that sure was… interesting. To be honest, she really didn't need to know that bit of information. Couldn't he of just said that he quit his job? It would have been a lot more pleasing to hear. She just tried to shake the thought away and continued to eat her lunch.
 
“Oh, by the way Kagome, I was hoping for you guys to come with me to work either later on today or tomorrow.”
 
There was no problem with that. So they would be going to a place that she'd rather not go, but she figured she needed to suck it up and start acting like an adult. Even though she didn't want to go, she knew her mother would be happy if she did. “Of course, that's fine with me.”
 
“That's just great!” Her mother clasped her hands together; she had a very peculiar look on her face. “Oh this will just be perfect. Did you bring your swimsuit with you Kagome?”
 
She slowly nodded her head. “Yes… I did…”
 
“Wonderful! Make sure you bring it with you tomorrow! We normally don't shoot photos of men and women together, but we are doing a special issue in a few months with both sexes in images together. I'd really like it if we took some pictures of you and a male.”
 
WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE THINKING?! Her mother wanted her to be in a magazine that old guys looked at?! This was awful, no, this was more than awful, this was disastrous. She had never thought about modeling, either fully clothed or half-naked, she had never expected to do anything of the sorts.
 
Inu Yasha was furious. He did not want anyone touching Kagome besides him! Wait, since when did he care who touched Kagome. It was like he like her or anything. He was just looking out for her. Yes, that was all, just looking out for her. Besides, what was the likelihood of Kagome saying yes anyways? She must be crazy if she accepted.
 
Inu Yasha was confident. She wasn't going to accept her mothers offer. No way. No way in Hell.
 
“Alright, I'll do it.”
 
Inu Yasha was stunned.
 
“Perfect. I also saw one of your friends swimming,” her mother said, “And let me tell you he had one great body.”
 
Kagome crossed her fingers and prayed that it was Inu Yasha. Not that she liked him, just knew she would feel more comfortable around him. “Okay… Who was it?”
 
“I was thinking, how would you feel about modeling with Koga? Let me tell you, have you seen his abs? They are pretty impressive.”
 
Well, it wasn't Inu Yasha, but at least it wasn't Naraku or Haruki, that would just really creep her out. “Alright, how about tomorrow, that way I could work on my tan a bit.”
 
Her mother nodded. “That would perfect!”
 
Inu Yasha couldn't believe it. She was actually going to do it! He stood up quickly with a sudden jerk, causing quite a commotion, and he slammed his hands down on the table.
Everyone gave Inu Yasha silent stares, some more sure than others as to why he had this sudden outrage.
"Inu Yasha?" Kagome asked, "Are you alright?"
"No I am not alright! I'm not going to let you model with Koga!"
"But Inu Yasha-"
'I want her to only be with me! I care for her too much for her to run off with some jackass and glomp all over him!'
He looked over at Kagome; she was standing there in shock. What was wrong with her? Then he realized that what had meant to be a simple private thought, turned out to be a very public confession.
He finally managed to mutter a few words out of his mouth.
"Aw fuck...I'm screwed."
 
TBC!
 
So, how was it? I really hope the comment I made earlier doesn't offend anyone. If it really does and too many people think it's just down right wrong and think it needs to be removed, I'll remove it. I don't readers straying because of inappropriate content. Well besides that, I hoped you enjoyed the chapter. A bit of a break from the Inu/Kag fluff, but I plan on there to be more in the next chapter! Please read and review! As you can see how your reviews inspire me to write faster. :)