InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Loving You ❯ Secrets...And More Secrets ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Loving You*

Chapter 8: Secrets…And More Secrets

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



"Is she awake?" She heard Rin whisper.

"I don't know," Wyatt whispered back.

Kagome had her back to the door so they couldn't see that she was awake and smiling. She felt them climb up onto the bed.

"Wake up!" They both yelled as they started jumping up and down.

"Wake up, Mommy! Wake up!"

Kagome started laughing and rolled over. "I'm awake, I'm awake," she said. "What time is it?" She yawned and looked at the clock. It read seven twenty three. Kagome eyed her sister. "Why am I up so early?"

"We have and appointment at nine at the dress boutique for your dress fitting," Rin told her.

"Oh."

"Come on," Rin said. "We got breakfast waiting downstairs. So, let's get to gettin'!"



After breakfast, Kagome, Rin, Sango and Wyatt went downtown to the boutique. When they walked in, Kagome went over to the wedding dresses to look at them with Wyatt standing next to her playing his PSP he got from Uncle Luke.

Looking at the dresses, Kagome feared she might never get married...to the person she wanted to marry, anyway. And she knew that would never happen. Kagome looked down at Wyatt sadly. He does need a guy around. I can't just depend on my uncle for help all the time. And she couldn't depend on Inuyasha, either, being that he lives in Japan and her in New York. Maybe she should give in to...

"Kagome," Rin called, breaking Kagome out of her thought.

"Yeah?"

"Come over here so you can be fitted for your dress."

Kagome took Wyatt's hand and walked to her sisters.

Rin held up the dress she was holding. "What do you think?"

"It's beautiful," Kagome said.

"Well, get in the dressing room and put it on," Rin said, handing over the dress to Kagome.

When Kagome walked out of the dressing room, all eyes were instantly on her.

"Mommy, you look real pretty."

Kagome smiled at Wyatt. "Thank you, sweetie."

"He's right, Kagome," Sango said. "You look stunning."

Kagome gaped at Sango, eyes wide.

"What?" Sango asked.

"Well," Kagome started. "You just never gave me a compliment before, that's all."

Rin walked over to Kagome to examine the dress, breaking the uncomfortable silence left by Kagome and Sango. “I think it’ll only need a few alterations.” Rin paused. “I’m gonna go get Lane.”

Kagome turned to Sango. “Who’s Lane?”

“The really perky seamstress,” Sango said, dryly.

“No one can be worse than Rin, though,” Kagome said. “Right?” She added when she saw Sango’s skeptical look.

“You sure about that?” Sango asked, nodding toward Rin and Lane, who were walking towards them.

“You must be Kagome!” Lane exclaimed.

“Yes, I-”

Kagome was cut off by the older woman. “Rin was right, you are just so lovely!”

Kagome smiled. “Uh, thank you.”

Lane laughed loudly. “Anyway, let’s have a look at this dress, shall we?” She circled Kagome, pulling a some seams, measuring the straps. “Well,” she said after a few minutes, “it looks like I did a pretty good job making the dress fit without having her here to measure.” She laughed again.

Kagome looked over at Sango wide eyed. Sango smiled and shook her head.

Lane kept on talking. “But, Rin, you are right, I will need to take it in in a few places, but for the most part, it’s perfect!”

“Great!” Rin said.

“Why don’t you go ahead and change,” Lane said to Kagome.

After Kagome got dressed, the four of them left and went to a tiny restaurant for brunch.

“So, Sango,” Kagome started, “have you picked out any names for your baby yet?”

Sango took a sip of her tea before answering. “We thought of a couple names, uh, Kaiya if it’s a girl and Masakazu if it’s a boy.”

“Those are good names,” Kagome commented. She turned to Rin. “Are you Sesshomaru thinking about having kids?”

“We’ve talked about it and yes we do want kids, but not for a while.” She paused. “So what about you, Kagome?”

“What about me?” Kagome asked, confused.

“Are you seeing anyone?”“Uh, no.”

“No?”

“I haven’t dated anyone in a few years. I’ve gone on dates, but nothing serious.”

“Really?” Rin asked, not believing her. “How long has it been since you were on a date?”

“Not that long actually. A couple weeks ago I went to dinner with someone.”

Rin smiled. “Ooo, what’s his name?”

Kagome sighed. “Hojo Nakumora.”

“How did you meet him?” Sango asked.

“We work together, on stage.”

“That’s nice,” Sango said.
“No, not really. I mean, he’s a nice guy and all, but… I don’t know, maybe too nice.”

The food arrived then and the sisters paused their conversation for a few moments as the food was set in front of them. They thanked the waiter, then started eating.

“What do you mean by too nice?” Sango asked

“I don’t know.”

Kagome thought for a minute. What did she mean by that? He was always nice, how could that be a problem? To everyone else, it wouldn’t be a problem…but to her it was.

Hojo never argued with her. He always held doors open for her, always bought her food when they ordered stuff at work. Was always buying her stuff, even though they weren’t dating. Hojo was sweet and kind. So why was that a problem?

“I think I know,” Rin said. She looked pointedly at Kagome, her voice taking on a softer tone. “He’s nice, but he’s not Inuyasha.”

Kagome looked at Rin, shocked. She quickly shook her head. “N-no.”

“Kagome, Inuyasha was your first love, your longest relationship. Your only relationship. It’s only natural that you compare this guy and every other guy you meet with Inuyasha.”

“No…I don’t compare them.”

Sango interjected. “No, Kagome, Rin has a point. You say you don’t like, uh…”

“Hojo,” Kagome provided.

“Right, Hojo. You say he’s too nice, that’s why you don’t like him.”

“Exactly,” Rin added. “Hojo sounds like the complete opposite of Inuyasha. Hojo seems nice and sweet and Inuyasha is rude and arrogant. That’s what your used to.”

Kagome sighed. “Okay, so, maybe your right. How do I get past this?”

“For starters, you have to get over Inuyasha and move on, sweetie.”

Kagome gaped at her sisters. “I am over him.”

“If you were over him, we wouldn’t be having this discussion in the first place,” Sango said.

Kagome sat back, eating her lunch along with her sister’s and son, and thought about what her sisters had just told her.

Was she still not over Inuyasha? She thought she had gotten over him years ago, after she had Wyatt, knowing that she was never going to have him again. But the more Kagome thought about it, she realized she wasn’t as over him as she thought she was. In the back of her mind she knew she would never get over him. And she knew deep in her heart she would always love him.

“You’re right,” Kagome said, breaking the silence.

Her lunch companions looked up from their almost finished meals.

Rin swallowed the bite she just took. “What?”

“You both are right. I thought I was over him, but I guess I was wrong.”

“Well, I’m glad you’re admitting it. It’s not healthy to deny it or anything for that matter,” Rin said.

“Thank you, Dr. Higurashi,” Kagome said, dryly.

“Your welcome. That’ll be three thousand five hundred dollars.”

Kagome smiled. “Bill me.”

The sister’s laughed at their humor, then quieted down and finished their meal.

Once they were in the car and driving, Kagome looked at the clock; it read eleven thirty.

“Aw, crap,” Kagome muttered.

“What?” Rin asked from the driver’s seat, glancing at Kagome in the rearview mirror.

“We’re supposed to be meeting Inuyasha at his house at noon. Do you think that you could drop us off?”

Rin nodded. “Sure.” She switched lanes and turned down another street that led to the freeway. “What are you guys up to today?”

“Wyatt is just gonna spend some time with Inuyasha.”

“Oh,” Rin said. “Wyatt, are you gonna have fun with your daddy today?”

“Uh-huh,” Wyatt told his aunt.

They drove on the freeway for about twenty minutes before getting off on an exit in the country.

As they drove along, Kagome and Wyatt stared out the windows, fascinated by the scenery.

“I forgot how beautiful it is here,” Kagome said.

For miles, all you could see was land. No houses, no buildings, just land. The Tashios owned acres and acres of land. And lining the road they were driving on, which eventually turned into their driveway, were sakura trees.

Tall and beautiful, the sakura trees swayed in the wind. Kagome rolled down the window and inhaled the wonderful scent they gave off.

After driving for another twenty minutes, the dirt road became blacktop and they came up to an iron gate and fence that surrounded the house. Rin rolled down her window and punched in the security code.

“Cool,” Wyatt said, staring as the gates opened. “Is that Daddy’s house?”

“Uh-huh,” Kagome said.

“Wait till you see the inside,” Rin told him as she drove around the curve of the driveway and stopped in front of the house. “All right, get out,” she said teasingly.

Kagome stepped out of the car followed immediately by Wyatt, who was very eager to see the house.

“Did you need me to pick you up? Or is Yash taking you home?” Rin asked when she rolled down Sango’s window, shouting over her sister.

Sango held up her hand. “Rin, can you not yell in my ear?”

Rin looked at Sango, apologetically. “Sorry.” She looked back at Kagome, waiting for and answer.

“I don’t know. He’ll most likely drive us home. If not, I’ll call,” Kagome told her, taking a hold of Wyatt’s hand as he tried to run to the house.

“Alright.”

“Bye,” Kagome said to her sisters.

“Bye.
“See ya, later.”

Kagome watched as they drove off, then turned to look at the house. “I can’t believe it’s been five years since I’ve been here.”

Wyatt tugged at him mom’s hand. “Come on.”

“Okay.”

As they walked up the many steps to the porch, Kagome found herself remembering the last time she was here. It was the day before she went to the clinic. She was helping them decorate the Christmas tree.

Everyone busted out laughing at the joke Tai Tashio made. Well, everyone but Sesshomaru. He just smiled his barely there smirk.

Kagome was sitting on the floor, sorting through a box full of tree decorations. Inuyasha was sitting behind her on the couch, also going through the box. Tai was at the fireplace, stoking the fire. Izayoi was sipping her hot tea while standing in front of the tree looking at the lights and garland that were already put on it. Rin was drinking some hot chocolate, sitting on Sesshomaru’s lap in a recliner.

“Okay, okay,” Izayoi said. “Let’s get back on topic, please? Now, Sesshomaru, what is your favorite Christmas memory?”

“Your kidding me, right?” Inuyasha interjected, laughing. “Sesshomaru have a favorite Christmas memory?”

Kagome hit him on the knee that was next to her head. “Be nice.”

“Yeah, Inuyasha, don’t be rude.” She turned back to Sesshomaru. “Well?”

Sesshomaru glared at Inuyasha before answering his mother’s question. “A few years back, Dad decided to put a santa and reindeer set on the roof and he asked me and idiot over there to help him. We were up on the roof for not even ten minutes when we discovered Inuyasha’s fear of heights.” Sesshomaru paused.

If looks could disintegrate people, Sesshomaru would have busted into flames from the way Inuyasha was looking at him.

“He said he was getting dizzy and stayed far away from the edge. And when Dad called him over to the ladder, Inuyasha took one look down and he fainted and fell over the edge.”

Sesshomaru smiled at Inuyasha, while Tai and Rin burst out laughing for the second time within ten minutes. While Kagome hid her smile.

“Will you guys never let me leave it down?”

“Hell no!” Tai said.

Izayoi heaved a sigh and shook her head. “Knock it off guys. I don’t need World War III erupting in my living room.” She waited till they got quiet to start talking again. “Who’s next?” Looking around, her gaze stopped on Kagome.

Kagome looked up at Izayoi an saw her staring at her.

“Kagome, do you have a favorite Christmas memory?”

Kagome hesitated, glancing down before nodding her head. “My favorite Christmas memory isn’t last Christmas, but the year before, when I went to New York to spend Christmas with my dad.” Kagome paused as tears filled her eyes. She waited a minute before continuing, to try to compose herself. “A couple days after I arrived, we went to cut down a tree ourselves. Then we spent the whole afternoon decorating the tree and penthouse. After that we watched some old Christmas movies. The day after, which was Christmas Eve, we went to Central Park and ice skated and got some hot chocolate. Christmas Day was the best. Dad and I made breakfast, then opened the presents we got each other. After that, we bundled up and sat on his balcony and watched the Christmas Day parade. And that night, Inuyasha showed up to spend the rest of Christmas vacation with me and my dad in New York. That was my favorite Christmas.”

Izayoi smiled at Kagome. “Sounds like a great Christmas.

Everyone agreed with the nod of there heads.

Before anyone could say anything more, the maid, who was a water demon, walked in. “Ma’am, dinner is ready,” she said, speaking to Izayoi.

“Thank you, Etsu. Let’s go eat, everyone.”

Everybody jumped up and went to the kitchen, with Kagome walking behind everyone. She was starving and the closer she got to the dining room, the stronger the aroma of dinner was. To everyone else, it smelled great, but to Kagome, it made her feel sick. When she stepped into the room, the nausea hit her hard. She put her hand to her mouth and grabbed the nearest person to steady herself.

Tai looked down at Kagome, who was grabbing his arm. “Are you okay, honey?”

Kagome opened her mouth to answer, but quickly shut it against shut it against the bile that rose up her throat and into her mouth. She hurriedly turned and ran for the nearest bathroom. She reached the bathroom in record time. She slammed the door shut and knelt down on the floor and she heaved into the toilet.

Kagome heard someone knocking on the door. She knew who it was when he asked if she was okay.

“I’m fine,” Kagome rasped, her voice raw from getting sick. She leaned against the wall, her head resting on her drawn up knees, breathing deeply as the nauseous feeling dissipated.

After a few minutes, Kagome stood up shakily and went to the sink. She turned on the cold water, splashed her face and rinsed out her mouth. Kagome dried off her face and walked out of the bathroom, down the hallway and into the huge foyer.

Inuyasha was sitting on the stairs when he saw Kagome walk into the front room.

“Kagome, are you alright?” He asked as he walked over to Kagome and drew her into his arms.

Kagome put her arms around his torso and laid her head on his chest. “No, my head hurts.”

“Do you still feel sick?”

“No.”

“Do you have the flu or something?”

Kagome shrugged. “I felt fine before.” She sighed.

“Do you want to stay? Or you want to go home?”

Kagome smiled a small smile. “Door number two.”

Inuyasha smiled at his girlfriend and kissed her forehead. “Okay. Go get your stuff and I’ll tell everyone.”

Kagome nodded and walked slowly to the front closet.

As Kagome was getting her coat on, Rin rushed out of the dinning room towards Kagome.

“Honey, are you okay?” Rin asked, taking Kagome’s hands

“I’m fine. I just want to go home and lie down.”
Rin’s eyes widened at what Kagome said. She put a hand to her sister’s forehead. “You actually want to go home? Wow, you must really be sick.”

Kagome jerked her head away from Rin. “Stop it.”

“Do you want me to go home with you?”

“No, you stay here and have fun. I’ll be fine.” Rin gave her a skeptical look. “Really. I‘ll be fine.”

“Okay,” Rin said, with a sigh.

Kagome leaned forward and gave Rin a hug. “I’ll see you when you get home. Love you.”

“Love you, too.”

On the way home, Kagome was freaking out on the inside. Why was she getting sick all of a sudden? She didn’t think she was sick, because she didn’t have a fever or anything.

Kagome thought back to all the times she got sick. She realized she only got sick in the morning and when she smelled something with a strong scent.

Then it hit Kagome like a ton of bricks. She couldn’t possibly be pregnant. Her and Inuyasha only had sex once. Girls don’t get pregnant the first time…right?

Kagome came out of her reverie when the front door opened.

“Miss Kagome?” The maid asked in shock.

Kagome nodded. “Hi, Etsu. It’s good to see you again.

Etsu let them and shut the door behind them.

“Who is this little one?” Etsu asked.

“This is my son, Wyatt.”

“Your son?” Kagome nodded again. “Well, it’s very nice to meet you, Mr. Wyatt.”

Wyatt smiled up at Etsu. “Hi!”

“Would you guys like anything to drink?”

“Sure,” Kagome answered. She took Wyatt’s hand and followed Etsu to the kitchen.
When they reached the kitchen, Kagome and Wyatt sat down at the kitchen island as Etsu scanned the contents of the refrigerator.

“Miss Kagome, do you still like cran-apple juice?”

“Heck, yeah, I do. I can’t believe you remembered.”

“Of course I remembered. I’ve known you since you were a baby and this juice is the only juice you would ever drink,” Etsu said, pouring Kagome a glass. “Does Mr. Wyatt like this kind?”

Kagome laughed. “No. He’s just like his father, he hates the stuff. He does like regular orange juice, though.”

Etsu just poured Wyatt a glass of juice when they heard the front door slam open, then slam shut a few seconds later.

“Excuse me,” Etsu said, going to see who just walked into the house.

Kagome and Wyatt sat there drinking their juice, waiting for Etsu to come back. After a minute or so, they heard her talking to someone. Kagome couldn’t made out the other voice, so she went to find out, after telling Wyatt to stay in the kitchen.

If it’s Izayoi, Kagome told herself, just..stay..calm.

When Kagome walked into the foyer, she stopped dead in her tracks, not believing who she saw.

“Miss Kikyo, Master Inuyasha is not here. He is at work.”

“No, he’s not. I called there a little bit ago and they said he was on his way home, so he has to be here. And if he’s not, I’m going to stay-” Kikyo stopped short, seeing Kagome walk into the room.

“Kikyo?” Kagome stared in horror as her childhood and teenage enemy stood in her ex-boyfriends house.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Kikyo asked in a snooty voice. “I thought you moved away…for good.”

“I did,” Kagome said, icily. “I’m just here for Rin’s wedding.”

“Then what are you doing here?” Kikyo asked, referring to the mansion.

“I’m here to see Inuyasha, if you must know.”
“Oh, you’re here to see Inuyasha, huh?” Kikyo repeated. “Thinking you two are gonna get back together?”

“No, not at all,” Kagome said, glancing back at the kitchen, making sure Wyatt was still sitting down. Thankfully he was and that he was out of Kikyo’s sight. “Not that it’s any of your business, anyway.”

Kikyo clicked her tongue. “See, that’s where you’re wrong. He’s mine.”

Kagome stared at Kikyo, confusion written on her face. “What are you talking about?”

Kikyo rolled her eyes. “Me and Inuyasha are dating.”Kagome’s eyes widened. “What?!”

“Yeah, for almost a year,” Kikyo said, smiling coldly.

Kagome looked over at Etsu, asking with her eyes if what was said was true.

Etsu hesitated, but then nodded her head.

Before anyone could say anymore, the front door opened slowly. They turned to look who it was and saw Inuyasha cautiously enter the house.


Inuyasha couldn’t believe it. He was running late. He was never late. He sped down the freeway, swerving in and out of traffic. When he finally drove onto his family’s land, he went faster then he did on the freeway.

Inuyasha drove down the road, hoping that Kagome wasn’t there yet. Once he went through the gate, he saw Kikyo’s car parked on front of his house. Now, really hoped that Kagome wasn’t there yet.

Coming to a stop behind Kikyo’s car, Inuyasha quickly and quietly got out and bounded up the steps. Once he reached the top step, he knew that his wish was not answered.

Cautiously, he opened the front door and stepped in.

“Hi, baby,” Kikyo cooed. She strode over to Inuyasha, put her arms around him, grabbed his face and kissed him hard.

Completely caught off guard, Inuyasha kissed her back for a second before pulling away. He automatically looked over at Kagome, who glanced away. “Kagome…I-”

Kagome held up her hand to stop him.
Just as she was gonna say something, Wyatt ran out of the kitchen, sensing Inuyasha.

“Daddy!” He ran straight to Inuyasha and hugged his legs.

Kikyo jumped back. “What the fuck is going on? Did he just call you Daddy?”

“Kik-”

“Don’t you ever swear in front on my son again or what happened in eighth grade will happen again,” Kagome said, cutting Inuyasha off. She walked over to Wyatt and picked him up. “Come on, we’re leaving.” She stalked to the door.

Etsu hurriedly went to the door and opened it for her.

Kagome paused just for a second. “Thank you and good bye, Etsu,” she said, then walked out.

“Kagome!” She heard Inuyasha shout after her. “Kagome, hold on!”

Kagome ignored him, pulled out her cell phone and dialed a number.

“Hello?” Said the person on the other end.

“Rin, could you come get us?” Kagome asked.

“Don’t leave, Kagome,” Inuyasha said, stepping in front of her.

“Is that Inuyasha?” Rin asked, as Kagome turned away from him.

“Yes, I’ll explain later. Just please come and pick us up,” she pleaded.

“Sure, I’m leaving right now.”

Kagome hung up the phone and started down the steps.

“Come on, Kagome. Don’t be mad. Can we just talk?”

“Talk?” Kagome shouted, setting Wyatt down. “What’s there to talk about? You’re dating Kikyo. Enough said.”

“You don’t have to leave.”

“Yes, we do. It’s clear that Kikyo is staying and we can’t be around each other or one of us will ki-” Kagome stopped herself from finishing the sentence, quickly remembering that Wyatt was listening. “You know what happens when we’re in the same room for a short period of time. Or do I have to remind you that when we were in school, we couldn’t be in the same classes?”

Inuyasha grinned. “Yeah, I remember.”

Kagome slapped his arm. “It’s not funny.”

Kagome sat down on the steps, watching Wyatt while he threw rocks in the pond.

“Inuyasha!” Kikyo called from the front. “Get in here! We need to talk!”

Inuyasha sighed. “This is gonna be one fun conversation.”

Kagome looked up at him. “Just have it inside, away from me and Wyatt.”

Inuyasha nodded. “Wyatt!” He called

Wyatt looked up when he heard his name.

Inuyasha motioned for him to come over. Wyatt ran up the steps to him. “Hey, buddy,” he kneeled down on one knee, “looks like we’re not gonna be able to hang out today.”

Wyatt pouted. “Why”
“Because something came up.” Inuyasha ruffled Wyatt’s hair and stood. “We’ll try again, okay?”

“Wyatt nodded and hugged Inuyasha’s leg.

“Kagome, I’ll call you later?”

“Sure.”

Inuyasha turned and walked back into the house.

Kagome watched him walk into the house and caught a glimpse of Kikyo glaring at her.

Kagome sighed. “Come here, sweetie.” She picked Wyatt up and sat him in her lap to wait for Rin.







*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: hello everyone, sorry about the long wait L . I hope you liked this chapter!



PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or anything I borrow from Charmed.