InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lullaby on a Stormy Night ❯ One Shot ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Lullaby For A Stormy Night
By Animechicka1992

Disclaimer:
I do not own the song or Inuyasha.

A/N: I fell in love with the song when I heard it that I just had to get it, whether it was over the internet or I bought it so now its presently in my CD player.

The song is Lullaby For a Stormy Night by Vienna Teng. Thanks for reading.

One Shot

“Kagome… I’m scared. Can I sleep in there with you?” The small fox asked as yet another lightening flash appeared outside. The group was presently staying at the village’s headman’s home, since Miroku felt that there was another demonic cloud floating over head.

We all know what that means. (Maybe that young girl walking into the village had something to do with it eh?)

Kagome shifted her position so she could see the young kitsune properly. She smiled and moved over.

“Sure Shippo.” She whispered and her young friend slipped himself into the sleeping bag with her. He was too young to know that sleeping like that wasn’t proper, but at least he wasn’t a certain monk a few feet away.

Another flash of thunder and lightening filled the sky, the booming noises pounding into their ears.

“K-Kagome…. I’m scared.” He stuttered. She stroked his head gently.

“It’s okay Shippo.” She whispered in his pointed elf ear. They listened to the rain sounding like pebbles as they hit the porch outside.

Little child, be not afraid.
Though rain pounds harshly against the glass.

“W-Who’s out there?” Shippo asked. “They’re making a lot of noises. Why isn’t Inuyasha going out to get them?”

“Because it’s just thunder. There’s nothing to get all scared about.” Inuyasha muttered.

“He’s right Shippo. It’s just natural. But we’re here if you need us.” Kagome said.

Like an unwanted stranger, there is no danger.
I am here tonight.

“B-but, isn’t it a demon?!? It’s just so loud and scary!! If it’s just rain, then why is it raining here? It’s rained a lot, but this rain might by possessed by Naraku.” Shippo worried.

“No Shippo..

And someday you’ll know
That nature is so
The same rain that draws you near me
Falls on rivers and land
On forests and sand
Makes the beautiful world that you’ll see
In the morning..

So if you sleep, everything will be okay. It’s the same rain you’re used to.” Kagome said.

“There’s no use Kagome. Feh, I’m going to sleep.” Inuyasha muttered as he turned in his spot and rested.

“But look!! There’s no moon!!” Shippo said and he pointed. “No moon means it’s the new moon and Inuyasha is still in his demon form! It’s Naraku’s doing!”

Kagome pulled him back over and sat him down on her lap.

“That’s just because the moon is playing hide and go seek with us. He’s hiding behind the dark clouds but we’re not supposed to know that.” Kagome whispered, as if she was telling some big secret.

Little child, be not afraid
Though storm clouds mask your beloved moon
And its candlelight beams, still keep pleasant dreams
I am here tonight.

“Let’s just try to get some sleep now.” Kagome said. She slipped down into her sleeping bag and rolled over. Shippo layed down beside her trying to sleep as well.

Within a few minutes, Shippo new he couldn’t get to sleep. He slowly opened his blue eyes to see a shadowy claw at the window nearby him. He yelped and shook Kagome awake. She opened her eyes and sat up.

“What now Shippo? The moon is okay now.” She whispered. Shippo pointed to the claw at the window, now moving around wildly.

“A..A demon!” Shippo said. Kagome tiredly looked over at the ‘demon’ and smiled.

“It’s just the wind Shippo. It’s moving the tree branch around and making it look like demon claws. Nothing’s wrong okay?” Kagome explained.

Little child, be not afraid
The wind makes creatures of our trees
And their branches to hands, they’re not real understand
And I am here tonight.

“Let me tell you something Shippo. Because you see, I had this problem too. My mom would hug me tight and tell me that everything was alright because no matter what happened outside, I’d still be safe inside by morning. That usually helped me know that I’d be fine, but even times when I got really scared, my mom would lay there on my bed with me until I fell asleep, then she’d fall asleep by the window so that I wouldn’t be that afraid if I woke up in the middle of the night. She’d be guarding the window so that nothing came in.” Kagome said.

For you know, once even I was a
Little child, and I was afraid
But a gentle someone always came
To dry all my tears, trade sweet sleep for fears
And to give a kiss goodnight

“And well, now I’m grown up and I’m not scared anymore because I always remember those times and it helps me get to sleep.” Kagome whispered. She hugged little Shippo quietly as he absorbed the words she had told him.

Well now I am grown
And these years have shown
That rain’s a part of how life goes
But it’s dark and it’s late
So I’ll hold you and wait
‘Till your frightened eyes do close.

“Thanks Ka…go…me…” Shippo whispered as he lulled to sleep.

Everything’s fine in the morning.
The rain’ll be gone in the morning.
But I’ll still be here in the morning.”


End
Thanks for reading, upon reading this, and letting my family listen to the song, my family likes it now so Bwahaha! Spread the power of the song!
And for those who forgot:
Lullaby for a Stormy Night by Vienna Teng